Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Were they trying to reach the floor for spending?
    I made this post in another thread but in a nutshell, yes, and acquiring trade pieces too is my guess:

There is a salary floor in the NBA that all teams must pay one way or another (either to players or the difference to the players on the team).

Orlando is reaching the floor.

My guess they are accumulating tradeable assets. Orlando faces same type of difficulties in free agency as many other small market teams.

Obviously there is a market for stretch 4 in the league.

There has been rumours about GSW sending Lee to Orlando, Kerr has said he wants a stretch 4, GSW reportedly interested in Frye but could only offer MLE, Orlando reportedly really wanted Barnes (afflalo and first declined).
    Connecting a few dots and we could see a trade after December 15th.

But this is pure speculation obviously.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

2. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I made this post in another thread but in a nutshell, yes, and acquiring trade pieces too is my guess:

There is a salary floor in the NBA that all teams must pay one way or another (either to players or the difference to the players on the team).

Orlando is reaching the floor.

My guess they are accumulating tradeable assets. Orlando faces same type of difficulties in free agency as many other small market teams.

Obviously there is a market for stretch 4 in the league.

There has been rumours about GSW sending Lee to Orlando, Kerr has said he wants a stretch 4, GSW reportedly interested in Frye but could only offer MLE, Orlando reportedly really wanted Barnes (afflalo and first declined).
    Connecting a few dots and we could see a trade after December 15th.

But this is pure speculation obviously.
    Now they want Barnes? How many SF/PF do they need? Honestly send them Fields they're starting some weird collection of wing players anyway.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What's taking the Vasquez deal so long?

It's concerning me a little bit that last week we were hearing news that Vasquez is also close to agreeing on a new contract. Haven't heard anything about it recently so I wonder if there are any issues with the deal? I'm wondering if Vasquez is asking for the same amount as Patterson and MU is offering around the $4.5 range. Maybe nothing to worry about, but just eager to hear any kind of good news. Any news, guys? thoughts? Could the trade for Lou Williams be making him uncomfortable that now someone is competing with him for playing time?

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According to Wolstat from Sun, Vasquez and his agent are awaiting to see what kind of deal the Kings Isaiah Thomas gets before they make any commitment to the Raptors. So who knows, but I expect to hear something within the next couple days at least.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe raptors are working on a S & T for parsons chandler for G V, so they can sign Bosh for 4/80.

Post Thanks / Like

There are also rumours from some Venezuelan publication that he accepted the Raptors $3 million dollar qualifying offer and that he'll test the market as an UFA next summer. I personally think its BS because I haven't seen the source itself. It just appears to be talked about on Twitter at the moment. :|

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    There are also rumours from some Venezuelan publication that he accepted the Raptors $3 million dollar qualifying offer and that he'll test the market as an UFA next summer. I personally think its BS because I haven't seen the source itself. It just appears to be talked about on Twitter at the moment. :|
    Wolstat tweeted just couple hours ago that he saw this Venezuelen publication and he says that Greivis hasn't accepted qualifying offer, but there's multi-year contract on table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Wolstat tweeted just couple hours ago that he saw this Venezuelen publication and he says that Greivis hasn't accepted qualifying offer, but there's multi-year contract on table.
    Ya, I saw that but I think it was Hoops Hype Canada which said he DID accept the qualifying offer. I think its all fluff and Hoops Hype is just looking for some hits and site traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read that the big names--Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Chris Bosh--are holding up free agent action around the league. Specifically, Vasquez is having trouble gauging his probable worth in the market when so many teams are hanging fire. Ironically, the Miami Heat is not one of them, having just added Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger to create an improved lineup to support LeBron. It looks like this is a preemptive move on the part of Pat Riley, since Bosh may end up taking Houston's max offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    t looks like this is a preemptive move on the part of Pat Riley, since Bosh may end up taking Houston's max offer.
    Which I still find ridiculous. Kudos to Bosh, but come'on, dude isn't worth $96 million over 4 years. That's a ton of flow for a supporting cast player.

12. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a couple big dominoes that need to fall - LBJ, Melo, Bosh, Gasol, Deng, etc. - before some teams will turn their attention to the peripheral pieces to fill out their roster. It's possible that GV is waiting for that to happen to see if a starting spot and/or more money may develop with another team.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which I still find ridiculous. Kudos to Bosh, but come'on, dude isn't worth $96 million over 4 years. That's a ton of flow for a supporting cast player.
    Bosh would be stupid not to take that deal

....then we will all watch as Morey tries to grease his way out of another one of his stupid contracts next season

I wonder how long Morey's "genius" turns sour with how he has handled a lot players

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I saw that but I think it was Hoops Hype Canada which said he DID accept the qualifying offer. I think its all fluff and Hoops Hype is just looking for some hits and site traffic.
    It is almost certainly fluff, since he doesn't have a 3M QO, he has a 4M QO. If they got that wrong, they probably aren't privy to the current status of his negotiations.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    It is almost certainly fluff, since he doesn't have a 3M QO, he has a 4M QO. If they got that wrong, they probably aren't privy to the current status of his negotiations.
    I thought it was about 3.2M....I also thought that there was a tidbit that Vasquez was ok with that or around that, and that the number 3.7M was floated in that little snippet.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe we can go over the cap to re-sign a RFA, so maybe Vasquez is waiting on Masai to sign another FA to aid the team... then we sign GV
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he's just waiting on the free agency fallback from all the teams that miss out on the big names left with a ton of money to shop around which should result in higher offers and/or better terms...also Avery Bradley somewhat set a market value with his 4yr/$32mil contract.. that $8mil/yr probably got him wanting at least the same contract as Patterson. He's got nothing to lose by waiting it out...he's the best PG left on the market behind Bledsoe, Isiah & Jameer Nelson.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Let GV walk for 3/18, you can sign Ramon Sessions, and let GV look for a job back in Sacromento, he will enjoy playing there again. Oh his tax rate there will be 5 to 7% higher than Canada. But greed is good until it is not so good

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Let GV walk for 3/18, you can sign Ramon Sessions, and let GV look for a job back in Sacromento, he will enjoy playing there again. Oh his tax rate there will be 5 to 7% higher than Canada. But greed is good until it is not so good

I have heard that Sessions' name is linked heavily to Chicago, amongst others. I would go for him as well because Chicago should really be looking to retain Hinrich and Augustin.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What I've read Toronto has offer on the Table,but GVZ is waiting till other players sign,c if he can get more money,it's all good.
    However he should be careful,raptors won't wait for long and his very replaceable. 2 be honest if he does leave,I won't shed a tear,there are plenty of other good back up pg available.
    Check the pg free agent list.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/point_guards_2014.htm

P.S

It's not like his gonna get the minutes like last year,T Ross will be getting those minutes..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    What I've read Toronto has offer on the Table,but GVZ is waiting till other players sign,c if he can get more money,it's all good.
    However he should be careful,raptors won't wait for long and his very replaceable. 2 be honest if he does leave,I won't shed a tear,there are plenty of other good back up pg available.
    Check the pg free agent list.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/point_guards_2014.htm

P.S

It's not like his gonna get the minutes like last year,T Ross will be getting those minutes..
    actually that list doesn't look very appealing...Bledoes/Isiah are Starters and Nelson is linked to Mia or contenders....Vasquez is the best backup PG available hands down...there is a big drop off in talent behind him...I would really like to retain him especially since we have the right to match but looking at this list IF he were to walk...Brian Roberts is probably who I like to see added.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information