Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Phoenix is my Western Conference team though...

2. Like BigCamB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Icarusdescending wrote: View Post
    "We wanted him all along". I call Bullshit. Enjoy missing the playoffs in the west Phoenix as all your players who had career years in 13-14 regress to their mean. You deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep.

Phoenix is in for a rude awakening, i think. They'll be lucky to get close to the 8th seed again with their team.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

when Phoenix picked Ennis my reaction was.... "You bastards!.....you bastards!"

F*** Phoenix!

I really really like this Bruno kid though..... i couldn't stop smiling after watching some videos of him after he was picked.

In Masai we trust! Way to swing for the fences! How can you not be happy with this pick? This guy's got length, wingspan, shooting ability, the youngest in the draft....man....I can see why our scouts and Masai didn't want to lose him.

Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than picking ennis to spite us or whatever, I think they picked him because Dragic is UFA next year and they're either planning on trading him by the deadline or to have a contingency in case he signs elsewhere/ is expensive (which he will be coming off 3rd team All-NBA)
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ya, I think I'm going to call bullshit on this. It's possible but I don't think it worked out like that. The Suns need another guard with the dual guard system they play and Ennis was BPA at the spot they picked. It was pretty much projected Ennis wasn't going to fall to us in the draft before the draft it ended up happening.

Also you have to consider that Dragic's contract is up next year (well technically a 7.5 million player option, he will probably opt out to get a bigger contract) and there is uncertainty around it. He will probably stay but they don't know. When you put it altogether it makes sense to take Ennis.
    Just saw this. Agree with the last part. Or even, since they ARE the Suns and are all about maximizing asset value, will probably trade Dragic for a rising star and multiples picks come the trade deadline.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

7. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Rather than picking ennis to spite us or whatever, I think they picked him because Dragic is UFA next year and they're either planning on trading him by the deadline or to have a contingency in case he signs elsewhere/ is expensive (which he will be coming off 3rd team All-NBA)
    Once again this is an inferior choice to Harris who was available and who is much more of a scorer similar to Dragic and Bledsoe and a higher pick (I.e. Higher value) in most mock drafts.

Go to the suns fans websites such as bright side of the sun and they say the same things, not impressed at all with their teams pick of ennis.

"The Suns needed another point guard as insurance if Eric Bledsoe signs elsewhere or gets hurt again next season, but Tyler Ennis is a confusing choice in that role for me."

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/20...gdanovic-brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible Phoenix wanted 20 and 22 from us for Ennis. Knowing we really wanted him and the 22 pick was available to us, they could've been trying to acquire extra pics. Although they had four lol Or maybe they did want next years pick. It's also a possibility they think they won;t be able to retain Bledsoe for a fair deal, so they are already planning to let him go.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great read and I can see it going down like this maybe there still a way we get ennis
    Rapsfan

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this talk, is Masai a GM that wants to create his own destiny instead of reacting to the environment around him and being a sheep? Man, it's been a while since a Toronto front office guy thinks and believes as an alpha-dog and pimp-slaps any opposition moves and offer that he can see through...hope the Suns get a little just dessert and Bruno turns into a Batum.

12. Like MACK11 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Phoenix is my Western Conference team though...
    Me too, they're too fun. I'm sorry, but I just can't hate them!

14. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Me too, they're too fun. I'm sorry, but I just can't hate them!
    Yeah, always liked that team since the Nash era started in 04-05.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, apprently Kabongo is playing on the raps summer league team. It was on hoopshype or something like that.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    Well, apprently Kabongo is playing on the raps summer league team. It was on hoopshype or something like that.
    anyone know how he did last year or watch him?
    For The Win

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I also hate how people are saying we should've just traded down. So many issues with that baseless assumption.

1.) Trade down might not have even been available, maybe nobody wanted to trade up to 20.
    2.) Bruno may not have been available later on, for all we know the Thunder were gonna take him at 21

People need to stop thinking they're smarter than NBA GMs. Especially when we have access to like 1/10000th the info they do. Don't think any of us were in the war room?
    I think it's fair to be disappointed that Masai didn't come away with more from the draft, or better value for the pick position, because Masai himself was disappointed. You could totally see it in his voice and body language at the post draft press conference. In his own words, he was trying really hard to move up and down to get both Ennis and Bruno at the right draft slots, but he couldn't get a deal done. So, if MU is disappointed in his results, then I don't see why fans can't have the same opinion. That said, I'm still excited about the 'potential' of the Bruno pick and give MU full marks for taking the risk.

