• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This move is a head scratcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• i'd rather have blatche then james johnson

Comment

• If this is true, I am OK with this signing. James (head case aside) gives the team some great versatility. He can be a great small ball 4, or be the big 3 we need at times. While he is not a 3 point shooter, he did drastically improve his free throw shooting last year. He gives you a solid defender and is good enough on offense that he does not totally hurt you on that end, add in his solid court vision and passing ability and he is a nice pick up.

He has been immature, but with a veteran stable roster and defined role, he may surprise us.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• also although the charges were 'dismissed', apparently its because his wife didn't show up to court.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/25...case-dismissed

hmmmmmmm.

Comment

• Funny that it has not been picked up by anyone else.

They are either sleeping or he is not enough of a big deal to send the flurry of tweets.

But Parrish tweet is a legit account and he is based in Memphis.... or at least has a radio show out of Memphis.

Comment

• I'm a huge fan of JJ's defense, and he can actually pass and handle the rock a little too. He had one coast-to-coast dunk and a block to close out a half (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAJ71oNW_M) that really showcased his ceiling.

Unfortunately he has had several off-court issues. Weed on the plane (Raps), sent home for balance of season (Sacramento), alleged domestic assault (Memphis). Plus he never had a great work ethic, though that supposedly changed in Memphis. He had several game-changing plays on that squad down the stretch last year.

I hope Masai laid down the law in very clear terms before bringing him back, but I'm happy about the move.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Funny that it has not been picked up by anyone else.

They are either sleeping or he is not enough of a big deal to send the flurry of tweets.

But Parrish tweet is a legit account and he is based in Memphis.... or at least has a radio show out of Memphis.
                Doug Smith: Raptors ‏@SmithRaps 32m
                Late night we get Vasquez singing, early morning Raptors agree on two-year deal with former Raptor James Johnson, sources confirm
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I'm a huge fan of JJ's defense, and he can actually pass and handle the rock a little too. He had one coast-to-coast dunk and a block to close out a half (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAJ71oNW_M) that really showcased his ceiling.

Unfortunately he has had several off-court issues. Weed on the plane (Raps), sent home for balance of season (Sacramento), alleged domestic assault (Memphis). Plus he never had a great work ethic, though that supposedly changed in Memphis. He had several game-changing plays on that squad down the stretch last year.

I hope Masai laid down the law in very clear terms before bringing him back, but I'm happy about the move.
                  I agree with the bold.

If it is a minimum contract with team option for year 2, I'm happy with it.

There is no question he fills a need on the wing.

Next up: a legit back up C and Masai, Jeff, and Bobby can take the rest of the summer off.

Comment

• LOL, our defense is gonna be top 5 next season! JJ is a bit of a head case off court, but on the floor the guy can play some D! Jeez, the Brazillians, and now JJ? We may hold teams to 80 pts. next season.

Edit: watch this blow up in my face and our D is horrid next season

Comment

• Maybe demar told masai that he wanted him. Gms usually give their best players a chnace to tell them a list of people who they want on the team. Demar probably vouched for jj
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        LOL, our defense is gonna be top 5 next season! JJ is a bit of a head case off court, but on the floor the guy can play some D! Jeez, the Brazillians, and now JJ? We may hold teams to 80 pts. next season.

Edit: watch this blow up in my face and our D is horrid next season
                        Honestly we are absolutely stacked with good defenders now. Casey now has the luxury to mix-and-match at pretty much every position, save centre.

JJ is basically a Lebron/George/Durant stopper. He could be our Tony Allen.

Comment

• If that was the case, it would have been Lowry vouching for JJ

Comment

• JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I've been rooting to bring him back since he left
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Honestly we are absolutely stacked with good defenders now. Casey now has the luxury to mix-and-match at pretty much every position, save centre.

JJ is basically a Lebron/George/Durant stopper. He could be our Tony Allen.
                              Yeah, JJ was a really good defender, and the year he left our D really slipped. He was also pretty good behaviour wise in Toronto, so hopefully a return will curb the off court issues he's had.

Comment

• I was happy with JJ on the Raps, his last go round, until he started believing his own press clippings. Good to great defense, quick, athletic and able to drop a J from 12 feet out, he was exciting to watch. When his head started to swell up he became less effective through pouting and not listening to the coach. If Masai can perform some kind of miracle and settle him down, he would definitely be an asset. Let's hope MU has a magic wand in his desk drawer.

Comment

Working...
                                X