Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA draft Grades are out ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speed over quality

Bravo. Everyone applaud these three sites for not taking their time and not opting to slowly think their verdict completely through.

And what a surprise, neither one of these guys probably ever seen the guy play or heard of him so there ya go. Ignorance equals a bad grade. Maybe the reality is he busts, who knows, but I know for sure these three aren't the ones in the know... Bad grade because they either don't know or there is no instant gratification out of the 20th pick.

3. Like MACK11, DanH, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bravo. Everyone applaud these three sites for not taking their time and opting to slowly think their verdict completely through.

And what a surprise, neither one of these guys probably ever seen the guy play or heard of him so there ya go. Ignorance equals a bad grade. Maybe the reality is he busts, who knows, but I know for sure these three aren't the ones in the know.
    Lets hope by few days, we will have some websites ( other than RR) who will grade this pick more than C-.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignorance is bliss.

Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would give us a B-

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think anyone can rate the 20th pick. We gotta see Bruno play in the summer league before we make a judgement

Post Thanks / Like

This would be true if he was drafted to make an impact right away.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    This would be true if he was drafted to make an impact right away.
    i think its still a reach that he'd make an impact even in 2-3-4-whatever years. but of course, what do we know?

at the same time, this could have been said about any of the other players that were still on the board that people have actually seen play and heard of.

i also find out highly unlikely the suns or spurs were 'hot' after this kid either. sounds like a lot of random things being thrown out there in order to try and defend the pick choice.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think other than denver everyone else should get an inconclusive. i think denver did really well at the draft. also the spurs getting anderson is really good for anderson.
    For The Win

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We got a B yayyyyyyyyyy.
    yahoo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-n...062427651.html

Eric Freeman's analysis: It's safe to say that no one anticipated the choice. The Raptors selected the youngest player available in the draft (he doesn't turn 19 years old until September). ESPN's international prospect evaluator Fran Fraschilla, tasked with explaining Caboclo's value, did the young man no favors by calling him "the Brazilian Kevin Durant" before noting that he really doesn't know how to play basketball yet. To make matters worse, Fraschilla also said that Bruno is "two years away from being two years away, and then we'll see," which makes him sound more like the Brazilian Anthony Randolph than the reigning NBA MVP. Only time will tell if the Raptors had shocking foresight or made a huge mistake. They'll have a few years to judge Caboclo overseas before deciding if he's worth a roster spot. The rest of us will have to hope we can learn more — or just anything — about him before that time comes. Marc Spears' grade: B.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i think its still a reach that he'd make an impact even in 2-3-4-whatever years. but of course, what do we know?

at the same time, this could have been said about any of the other players that were still on the board that people have actually seen play and heard of.

i also find out highly unlikely the suns or spurs were 'hot' after this kid either. sounds like a lot of random things being thrown out there in order to try and defend the pick choice.
    Well it depends on how fast he catches on to the defense. He has a very good teacher and all the tools though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto won the "Comedy" award !!!! Check out the clips :Min2:03
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...des-every-team

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On draft night they need to give grades for the draft from 3 years ago. Grading them at the moment is basically saying "here's how the professional, 7-figure salary, experts did compared to what I, a writer on a blog, believe they should have done"

15. Like S.R., Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I will quickly insert my grade here. A+. Clearly the Raptors caught hold of the steal of the draft.

In five years the pundits will say that Bruno should have been the number 1 pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts. The most watched video of 2016 will be the highlight reel of Bruno stuffing the "Greek Freak" 4 consecutive times in a game late in February, 2016.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I will quickly insert my grade here. A+. Clearly the Raptors caught hold of the steal of the draft.

In five years the pundits will say that Bruno should have been the number 1 pick in the 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts. The most watched video of 2016 will be the highlight reel of Bruno stuffing the "Greek Freak" 4 consecutive times in a game late in February, 2016.
    I think you've all drank the Cool Aid and turned into Masai believers. Blind optimism. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call this strike 1.

To summarize: the 2014 NBA Draft does not make the Raptors any better for the 2014-2015 season. Does not make Lowry want to resign. Does not earn the Raptors much due respect in terms of credibility for future free agents. Perhaps we will all thank Masai in 5 years, but the Raps have a winning team NOW! They need pieces to become better and push into the playoffs, not vest all hope in a project.

The right course of action would have been to pick Napier and trade him to the heat for their 26th pick and the two other second round picks Charlotte obtained. Raps would have picked contributor at 26 and would have had 4! second round picks to pick up Bruno! Come on!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Season wrote: View Post
    I think you've all drank the Cool Aid and turned into Masai believers. Blind optimism. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call this strike 1.

To summarize: the 2014 NBA Draft does not make the Raptors any better for the 2014-2015 season. Does not make Lowry want to resign. Does not earn the Raptors much due respect in terms of credibility for future free agents. Perhaps we will all thank Masai in 5 years, but the Raps have a winning team NOW! They need pieces to become better and push into the playoffs, not vest all hope in a project.

The right course of action would have been to pick Napier and trade him to the heat for their 26th pick and the two other second round picks Charlotte obtained. Raps would have picked contributor at 26 and would have had 4! second round picks to pick up Bruno! Come on!
    Except for the theory that Bruno wouldn't have lasted into the 2nd round....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno wasn't going to make it to second round. Indications are that Utah would've taken him at 23. If not them, then PHX at 27. Then PHX could've had both players the Raps targeted and that would truly be a management fail, to let one team nab the prizes you want.

There isn't any player who'd for sure make this team better next year. The guys on most fans' lists were potentially role players, or high bust potential guys who could be more but could also be much less.

Teams do not have to grow on a linear trajectory. Is there any pick that would make Lowry more likely to stay in Toronto? We're talking the 20th pick here. There's no guy that a seasoned NBA vet will be like "thank god they drafted him, I'm definitely coming back. Just made my decision a lot easier".

I can understand not being thrilled with the pick, but your reaction is far too negative and far too related to thinking this team has to build on last year and be even better, and that every move has to show that. Growth was always going to be mostly dependent on internal factors. Can't forget we have Casey as a coach, and even a more "ready" player would not be expected to have an impact and would be lucky to get steady minutes as a rookie.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno would have been gone at 23 to Utah. That's been reported multiple places. San Antonio and Phoenix were also both heavily interested. He wouldn't have been there in the 2nd round.

You do realize the 26th pick was PJ Hairston. You think he would move the needle for the Raptors going deeper in the playoffs? You're not getting an immediate game changer at 20. Even if we got Ennis, he is a year or two away from being ready to run an NBA team.
    The second rounder Charlotte acquired was used on Josh Powell, again, someone who is not going to move the needle at all for the Raps.

So, taking your right course of action, we get Hairston, Powell, and a future Miami 2nd rounder instead of Bruno. I'm gonna take Bruno over that deal any day, even knowing as little as I do right now about him.

21. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Except for the theory that Bruno wouldn't have lasted into the 2nd round....
    Who cares about Bruno, we have a winner right now to build on! I cannot make an objective assessment of Bruno, due to limited intel, but I think Bruno could be a Jamario Moon type player at best. There were so many options available for insurance blankets in case Masai is unable to resign some of our players...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    There's no guy that a seasoned NBA vet will be like "thank god they drafted him, I'm definitely coming back. Just made my decision a lot easier".
    If we exclude Lebron and Napier, lol.

I wonder how big Chalmers feels right now.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information