Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to play Brooklyn next season haha

Let Joe Johnson try and post up James Johnson hahhaha

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A big wing, superb defender, coming off his best season ever where he played the exact role he'll be asked to play here. At only $2.5M per season for 2 years, I am loving this deal.

Forget Per 36, let's just look at Per game since I think the minutes are exactly what we'll be giving him.

18 minutes, 7.4 pts, 3.2 reb, 2.1 ast, 0.8 stl, 1.1 blk, .552 TS%, 101 DRtg, .150 WS/48, 18.5 PER

That my friends is a well above average bench player on a great contract. For comparison, let's look at another defensive wing who just got signed in Thefalosha. (3 year $12M contract, $4M per year).

26 minutes, 6.3 pts, 3.6 reb, 1.5 ast, 1.3 stl, 0.3 blk, .517 TS%, 104 DRtg, .092 WS/48, 10.4 PER

James Johnson was better across the board with less minutes. Anyone saying it's a bad deal, I challenge you to look at the signings this offseason and point out one which makes this look like a bad deal (looking at you Jamshid). If all you can talk about is multiple year ago attitude problems while playing for the most shitty frustrating version of the Raptors ever, then your argument is not very strong. I had attitude problems just from watching that team, can't imagine having to play for them.

3. Like Puffer, imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    He's gonna do the same thing regardless of whether he's playing SG/SF, they're interchangeable. He'll be spotting up for 3s and guarding the best wing on the floor...
    Offensively, want Ross to be a guard. Running PnR and helping Lowry on double teams. DD should get the ball at the end of possessions if Lowry/Ross can't feed Amir or JV.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    KJ McDanials. Taking Bruno is looking better.
    McDaniels is 6'6

JJ is 6'9 250lbs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    McDaniels is 6'6

JJ is 6'9 250lbs
    JJ also costs only slightly more than KJ's rookie deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sad about his dumping to Sactown, but if his head is on straight this could be a GREAT signing for both the short and long term. Short term, he fills a need for that big SF stopper off the bench. Long term, by filling that need for 2 years, pressure is off Bruno, and even Daniels, to develop into that overnight.

As for the concerns/worries, ya gotta believe Masai has done his homework on the guy. From a chemistry standpoint, most importantly, MU has talked to Casey, DeMar, and Amir, who all have direct experience with him during his first stint here. Gotta believe MU knows what he's doing: young vet who fits in perfectly age wise, and is a low risk, high reward asset.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote chico wrote: View Post
    I wasn't sad about his dumping to Sactown, but if his head is on straight this could be a GREAT signing for both the short and long term. Short term, he fills a need for that big SF stopper off the bench. Long term, by filling that need for 2 years, pressure is off Bruno, and even Daniels, to develop into that overnight.

As for the concerns/worries, ya gotta believe Masai has done his homework on the guy. From a chemistry standpoint, most importantly, MU has talked to Casey, DeMar, and Amir, who all have direct experience with him during his first stint here. Gotta believe MU knows what he's doing: young vet who fits in perfectly age wise, and is a low risk, high reward asset.
    Plus he knows where to score the best weed in T.O

Post Thanks / Like

This is what happened when James Johnson signed the contract:

"F*CK BROOKLYN!"

Joe Johnson going to have a little harder ride this season.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Coast 2 Coast!

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont know if this has been posted in the thread....but have read of after-article posts. Except for the last each was most positive. He was a crowd pleaser in Memphis.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...D=happeningnow

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I can't wait to play Brooklyn next season haha

Let Joe Johnson try and post up James Johnson hahhaha
    The $2.5M Johnson shutting down the $20M Johnson...that would be beautiful indeed!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The $2.5M Johnson shutting down the $20M Johnson...that would be beautiful indeed!!!!
    Next time he tries to drive against us, his head gets round house kicked off.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for Leo Rautins: "What people don't realize is this guy has sneaky athleticism. You think he's not there, then he comes outta nowhere Ö"

I'm sure people remember this line

15. Like CashGameND liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Dont know if this has been posted in the thread....but have read of after-article posts. Except for the last each was most positive. He was a crowd pleaser in Memphis.

Such positive comments. I'm excited

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Such positive comments. I'm excited
    Everyone loves stoners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post

They love rough and tumble.

ZBo is a legend there too.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the signing.

If he can buy into the culture, the, this is your last chance, or you're likely out of hte league, so smarten up culture that Masai/DC seem to like instilling into the somewhat "Troubled" players that we pick up, and he sticks to his strengths, which is Defence and some short jumpers, he's going to be great for us off the bench.

Our bench is looking real strong now, I think we still need a backup C, like Okafor, or hell, even Blatche, and that's a hell of a lot of fire-power off the bench.

Defence isn't as great as I'd like it, but against the 2nd unit, you might be ok.

Vasquez
    Williams
    JJ
    2Pat
    Blatche/Okafor

Okafor would make it more balanced, having a rim protector on the court, helps mask Vasquez/Williams shortcomings.

But, having a big that can score, would also be really nice too. We would still have Hayes for situations, if all we need is Defence.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Tbh I don't think the Nets are going to make the playoffs next year if Pierce leaves (which is possible).

LeBron's team (Cavs or Heat)
    Raps
    Wizards
    Bulls
    Hawks
    Pacers
    Knicks (if re-sign Melo and get Pau as rumored)
    Hornets

are all better imo.

Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chico wrote: View Post

Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes have direct experience with him too from their time in Sac-Town.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post
    I like the signing.

If he can buy into the culture, the, this is your last chance, or you're likely out of hte league, so smarten up culture that Masai/DC seem to like instilling into the somewhat "Troubled" players that we pick up, and he sticks to his strengths, which is Defence and some short jumpers, he's going to be great for us off the bench.

Our bench is looking real strong now, I think we still need a backup C, like Okafor, or hell, even Blatche, and that's a hell of a lot of fire-power off the bench.

Defence isn't as great as I'd like it, but against the 2nd unit, you might be ok.

Vasquez
    Williams
    JJ
    2Pat
    Blatche/Okafor

Okafor would make it more balanced, having a rim protector on the court, helps mask Vasquez/Williams shortcomings.

But, having a big that can score, would also be really nice too. We would still have Hayes for situations, if all we need is Defence.
    I'm thinking the final roster spot will go to one of the summer league guys.

Either a PG in Buycks, Kabongo or Machado.

Or a big in Whiteside.

We already have 3 players who only play center in JV, Bebe, and Hayes. Plus 2 guys who can play minutes at center in Amir and Tyler.
    We only have 1 player that exclusively plays PG in Lowry, and then 2 combo guards in GV and Williams.

Makes me think we'll give the last roster spot to one of the summer league PG's.

23. Like Puffer liked this post
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information