The GF theory to Drafting at 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    The key factor in successful dating is not getting the date but KEEPING THE DATE/girl
    In fact, there is no such thing as girl with the best potential, its whether the girl is lazy or not. Same goes with appearance. There is no such thing as ugly girl, only lazy ones exist (not literally but you get the idea)

Now, Raptors/Masai worked hard to draft Bruno (and risked a lot), and Raptors must keep working hard on him. How Raptors develop Bruno will serve a significant factor on whether Raptors pick turns out to be a great one.
    I sincerely hope Salmons will be gone so coach Casey won't play him over Bruno
    Again I think it is the same. Toronto has struggled "keeping" the star players and there is at least the notion that we have trouble attracting free agents. After you get a "gem" you gotta make sure it doesn't peace out. I also am glad that we didn't trade up... like what is the point in trading up if we can just pick. Why trade for the sake of trading especially if it doesn't have any benefit. I dont see the point in trading with the heat to get anything. Bottom line is we made a ballsy but a potentially good move. I for one believe in Masai.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      21 and hot.... just never had a boyfriend for the record...so you could imagine what thats like...dont need to explain all the details cause i want to keep it to raptors but ...basically (same with basketball) sometimes prospects go unnoticed and its not the worst thing.... and its just like any other prospect at that level... but you see the potential more....
      So Bruno is the studyhall girl that puts her nose to the books and wears glasses and then one day she lets her hair down and everybody's like "Whoooooaaaaa!" and then Freddie Prinze Jr realizes he's made a terrible mistake....

"She's All That 2: Masai's Revenge"

Comment

This kid is gonna be a gem.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Where's ScarJo when I need her lol, but seriously, it's because the danger is he totally sucks.

I'm optimistic but it's not like, you put some work in and he's guaranteed to be good right?

Plus it's like, well if you blow this shot, it might seriously affect how the team pans out, and our next shot to be as good as we could have been might be 5 years down the road. Now I'd imagine that's not the case, but that's the idea. The NBA is a competition and you have to be the best, and sometimes one mistake can be the difference between being the best and being average.

There's no danger at all. He isn't expected to contribute this year anyways. If he doesn't pan out, we have next years draft to fill our system with another unproven draftee. Raptors fans are not used to drafting for reasons other than trying to establish a core. We have our core. This takes all the pressure off of hitting home runs every draft. Especially now when our core is so young, you can take chances like this.
          Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I usually keep my comments to commenting on the articles, rather than the forums. But I gotta say this is one of the strangest threads I've read here recently. It's like we're filling the void of knowledge about Bruno by making up crazy analogies.
            Edit: Btw, I'm on the Bruno Bandwagon from jump (why not?), but would rather not think of him as a 16-year old girl.

Comment

I think Bruno C. is pretty much like a newly arriving exchange student chick that is totally ignored in the class and just shies away from attention and hardly speaks English. She wears these baggy pants and sweaters that were not revealing at all. While this Landry-GF (picture E. Alden, per. other draft pics) smoking hot broad is garnering attention from the entire class (okay some other chicks are at it to her too) and even the teacher is OBVIOUSLY macking her, the foreign chick actually tries to ask questions to the teacher relating to he subject, but is struggling to put the words together to form the direct question. Now you (tutor-English Speaking Guy, per. Masai) actually can understand that she is asking important questions, and witness the teacher doing a piss-poor job helping (while eyeing up the Landry-GF type), so you make it a mission to help out foreign chick after school. Other guy-tutors reject her and go for the "safer" picks or hot legs, but you know she's trying her best to learn out of everyone. You know it might take months for her to form the right comprehension of English, but you might of found a way to make her interpret all her home work problems and she starts beating out all the IVY League graduates, despite still not saying her English properly. Foreign girl appreciates your tutoring with her own foreign loving on your Thunder-Cats marked single bed, and way better loving than the last GF that was taken away by some suave-douche from Arizona.

All in all, I think Masai is putting as much responsibility on the organization and himself to develop and teach talent on the Raptors. Too long he have GMs not really picking the wrong guy per say, but not doing enough (anything at all) to teach and discipline draft picks to play the game according to the GM's and coach's plan. We were frustrated with the Hayes over JV, but I know Masai is agreeing with Casey's moves for a more true and deeper cause. So with Bruno and Bebe, I'm expecting to see plenty of early benching to those two because they are going to be showing proper discipline to the players.

Comment

How the hell did drafting of Bruno turn into a thread about pretty girls!?

Comment

dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                  How the hell did drafting of Bruno turn into a thread about pretty girls!?
                  Good question. But all this talk about hot chicks & exchange students is getting me horny and wife is in Florida.
                  Fuck.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                    Good question. But all this talk about hot chicks & exchange students is getting me horny and wife is in Florida.
                    Fuck.
                    How does it not?

Comment

Working...
                    X