Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    The team has a different make up now too. Lowry and DD are the clear leaders and everyone else follows. Back then DD was still wet behind the ears and there was no clear leaders. I'm confident JJ will not be over stepping his boundaries this time around.
    Totally agree. Raptors were fucked up in CAsey first year, they aren't anymore.

And in MEM, JJ did deserve more minutes, he was clearly better than Prince and was a fire cracker off the bench. Love that signing.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Even I'll concede JJ-APK has the talent, and familiarity with our team sets, pieces, & dynamics to succeed. It's the intangibles, drug smuggling, domestic violence, and untoward & unbecoming behaviour that casts doubt on the signing.

Hopefully he's turned the corner.

What's the over/under on third week of pre-season word leaks JJ-APKs pulled over with suspiciously large woman, whom he claims had a flat and is giving a ride across town?

Comment

• Always been a fan of Johnsons game and thought it might make sense to bring him back. Always liked what he could bring to a team if he were to accept the appropriate role for his skills... he did that and then some last year with Memphis.

As a character, I certainly question the signing, but Masai knows exactly what he's doing, and with such a strong locker room now, with guys who have been here for a few years, I can't see him being anything but a pro. I look at it like Ron Artest... if he gives you what he can/should, then you are a better team for it.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
          Even I'll concede JJ-APK has the talent, and familiarity with our team sets, pieces, & dynamics to succeed. It's the intangibles, drug smuggling, domestic violence, and untoward & unbecoming behaviour that casts doubt on the signing.

Hopefully he's turned the corner.

What's the over/under on third week of pre-season word leaks JJ-APKs pulled over with suspiciously large woman, whom he claims had a flat and is giving a ride across town?
          Drug smuggling? Don't those people go to prison?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            The team has a different make up now too. Lowry and DD are the clear leaders and everyone else follows. Back then DD was still wet behind the ears and there was no clear leaders. I'm confident JJ will not be over stepping his boundaries this time around.
            Well said Bill.

Comment

• Always liked JJ's defense and chip-on-shoulder toughness. He is in the same mold as Hans, Allen, Barnes, Butler type on D. Just hope he has matured in terms of playing to his strengths and how the coaches want him to operate. I think he maybe better than Sefolosha these days.

Comment

• Looks like we ended up the second round pick from sac town and james johnson. I guess we won that trade
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Makes sense I guess. He's the big, physical wing defender that the team wanted/needed. I trust that Masai, Casey and JJ are all on the same page on what his role will be and that if there's any problems he'll just get cut or traded.

Comment

• James Johnson can definitely handle Joe Johnson...

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      bi-annual is only 1.9 or something
                      About 2.1M, but yes.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If the signing was 3 years long i would cry, but for 2 years it is a safe and fair price.
                        Myself (March 2014):
                        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• I don't think Lowry or Masai were manning the ship when james johnson was here for his first stint. I'm pretty sure MU is well aware of his past and off court behavior and gave him the same talk he gave lowry.

James johnson was in much better shape on the Griz and played really well. I was hoping we land aminu but this signing is solid too.

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                            JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I've been rooting to bring him back since he left
                            Same here! I must admit i wasn't happy when they traded him in the first place. This guy is tough, plays good D and is the big SF that we've been missing. I'm really happy with this signing.

Comment

• I forget, do the two Johnsons on our team wear their first initial and last name on the back?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X