No announcement yet.

DeAndre Daniels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't the Raptors have a "screening" (medicals) process?

Hmm...to answer myself...maybe not since he has not technically signed a contract here.

Comment

Hopefully he recovers fully!
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Didn't the Raptors have a "screening" (medicals) process?

Hmm...to answer myself...maybe not since he has not technically signed a contract here.
        Since winning a championship at UConn two things have happened:

1: he's worked out at a lot of per-draft workouts, combines & played at LVSL. he also worked out with Alex McKechnie and the other Raptors rookies. Finally, he's been practicing with the Wildcats since his arrival in Perth.
        2. At no point did anyone detect the bone spur until He signed with the Wildcats.

I'm glad to hear that the injury isn't career threatening and was discovered early enough so as not to be aggravated. I wish him a speedy recovery, an injury-free season and a lot of success.

Comment

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...r-cats-import/

More surgery for Wildcats import
          SHAYNE HOPE, EXCLUSIVE The West Australian
          September 12, 2014, 7:31 am

Wildcats import DeAndre Daniels has had two bouts of surgery since arriving in Perth. Pic: Steve Ferrier/WA News
          High-profile Perth Wildcats import DeAndre Daniels has undergone surgery to halt significant deterioration in his eyesight.

The NBA prospect is expected to make a gradual recovery during the next month and could return to the practice court as early as next week.

Wildcats medical staff detected the impairment, caused by a condition known as keratoconus, during player screenings last month.

Only Daniels' near vision has been affected, causing him trouble when reading and looking at screens in close range.

The 22-year-old had surgery last week and his eyes are still extremely sensitive to light.

But Wildcats managing director Nick Marvin said Daniels was expected to be available for the opening game of the NBL season, at home to New Zealand, on October 10.

"It doesn't affect his basketball and, in fact, he didn't realise he had this condition because it didn't affect his play," Marvin said.

"He's played a whole year at the University of Connecticut and won an NCAA championship with this situation.

"He's been to 14 NBA clubs for try-outs, but the effect on his playing is so minimal that nobody has picked it up."

Comment

Baum with 35pts 8 threes
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

love him

Comment

Preseason game against Melbourne United

22:54, 10 pts, 4-8 FG, 2-3 3P, 6 rebounds, 3 steals.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Preseason game against Melbourne United

22:54, 10 pts, 4-8 FG, 2-3 3P, 6 rebounds, 3 steals.
                  Seems like a nice tidy stat line, especially knowing he his still just coming off surgery.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Does Daniels remind anyone else as younger jordan Hamilton? Both shooters who have similar measurements and both were drafted by Masai.
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Project 34's conceptual design for the Perth Wildcats uniform → http://projectthirtyfour.blog.com/files/2012/12/P34-Perth-Wildcats-Main.jpg

Again, I tip my cap to Project 34 😘🍸🏀💯

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Apparently Perth lost to NZ tonight. Fun fact, NZ's franchise is also its national team!!

http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/video-l...nbl-2014101023
                            Last edited by godkingleonidas; Fri Oct 10, 2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X