Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Damn, Damn, Damn, When you have that HUGE VOID in SF , while you have Lou Williams and when you have a void in the back up C, then you go and destroy your CAP on a player like G.V.

Damn, Damn, Damn ... This will come back and bite us during the season.
    What Void? BRUNO!
    In Masai we Trust.

2. Like 007 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I think Vasquez contract is pretty good. He's paid a lot, but Im sure he will prove he is worth the money. Plus it ends in 2016. 100% sure its all strategy to try and get KD north of the border. Vasquez prefered more over a short period than less over 3-4 years cuz he wants his good friend durant to join him and he will help the organization getting him.
    This is what I keep reading but why does having gv expire in 2016 help get kd here? Wouldn't it make more sense to have him under contract here to sell this place? Otherwise they can just sign together anywhere else. I'm sure I am missing something because so many people are mentioning it but I don't see it.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an awful deal and I can not believe some people here are defending it and think it is still a good deal Well, I guess people don't change.

I gave MU credit for his last two signing of this off season BUT this one is an awful over pay by almost 45% of what he is really worth which is 4.5 million.

The funny part of it all is G.V. tweet: " I truly love Toronto" loooool, sure Pal, can you be any more dishonest and fake !!!
    Lol I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, what with people kept giving you a hard time ...

But man, you make it difficult ...
    In Masai we Trust.

5. Like Puffer liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    What Void? BRUNO!
    You think Bruno will play SF this season

Post Thanks / Like

You think Bruno will play SF this season
    Absolutely. What other position would he play? At 205lbs he's not playing PF.
    In Masai we Trust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, what with people kept giving you a hard time ...

But man, you make it difficult ...
    I was told by other moderators to not reply to these sort of personal posts ... So stick to the policies of your site and don't try to make it a personal thing.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by other moderators to not reply to these sort of personal posts ... So stick to the policies of your site and don't try to make it a personal thing.

Thanks
    Just trying to give you some pointers is all. Moderating.

You're Very Welcome.
    In Masai we Trust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

He is not ready for NBA this season and we will be lucky if we can even get 10 minutes a game from him. However, lets see who is right. Summer league will give us a tiny inside on how ready.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he means, you think Bruno will play this season?

He might be the next coming of Magic Johnson but it's unrealistic to think he'd play any significant minutes this season.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume MU could have paid little less for GV IF HE WANTED TO OFFER HIM A LONGER CONTRACT

Post Thanks / Like

It's a slight overpayment, and we now have a lot of money tied up in PG's, but you can't deny how well he played for us and at the end of the day even if you signed him for $5M a year where was that extra mil going to go?

If anything maybe this'll mean we won't get Vince back and I can continue to be a fan

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the original deal that was rumoured that MU's offered G.V ?

3 Years and 14 million ??

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

GV's contract is an overpay, plain and simple, and harkens back to Masai's only demonstrated flaw as a GM: a willingness to overpay his personal favorites (see McGee, Javale). It being two years long doesn't make it not an overpay. It's just an overpay of shorter duration.

It's not terrible, but let's put it this way: Jeremy Lin is arguably a better backup PG than Greivis is. We could have had one year of Jeremy Lin from Houston for free and possibly even gotten a draft pick in the bargain as our price for taking on his salary for a year, and then have even more expiring money next year. Is bringing back GV for two years on an overpay worth it compared to that? Well, the chemistry value had better match up, that's all I'll say.

16. Like Jamshid liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If they use the MLE, I hope it's on a 1 year contract. Butler, Marvin Williams, Aminu, Jordan Hamiton,

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at our salaries,

We only have Lowry, Bruno, and Bebe (if they play here) under contract for 2016/2017?

That's a lot of cap room.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I think Vasquez contract is pretty good. He's paid a lot, but Im sure he will prove he is worth the money. Plus it ends in 2016. 100% sure its all strategy to try and get KD north of the border. Vasquez prefered more over a short period than less over 3-4 years cuz he wants his good friend durant to join him and he will help the organization getting him.
    Expect that at that time he will be under no obligation and have no affiliation with Toronto. So why would be recruit KD to a team where he might not even be playing?
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    GV's contract is an overpay, plain and simple, and harkens back to Masai's only demonstrated flaw as a GM: a willingness to overpay his personal favorites (see McGee, Javale). It being two years long doesn't make it not an overpay. It's just an overpay of shorter duration.

It's not terrible, but let's put it this way: Jeremy Lin is arguably a better backup PG than Greivis is. We could have had one year of Jeremy Lin from Houston for free and possibly even gotten a draft pick in the bargain as our price for taking on his salary for a year, and then have even more expiring money next year. Is bringing back GV for two years on an overpay worth it compared to that? Well, the chemistry value had better match up, that's all I'll say.
    Jeremy Lin costs the cap the same price but he costs MLSE $15M. That's why it's so hard to trade Lin.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a 2-Year deal.

Sure, it's a little higher than some liked, but what's the big deal? He's an expiring after next season. He plays 6th Man for us, not quite backup PG. He does a bit of everything, and he's been pretty clutch when we need him to be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the rumoured contract which was reported here before ?? I can not find it anymore. Was it 3 years at 12 or was it 3 year 14 ??

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    Looked at our salaries,

We only have Lowry, Bruno, and Bebe (if they play here) under contract for 2016/2017?

That's a lot of cap room.
    And Patterson. And JV and Ross will likely be extended before that summer. We'll also have three more draft picks signed (2015 and 2 in 2016).

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information