Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    You do know that, statistically speaking, he was one of the worst players in the league least season (and actually the worst to have taken at least 300 shots) and actually the WORST player in the league during the playoffs?

You can say the level of hate for the guy is too high...but you can't say its unwarranted when the eye test matches the statistical evidence.

So no, much like myself, the Raptors are allergic to fish which means they have to stay away from fish of any kind....but especially Salmons.
    Where are these statistics? He was sub-average during the regular season, but far from the worst ( per BBReff and RPM) and wasn't even the worst Raptor in the playoffs; he was awful, but Ross was worse (per BBRef) .
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KendrickLamarr wrote: View Post
      hi guys,
      this is my first post and i was wondering has Amir Johnson's team option been picked up?
      There's no team option to pick up. He has a partially guaranteed contract, with no guarantee date. Means they have until January to waive him and save 2M (leaving 5M of dead money on the books). They will not waive him, not for that little savings.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Watching things unfold around the league, this really has been an amazing off season for Toronto thus far.

Masai and Co. deserve a lot of credit.

While everyone else was waiting to see what would happen, they got their shit done - proactive vs. reactive.

Best of all no one was overpaid except Vasquez but, realistically, he would have landed a MLE somewhere so it is $1.2M per season overpayment but 2 seasons less on his contract (4 year MLE vs 2 year deal signed).

The Raptors have the best of both worlds: young guys primed to get better with very high ceilings on their potential while still competing in the here and now.

They have all their first round picks moving forward and an extra one in 2016.

I've never been more confident about the Raptors future than right now.

Comment

• It seems like Gasol is coming to Bulls now as well. If Rose gets back to the shape that he was, Bulls will be a fun team to watch. Gasol is without the doubt one of the best skilled big man in the game.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Watching things unfold around the league, this really has been an amazing off season for Toronto thus far.

While everyone else was waiting to see what would happen, they got their shit done - proactive vs. reactive.

Best of all no one was overpaid except Vasquez but, realistically, he would have landed a MLE somewhere so it is $1.2M per season overpayment but 2 seasons less on his contract (4 year MLE vs 2 year deal signed).

The Raptors have the best of both worlds: young guys primed to get better with very high ceilings on their potential while still competing in the here and now.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I don't know quick scan of your old posts under the BC era and I can find the above statement said many times in the past .

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                I don't know quick scan of your old posts under the BC era and I can find the above statement said many times in the past .
                Without verifying whether that is true, it is not contradictory to the statement now.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Without verifying whether that is true, it is not contradictory to the statement now.
                  English and tact are not his strong suits so I usually give him a pass.

Comment

• Morrow not on way to Raptors:

Comment

Morrow not on way to Raptors:

It didn't make much sense to get him anyway. Good get for OKC though. They need more shooting. Pretty much only their main offensive pieces (KD, Russ, Reggie, Ibaka) were shooters. They could use some situations where the 4th/5th guy on the floor can actually do something offensively.

Comment

Watching things unfold around the league, this really has been an amazing off season for Toronto thus far.

This hits one what I was talking about earlier. GMs who waited to see what panned out got panned.

Yeah, James held up NBA business for 11 days while he decided his future. Teams were angry. Some had assets that evaporated during the wait, including the Warriors, who considered Brandon Bass and other names in exchange for a trade exception that expired yesterday at midnight. But everyone takes time to mull hard professional decisions. Those are times to be careful, to bounce ideas off of everyone in your inner circle. LeBron inconvenienced the league, but it was just that — an inconvenience — and smart teams did whatever business they could in the interim. Not everything has to be a referendum on LeBron James’s personality.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/le...th-miami-heat/

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                          I really don't have anything against John Salmons at all. I just have something against Casey for playing him too much.
                          Precisely my point - if I wasn't so worried about Casey's man-crush on him I'd have him back as a 10th man on a minimum salary no problem.... - Oops too late:

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...likely_to.html

Told ya so - Johnny Fish Strikes again!
                          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

This hits one what I was talking about earlier. GMs who waited to see what panned out got panned.
                            You take risks, you sometimes get burned.

Somehow I think "please don't fire me, it was all LeBron James' fault" isn't going to work if some of these teams stink because of their GM's free agency performance.

Comment

• New Lou interview.

Comment

• According to Mark Spears twitter we have serious interest in Will Cherry

Comment

Working...
                                X