Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Toronto, ON (SportsNetwork.com) - Guard Greivis Vasquez and forward Patrick Patterson, two key pieces to the Toronto Raptors' run to an Atlantic Division title in 2013-14, were both given qualifying offers by the team on Saturday.

By doing so, the Raptors retain the right to match any offer sheet the restricted free agents receive from another team.

Both players came to Toronto in December as part of the trade with Sacramento that sent high-scoring forward Rudy Gay to the Kings. The Raptors went 41-22 following the deal to earn the Eastern Conference's No. 3 playoff seed.

Vasquez averaged 9.5 points and 3.7 assists in 61 regular-season games as Kyle Lowry's backup with the Raptors. The four-year veteran led Toronto in scoring off the bench 25 times after joining the club.

Patterson also played an important reserve role with the Raptors, averaging 9.1 points and 5.1 rebounds in 48 games as Toronto's primary forward off the bench. The 25-year-old then tallied 10.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game during the club's opening-round playoff series with the Brooklyn Nets.

The Raptors also extended a qualifying offer to guard Nando De Colo, who averaged 3.1 points and 1.6 assists over 21 games after being acquired from San Antonio on Feb. 20.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=455936

Not sure if someone already posted this, but this is good to see (couldn't care less about De Colo though).

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=455936

Not sure if someone already posted this, but this is good to see (couldn't care less about De Colo though).
    Yeah....still better to make the offer to Nando though and rescind it if you have to.

Comment

I like De Colo...could do a LOT worse for a backup IF Lowry walks
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Hopefully we get them all back at a good price.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

should be able to get De Colo in the 2 - 3m range, Vasquez in the 4 to 6 range and Patterson in the 5 to 7 range
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

De Colo won't be offered more than a minimum contract..
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              De Colo won't be offered more than a minimum contract..
              you have friends in 29 other organizations? backup PG market of which he is a capable one and a good defender is anywhere between 1 and 6 million. A minimum deal is certainly the lowest he will get but he is worth 2 to 3 based on all the other teams in the league not considered title contenders. People will take minimum deals to play for them...not Toronto

Comment

Hawks - Rookie
                Celtics - Bayless 3.135 million
                Hornets - Luke Ridnour 4.32 million
                Nets - Livingston (minimum deal coming off injury) worth more $
                Cavaliers - Jarrett Jack 6.0 million
                Mavs - Rookie

I can keep going but somewhere just south of Bayless is where De Colo is... I'm thinking 2.5 to 2.75 range with Greivis somewhere between Ridnour and Jack 4.75 to 5.25 range

Comment

I am happy the front office sees the potential De Colo has. He has good court vision, speed, and passes very well. With more time, he can become a valuable player for Toronto.
                  Last edited by caccia; Sat Jun 28, 2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    Hawks - Rookie
                    Celtics - Bayless 3.135 million
                    Hornets - Luke Ridnour 4.32 million
                    Nets - Livingston (minimum deal coming off injury) worth more $
                    Cavaliers - Jarrett Jack 6.0 million
                    Mavs - Rookie

I can keep going but somewhere just south of Bayless is where De Colo is... I'm thinking 2.5 to 2.75 range with Greivis somewhere between Ridnour and Jack 4.75 to 5.25 range

De Colo has never averaged as many minutes as he did in his Rookie season (12 mpg). If anything he is worth LESS than his rookie contract as his rookie season was his best.

All those other players you mentioned actually had time to play and became rotational players. De Colo is still the 14th-15th man and will most likely be offered a minimum.

Comment

I dont think we all saw all of Nando's game. His pedigree is good incl. having been in San Antoinio. They just could not play/keep him with Parker, Mills and Joseph in front of him.

Comment

I agree that Nando has good potential. But I can't see anyone offering more than a minimum contract

Comment

I really hope we retain De Colo

I think he is better at being a PG than Vasquez. I hope he gets a full training camp so Casey trusts him and he gets 20mpg...we could end up seeing an 8ppg 4rbd 4ast 2stl backup PG, which would make me very happy

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            I agree that Nando has good potential. But I can't see anyone offering more than a minimum contract
                            I've decided that instead of arguing with you I will propose a Slap Bet.

How this works.
                            If Nando De Colo takes between a deal valued at between. 2.4million and 3.1million I get to slap you in the face really hard should we ever meet.

If he takes a minimum deal all the way up to 1.7M you get to slap be in the face really hard. But on the left side...I've had lots of expensive dental work on the right and really don't want to go through that whole bullshit again.

If he takes the QO for 1.8 million we both get to slap White Men Can't Jump

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              I've decided that instead of arguing with you I will propose a Slap Bet.

How this works.
                              If Nando De Colo takes between a deal valued at between. 2.4million and 3.1million I get to slap you in the face really hard should we ever meet.

If he takes a minimum deal all the way up to 1.7M you get to slap be in the face really hard. But on the left side...I've had lots of expensive dental work on the right and really don't want to go through that whole bullshit again.

If he takes the QO for 1.8 million we both get to slap White Men Can't Jump
                              Are u on a losing streak?

Comment

Working...
                              X