F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Maybe they didn't have the balls to use #18 on such a prospect?

Maybe they figured Ujiri would make a lopsided deal for the hometown kid?

I'm not sure but I feel confident in those trains of thought.
    I think he choked. Threw away 2 out of our 3 picks to take a guy 17 spots of where he should have been taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great thing about it is we know exactly how good his eye for talent is. This is his guy

Comment

Phoenix has Sarver as an owner.. they're already screwed until he sells the team.

Yeah would have loved Ennis and when Phoenix selected him, I went WTF internally. I don't think Phoenix is going to use him. Maybe they consider Bledsoe a SG and wanted a backup for Dragic. Not sure.. maybe they went with BPA but if that's the case, why not part with him if another GM is trying to make a deal? A backup PG is not going to get much development in so his stock is going to be fairly low as an asset anyway.

Either way.. the Raptors don't need to steal Bledsoe (personally not a fan and think he's over hyped). MU might have to give up assets to find a PG but I do believe MU has a good eye for talent and will know who to trade for without breaking the bank (at least I hope he will).

Comment

Ya, I think I'm going to call bullshit on this. It's possible but I don't think it worked out like that. The Suns need another guard with the dual guard system they play and Ennis was BPA at the spot they picked. It was pretty much projected Ennis wasn't going to fall to us in the draft before the draft it ended up happening.

Also you have to consider that Dragic's contract is up next year (well technically a 7.5 million player option, he will probably opt out to get a bigger contract) and there is uncertainty around it. He will probably stay but they don't know. When you put it altogether it makes sense to take Ennis.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
            I think he choked. Threw away 2 out of our 3 picks to take a guy 17 spots of where he should have been taken

i agree with the skepticism but not your absolute knowledge. i really thought we were getting ennis and then with the memphis deal was excited for prince and capela. but i think the potential in bruno as a huge, fluid 3 beats capela. capela only started moving up mocks the past two weeks.

i didn't want napier. i wanted grant and he dropped big time. i don't think that means every gm after 20 who also didn't draft him are wrong.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Ya, I think I'm going to call bullshit on this. It's possible but I don't think it worked out like that. The Suns need another guard with the dual guard system they play and Ennis was BPA at the spot they picked. It was pretty much projected Ennis wasn't going to fall to us in the draft before the draft it ended up happening.

Also you have to consider that Dragic's contract is up next year (well technically a 7.5 million player option, he will probably opt out to get a bigger contract) and there is uncertainty around it. He will probably stay but they don't know. When you put it altogether it makes sense to take Ennis.
              That is very plausible as well.

Comment

Ennis and capoclo were the 2 guys that masai really wanted to get in this draft, with ennis leading their draft board. If gary harris slipped 1 more, raptors wouldve grabbed him too. The reason why raptors didnt pull the trigger on memphis trade is probably cause masai doesnt think there is anyone else that has enough upside for him to take that extra 6 mil he has got to pay prince this year. I feel like ennis could still be a raptor through a trade in the upcoming weeks, but dont bank on it

Comment

I guess they are unsure with what to do with bledsoe, harris to me seemed to be a much better fit for phoenix but maybe thats just me

Comment

i agree with you, especially that Ujiri made sure he didn't work out for anyone else

wasn't he super high on Po last year but then he started working out for teams and blew everyone away? i bet dollars to donuts MU saw the same kind of talent and didn't want it happening again.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ya, I think I'm going to call bullshit on this. It's possible but I don't think it worked out like that. The Suns need another guard with the dual guard system they play and Ennis was BPA at the spot they picked. It was pretty much projected Ennis wasn't going to fall to us in the draft before the draft it ended up happening..

In same boat as you R4L. Teams don't draft players to spite other teams or to mess with them. Its not high school. Its a business. Phoenix wanted Ennis and they took him.

Some other things to consider about Bruno vs other picks

- Exum's handlers chose a different path by hiding him and exposing him just enough during the workout schedules that he caught the planned for updraft. So he got seen and had the hype machine work to his advantage. Good for him and his future BUT who has he played against either ? No one really.
                      - Elfrid Payton wasn't on the radar until he caught the hype machine as well and rolled up the charts. His career has been played out against lesser competition as well. His highlight reel shows him taking advantage of less skilled athetes. Won't be ANY of those guys when he suits up for Orlando.

Folks tend to not like things they are not familiar with. Lets see what game this kid has in summer league.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        In same boat as you R4L. Teams don't draft players to spite other teams or to mess with them. Its not high school. Its a business. Phoenix wanted Ennis and they took him.
                        If Colangelo can sign Fields just to block the Knicks from signing Nash, the idea that Phoenix picked Ennis to leverage Toronto isn't so far fetched.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Some other things to consider about Bruno vs other picks

- Exum's handlers chose a different path by hiding him and exposing him just enough during the workout schedules that he caught the planned for updraft. So he got seen and had the hype machine work to his advantage. Good for him and his future BUT who has he played against either ? No one really.
                          - Elfrid Payton wasn't on the radar until he caught the hype machine as well and rolled up the charts. His career has been played out against lesser competition as well. His highlight reel shows him taking advantage of less skilled athetes. Won't be ANY of those guys when he suits up for Orlando.

Folks tend to not like things they are not familiar with. Lets see what game this kid has in summer league.
                          I still think phoneix is taking ennis as a bait. Harris makes so much more sense to them

Comment

Good counter to a great OP (Matt rules, yet again). What concerns me is if the Raps really wanted Ennis, then expecting him to fall to 20th was a pretty shaky strategy, at best. I mean, Ennis was ranked in the top 10 for a good part of the NCAA season, until Syracuse started losing a few games and then didn't do that well in the tourney.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              If Colangelo can sign Fields just to block the Knicks from signing Nash, the idea that Phoenix picked Ennis to leverage Toronto isn't so far fetched.
                              That was a horrible move that worked out for nobody. But yes ennis is very available i believe

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Good counter to a great OP (Matt rules, yet again). What concerns me is if the Raps really wanted Ennis, then expecting him to fall to 20th was a pretty shaky strategy, at best. I mean, Ennis was ranked in the top 10 for a good part of the NCAA season, until Syracuse started losing a few games and then didn't do that well in the tourney.
                                I dont think masai expected phoneix to take ennis when they have dragic and bledsoe already. Harris could start for them next season

Comment

Working...
                                X