No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay im sold. Im on the PJ Tucker bandwagon but, I feel alot of you will fall off if he starts playing over Terrence Ross.

26. P.J. Tucker | SF | RFA

Tucker
    2013-14 Team: Phoenix Suns
    2013-14 Salary: $884,293
    Suggested AAV: $4 million/year, three years, non-guaranteed third year

Tucker emerged as a high-level defensive wing, and the addition of a reliable corner 3-point shot makes him more valuable. His restricted free agency coupled with Phoenix's grand free-agency plans means he'll be an easier target to extract with a competitive enough offer. At the same time, his advanced age necessitates not getting attached to a long-term deal.

Every team team needs that crazy guy
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 11:25 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Tucker has really good advanced stats too

Comment

• Tucker would be an awesome get for the team, he fits perfectly as the guy to tackle defending those larger wings. Wonder what kind of offer it would take for Phoenix to let him go? On the one hand Phoenix has the cap space to afford to match most offers, but on the other they've got SF depth with Morris and Green. Will probably boil down to what the Suns do with their cap space. He'd be my ideal cheap wing depth guy though.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
          we don't need DeColo anymore.
          Agreed. We may need roster spot if MU makes a run at VC or Chandler Parsons or another veteran with MLE

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
            Tucker would be an awesome get for the team, he fits perfectly as the guy to tackle defending those larger wings. Wonder what kind of offer it would take for Phoenix to let him go? On the one hand Phoenix has the cap space to afford to match most offers, but on the other they've got SF depth with Morris and Green. Will probably boil down to what the Suns do with their cap space. He'd be my ideal cheap wing depth guy though.
            Tucker has heart but is a little undersized.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Tucker is a little undersized.
              No doubt about that, but he's got a decent wingspan and more importantly he's a hell of a lot stronger than DD or Ross. Watching the video posted above I was really impressed with how he was able to body up the Carmelo / Rudy Gay types in order to deny them their spots, which was obviously the big problem with defending Joe Johnson last year. As an energy defender off the bench who can hit the corner 3, I think he'd be perfect in spot duty depending on matchups.

And really, who's the alternative in the mid-level-or-less price range? Aminu, who can't shoot to save his life? Alan Anderson, king of the irrational confidence players?

Comment

He's undersized in height, but he's thick and it's all muscle. He was a PF in college at around 6'5''. He can hold his own against pretty much anyone...except maybe LeBron.

Comment

I agree. He can not defend the big SFs that we will see.We already have a under size SF in Ross.

Comment

• Come on GV. Sign the damn contract and let us move on

Comment

• I think Wolstat and I have very different interpretations of "imminent"

Comment

• PJ Tucker completely taking James Harden out the game.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          PJ Tucker completely taking James Harden out the game.
                          And in this one, doing similar things to Carmelo Anthony. Gotta love a guy who can D up on two completely different kinds of top-tier scorers.

Comment

• Remember when he shut down JV? Jeez

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                              Remember when he shut down DD? Jeez

Comment

• And against LeBron...

Comment

Working...