19. Like Bendit, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously f*** Phoenix. They have 18 players on their roster.

Why Ennis when they have got Dragic, Barbosa, Smith and Bledsoe (on qualifying offer) and why TJ Warren and Bogdanovic when they have Green, Tucker, Christmas, Goodwin, Morris brothers. IMO they needed bigger guys. Emekka is a free agent and Frye is opting out. They are left behind with Plumlee and Randolph and a crap player like Len who could be sent to d-league. Had they drafted, Payne, Capella, and Tavares it would have helped their team and other teams
    Last edited by rapba; Sun Jun 29th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

21. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Quote rapba wrote: View Post
    Seriously f*** Phoenix. They have 18 players on their roster.

Why Ennis when they have got Dragic, Barbosa, Smith and Bledsoe (on qualifying offer) and why TJ Warren and Bogdanovic when they have Green, Tucker, Christmas, Goodwin, Morris brothers. IMO they needed bigger guys. Emekka is a free agent and Frye is opting out. They are left behind with Plumlee and Randolph and a crap player like Len who could be sent to d-league. Had they drafted, Payne, Capella, and Tavares it would have helped their team and other teams
    I agree that they could've drafted bigger guys. But they're smart to have taken BPA and stockpiling their assets for a future harden-like trade.

That and I don't really think they're in the business of helping other teams, ya feel?

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that they could've drafted bigger guys. But they're smart to have taken BPA and stockpiling their assets for a future harden-like trade.

That and I don't really think they're in the business of helping other teams, ya feel?
    Unless they are going for an all-in deal for Love with those duplicated wing positions with Minny having no wings....

Talk to LBJ, say that they are bringing in Love, sign LBJ for the max that he wants since they have a solid team with no high cap guys.

Bledsoe-Dragic-LBJ-Love-Plumlee

They will also have depth, depending on how much they send for Love...not a bad move if plausible

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Their team almost got into playoffs so the need of hour should be continuing to build roster by adding one or two veteran pieces or adding draft pieces i.e. bigs. Clearly they have not done that or thinking to do that. With news coming in they are going after LeBron and Melo i would say Suns GM is trying to do too much. In these kind of situations you could either sign them as free agents to increase your roster and fall into luxury tax or you could do a sign and trade deal with Miami and New York which will most likely take away promising young talent.

Teams shouldn't waste their money on Harden. He is a ball hog and plays no defence. OKC was the right team for him and there he was their 6th man of the year

Spurs won NBA title and they proved they can defeat big 3s. I guess no team wants to look at their model seriously. Its a well balanced team and a guy like Ginobli was coming off the bench.
    Last edited by rapba; Sun Jun 29th, 2014 at 05:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapba wrote: View Post
    Their team almost got into playoffs so the need of hour should be continuing to build roster by adding one or two veteran pieces or adding draft pieces i.e. bigs. Clearly they have not done that or thinking to do that. With news coming in they are going after LeBron and Melo i would say Suns GM is trying to do too much. In these kind of situations you could either sign them as free agents to increase your roster and fall into luxury tax or you could do a sign and trade deal with Miami and New York which will most likely take away promising young talent.

Teams shouldn't waste their money on Harden. He is a ball hog and plays no defence. OKC was the right team for him and there he was their 6th man of the year

Spurs won NBA title and they proved they can defeat big 3s. I guess no team wants to look at their model seriously. Its a well balanced team and a guy like Ginobli was coming off the bench.
    Clearly you should be their GM and not their current dude. He only came in the top 3 voting for executive of the year.

Not necessarily that they should get harden, but I'm saying a harden-like trade, where Houston stockpiled assets and turned their lesser assets into a star.

I also don't understand why all the teams don't just replicate the spurs model. All you need is a hall of fame coach, great front office, hof pg and all time great big man, plus bench players playing out of their minds. Easy peasy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information