• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Rob Ford,

Please stay away from Edgar!

Thanks

Comment

• Ewww wtf mods shut this thread down lol
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Jermaine O'Neal

With one roster spot left for the Raptors, I think we should throw the full MLE on Jermaine O'Neal as opposed to Vince Carter or Anthony Morrow. Then we can flip one of Fields and Hayes in middle of the season or before Feb Deadline for expiring + pick. Jermaine O'Neal may have 1-2 years left in his tank and would provide much needed defense as our backup C behind Valanciunas. Question is would he want to play for the Raptors once again, ask James Johnson.

Our Lineup looks solid with
        Lowry/Vazquez/Bycks?
        DeRozan/Lou Will/Fields
        Ross/JJ/
        Amir/2Pat/Hansborough
        Val/O'neal/Hayes/Bebe

Our bench is very deep compare to any other team.

Comment

• Jermaine O'Neal is injury prone. When are people going to realize this? He's not bad when healthy, but you can't bank on that at all.

Comment

• Edgar wrote: View Post

I want to expose the irrational hate for Johnny Fish... The only negatives he brought last year were his occasional ill-advised mid-range jumpers and his somewhat onerous contract. The positives were a good average defender, a steady ball handler and a consummate professional locker-room veteran who said the right things (see playoff post-season interviews).

A hugely under-appreciated player in the NBA is one that has the skill to be a fringe-rotational player but accepts a lesser role and salary while still contributing positively to team chemistry. Guys like Dwight Buycks, Bazemore, Sacre, Sean Marks, Collins Twins, Jamaal Magloire, etc are important particularly on young teams. The fact that any athlete can make it to the ultra-competitive NBA and not play game-to-game while not being a locker-room negative (never mind positive!) is an impressive and largely under-appreciated personal quality.

While a different positional need may ultimately trump this idea - don't sleep on Salmons who will surely get another NBA contract.
            You do know that, statistically speaking, he was one of the worst players in the league least season (and actually the worst to have taken at least 300 shots) and actually the WORST player in the league during the playoffs?

You can say the level of hate for the guy is too high...but you can't say its unwarranted when the eye test matches the statistical evidence.

So no, much like myself, the Raptors are allergic to fish which means they have to stay away from fish of any kind....but especially Salmons.
            Last edited by Just Is; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 12:27 PM.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Also we only have 2 million to spend...also there is a Raptors Free Agency thread...also no
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Did John Salmons actually get waived? Salmons was supposed to be waived on June 30th but Atlanta got approval from the league to move that date to July 10th. Well today is July 11th.

If I got to NBA.com's list of transactions from yesterday I don't see anything regarding John Salmons.

Danny Ferry isn't that dumb is he?

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  With one roster spot left for the Raptors, I think we should throw the full MLE on Jermaine O'Neal as opposed to Vince Carter or Anthony Morrow. Then we can flip one of Fields and Hayes in middle of the season or before Feb Deadline for expiring + pick. Jermaine O'Neal may have 1-2 years left in his tank and would provide much needed defense as our backup C behind Valanciunas. Question is would he want to play for the Raptors once again, ask James Johnson.

Our Lineup looks solid with
                  Lowry/Vazquez/Bycks?
                  DeRozan/Lou Will/Fields
                  Ross/JJ/
                  Amir/2Pat/Hansborough
                  Val/O'neal/Hayes/Bebe

Our bench is very deep compare to any other team.
                  Any GM who gives Jermaine O'Neal the full mid-level should be fired on the spot. He's basically been a minimum salary guy the last two years and he does not deserve a raise.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Did John Salmons actually get waived? Salmons was supposed to be waived on June 30th but Atlanta got approval from the league to move that date to July 10th. Well today is July 11th.

If I got to NBA.com's list of transactions from yesterday I don't see anything regarding John Salmons.

Danny Ferry isn't that dumb is he?
                    theScore app has reported he has been waived.

Comment

• I'd like to think we're done for free agents.

We have 14 players and $2M in cap space, since Bebe will be joining the roster (that's why the Hawks traded us to him, because he wanted to come to the NBA this year).

We want to keep one spot free in case somebody impresses us in summer camp. Probably a third point guard?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        theScore app has reported he has been waived.
                        RealGM mentions it as well:
                        http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...e-John-Salmons

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Don't get me wrong.

I want no part of Salmons.

However he was traded on June 30.

NBA clock resets on July 1st.

I thought he could be resigned?
                          Right you are. Forgot the deal went through in June.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wasn't it game two in the playoffs where john salmons messed up an inbounds play and almost cost us the game... he did that a few times actually during the season. Like I like the guy's personality but he appears to be asleep sometimes and average basketball IQ at this stage of his career. Not terrible but some of the mistakes he makes are mistakes you don't expect someone with his experience to be making.

Comment

• I really don't have anything against John Salmons at all. I just have something against Casey for playing him too much.

Comment

• hi guys,
                                this is my first post and i was wondering has Amir Johnson's team option been picked up?

Comment

Working...
                                X