No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are also rumours from some Venezuelan publication that he accepted the Raptors $3 million dollar qualifying offer and that he'll test the market as an UFA next summer. I personally think its BS because I haven't seen the source itself. It just appears to be talked about on Twitter at the moment. :|

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
      There are also rumours from some Venezuelan publication that he accepted the Raptors $3 million dollar qualifying offer and that he'll test the market as an UFA next summer. I personally think its BS because I haven't seen the source itself. It just appears to be talked about on Twitter at the moment. :|
      Wolstat tweeted just couple hours ago that he saw this Venezuelen publication and he says that Greivis hasn't accepted qualifying offer, but there's multi-year contract on table.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Wolstat tweeted just couple hours ago that he saw this Venezuelen publication and he says that Greivis hasn't accepted qualifying offer, but there's multi-year contract on table.
        Ya, I saw that but I think it was Hoops Hype Canada which said he DID accept the qualifying offer. I think its all fluff and Hoops Hype is just looking for some hits and site traffic.

Comment

• I have read that the big names--Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James, Chris Bosh--are holding up free agent action around the league. Specifically, Vasquez is having trouble gauging his probable worth in the market when so many teams are hanging fire. Ironically, the Miami Heat is not one of them, having just added Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger to create an improved lineup to support LeBron. It looks like this is a preemptive move on the part of Pat Riley, since Bosh may end up taking Houston's max offer.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
            t looks like this is a preemptive move on the part of Pat Riley, since Bosh may end up taking Houston's max offer.
            Which I still find ridiculous. Kudos to Bosh, but come'on, dude isn't worth $96 million over 4 years. That's a ton of flow for a supporting cast player.

Comment

• There's a couple big dominoes that need to fall - LBJ, Melo, Bosh, Gasol, Deng, etc. - before some teams will turn their attention to the peripheral pieces to fill out their roster. It's possible that GV is waiting for that to happen to see if a starting spot and/or more money may develop with another team.

Comment

Which I still find ridiculous. Kudos to Bosh, but come'on, dude isn't worth $96 million over 4 years. That's a ton of flow for a supporting cast player.
                Bosh would be stupid not to take that deal

....then we will all watch as Morey tries to grease his way out of another one of his stupid contracts next season

I wonder how long Morey's "genius" turns sour with how he has handled a lot players

Comment

Ya, I saw that but I think it was Hoops Hype Canada which said he DID accept the qualifying offer. I think its all fluff and Hoops Hype is just looking for some hits and site traffic.
                  It is almost certainly fluff, since he doesn't have a 3M QO, he has a 4M QO. If they got that wrong, they probably aren't privy to the current status of his negotiations.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    It is almost certainly fluff, since he doesn't have a 3M QO, he has a 4M QO. If they got that wrong, they probably aren't privy to the current status of his negotiations.
                    I thought it was about 3.2M....I also thought that there was a tidbit that Vasquez was ok with that or around that, and that the number 3.7M was floated in that little snippet.

Comment

• I believe we can go over the cap to re-sign a RFA, so maybe Vasquez is waiting on Masai to sign another FA to aid the team... then we sign GV
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• I think he's just waiting on the free agency fallback from all the teams that miss out on the big names left with a ton of money to shop around which should result in higher offers and/or better terms...also Avery Bradley somewhat set a market value with his 4yr/$32mil contract.. that $8mil/yr probably got him wanting at least the same contract as Patterson. He's got nothing to lose by waiting it out...he's the best PG left on the market behind Bledsoe, Isiah & Jameer Nelson.

Comment

• Let GV walk for 3/18, you can sign Ramon Sessions, and let GV look for a job back in Sacromento, he will enjoy playing there again. Oh his tax rate there will be 5 to 7% higher than Canada. But greed is good until it is not so good

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                            Let GV walk for 3/18, you can sign Ramon Sessions, and let GV look for a job back in Sacromento, he will enjoy playing there again. Oh his tax rate there will be 5 to 7% higher than Canada. But greed is good until it is not so good

I have heard that Sessions' name is linked heavily to Chicago, amongst others. I would go for him as well because Chicago should really be looking to retain Hinrich and Augustin.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• What I've read Toronto has offer on the Table,but GVZ is waiting till other players sign,c if he can get more money,it's all good.
                              However he should be careful,raptors won't wait for long and his very replaceable. 2 be honest if he does leave,I won't shed a tear,there are plenty of other good back up pg available.
                              Check the pg free agent list.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/point_guards_2014.htm

P.S

It's not like his gonna get the minutes like last year,T Ross will be getting those minutes..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                What I've read Toronto has offer on the Table,but GVZ is waiting till other players sign,c if he can get more money,it's all good.
                                However he should be careful,raptors won't wait for long and his very replaceable. 2 be honest if he does leave,I won't shed a tear,there are plenty of other good back up pg available.
                                Check the pg free agent list.

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency/point_guards_2014.htm

P.S

It's not like his gonna get the minutes like last year,T Ross will be getting those minutes..
                                actually that list doesn't look very appealing...Bledoes/Isiah are Starters and Nelson is linked to Mia or contenders....Vasquez is the best backup PG available hands down...there is a big drop off in talent behind him...I would really like to retain him especially since we have the right to match but looking at this list IF he were to walk...Brian Roberts is probably who I like to see added.

Comment

Working...
                                X