DeAndre Daniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saints91 wrote: View Post
    I would've preferred GRIII, freak athlete, and just as good skills. I really don;t understand this pick with who was left on the board.
    Ya when the pick came up I was hoping GR3 or that giant kid Tavares.

Comment

i was hoping jerami grant. has all the physical tools as an amazing defending. he just needed to learn to shoot and a second round pick would be the perfect place to draft him.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Looks like Daniels is in LA training with Amir, DeMar, and Bruno -- he'll be on the Vegas team

http://www.nba.com/raptors/mackenzie_070314

Comment

I like Daniels game he just needs to get stronger or he will get killed in the Nba
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Looks like Daniels is in LA training with Amir, DeMar, and Bruno -- he'll be on the Vegas team

http://www.nba.com/raptors/mackenzie_070314
            A simple enough article, but I like the impression I got about him from it. Hope he can be a keeper. Tall, fairly athletic, good shooter.

Comment

With the signing of Will Cherry the roster presently stands @ 15 players. Noguiera hasn't signed yet but, the team is buying out his ACB/Estudiantes contract so; it's a foregone conclusion that he will be part of the 2014-2015 team.

Daniels survived Summer League and is presently working out with Caboclo, Noguiera & McKechnie in Vancouver. I really want him to be a part of this years team so that he can:
              1) add to his size, strength & conditioning. His years in Europe did nothing to make Noguiera's body more NBA-ready.
              2) develop his skills @ the 3 and learn to play "stretch 4". My fear is that because of his height and length, many European coaches will be tempted to play him @ the 4 exclusively.
              3) provide (during practice) a challenging foil to our starters who struggle against players who are quick, long & athletic. DeMar & Kyle often ran into trouble when they had to drive against players with quick hands/feet & long arms. I think the experience would be mutually beneficial.

I'm hopeful that a roster spot can be opened up by unloading Hayes or Fields before training camp. #messiahujiri

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                I like Daniels game he just needs to get stronger or he will get killed in the Nba
                http://instagram.com/p/rDFujiJHV2/

Don't think he's gonna be on the squad this year.

Comment

We are stacked for the next couples of years at the wing position, he's probably getting stashed for 2 years, until JJ contract is done.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                    We are stacked for the next couples of years at the wing position, he's probably getting stashed for 2 years, until JJ contract is done.
                    Shazzam!!! Let's get rid Fields like yesterday.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                      Shazzam!!! Let's get rid Fields like yesterday.
                      Need some DanH in here.

Could we waive Fields this year and sign Daniels?

(Assuming Nogueira is signed)
                      Last edited by OptimalOptimist; Thu Jul 31, 2014, 09:45 AM.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                        Need some DanH in here.

Could we waive Fields this year and sign Daniels?
                        Sure. We could use the stretch provision and clear 4M off the cap, but that mucks up the cap (2M in dead weight) for the next 2 years after this one.

But we could also NOT use the stretch provision. Simple waive, keep his cap hit on the books. Then sign Daniels.

Here's the tricky bit. Currently, we sit about $700k clear of the tax line. Any player signed to a minimum salary, unfortunately, counts as a 2-year veteran for tax purposes. For example, Cherry is signed for 500k, but counts as 900k for tax purposes.

Same goes for Daniels if we sign him to a minimum deal. That 900k (he'd make 500k, like Cherry, but count as 900k) would put us over the tax by 200k - which is an undesirable negotiating position to be in when you have to dump salary later in the season - could cost us a 2nd rounder or worse. That 200k doesn't just cost you 200k in taxes. It also costs you the revenue sharing that non-tax teams get (usually about $3M), and starts the clock on the repeater tax down the line. Better to avoid it if at all possible.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Sure. We could use the stretch provision and clear 4M off the cap, but that mucks up the cap (2M in dead weight) for the next 2 years after this one.

But we could also NOT use the stretch provision. Simple waive, keep his cap hit on the books. Then sign Daniels.

Here's the tricky bit. Currently, we sit about $700k clear of the tax line. Any player signed to a minimum salary, unfortunately, counts as a 2-year veteran for tax purposes. For example, Cherry is signed for 500k, but counts as 900k for tax purposes.

Same goes for Daniels if we sign him to a minimum deal. That 900k (he'd make 500k, like Cherry, but count as 900k) would put us over the tax by 200k - which is an undesirable negotiating position to be in when you have to dump salary later in the season - could cost us a 2nd rounder or worse. That 200k doesn't just cost you 200k in taxes. It also costs you the revenue sharing that non-tax teams get (usually about $3M), and starts the clock on the repeater tax down the line. Better to avoid it if at all possible.
                          Translation: find a new home for Landry.

Comment

yeah...I rather have DD jr. on a team then Fields. I guess that's no brainer lool
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                              Translation: find a new home for Landry.
                              Then people would bitch about how we gave up a future 1st rounder to save money.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                ...That 200k doesn't just cost you 200k in taxes. It also costs you the revenue sharing that non-tax teams get (usually about $3M), and starts the clock on the repeater tax down the line. Better to avoid it if at all possible.
                                I forgot about this part. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
                                X