No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a sweet bench this year. We won't have a ton of drop off with Williams, GV, and PP in a 8-9 man rotation. I still think we need to address the back up 3. After that this team is pretty much set. I would have preferred a veteran 5, but I think we have quite a bit of depth in the front court.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      but not a lot for a 6th man
      DC does play a lot of GV and KL together. We do need GV as KL is likely to miss some games due to injury based on his style of play.

Comment

VC says he wants to stay in Dallas but they also just put up the mother of all offer sheets
        They can still offer him vet min I believe.

Comment

• GV and Lou Will combine make 12.5M. Lou is expiring but that's alot of money for two non-starting guards.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            They can still offer him vet min I believe.
            true but at that point he has a chance at a deep playoff run in the 3 - 4 million dollar range with the Raptors or stay in the ultracompetitive west
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• JV/Hayes/Bebe
              Amir/Patrick Patterson/TH
              Ross/Fields/Bruno
              DeMar/Williams/Fields
              Lowry/GV/Williams

2 roster spots left!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                GV and Lou Will combine make 12.5M. Lou is expiring but that's alot of money for two non-starting guards.
                Hayes and Fields make 12.5 and they keep the bench warm. No problem with the money if they produce
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

GV and Lou Will combine make 12.5M. Lou is expiring but that's alot of money for two non-starting guards.
                  Having redundant (but good) assets on short, mid level deals is the perfect equation for setting up trades.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    So, first off, Vasquez's deal for this summer is between 6.3M and 6.8M. We had room below the tax between 9.2 and 12.8M by my previous calculations. We lost 0.2M of that with the exact tax figure. So 9M to 12.6M. So after Vasquez's deal, we have between 2.4M and 6.3M left.

6.3M would mean enough room for a minimum deal and a MLE, so I imagine all the deals have been back loaded fully. Since apparently they were waiting for the exact tax number before signing this deal, I'll bet we have exactly enough room for a vet min deal and the MLE.
                    I hope you're right.

Given that possibility, and the length of Vasquez's new deal, I'd be all for offering PJ Tucker the full MLE for 2 years.

Comment

It has no impact on signing anyone else. It is not material next year as Williams expires and GV will be in the final year of a deal. Easily movable.

Why does everyone not understand that free agents get a premium? This deal is good.

Comment

• That would be 4.5 mill. for basketball duties for the Raptors and 2 mill. for public relations work for the Toronto chamber of commerce.

I think Livingston set the bar somewhat with his deal.

Comment

Hayes and Fields make 12.5 and they keep the bench warm. No problem with the money if they produce
                          One was a legacy bad deal, the other the bad contract to shed Gay. This is 12.5M is new money. I would tried for Heinrich first. Livingston and Lou Will would have been cheaper and better. Just surprised more than anything.

Comment

One was a legacy bad deal, the other the bad contract to shed Gay. This is 12.5M is new money. I would tried for Heinrich first. Livingston and Lou Will would have been cheaper and better. Just surprised more than anything.
                            Fuck Hinrich. I'd rather give Vasquez another 2-3 M than have to deal with that flopping piece of shit. He makes a mockery of the game with the way he flails around out there.

Comment

• Vasquez gives you more then those guys and in comparison to Livington is + offensively and - defensively

Comment

• I honestly thought he would sign for less, but I'm not too worried about this contract. We are shedding a lot of useless salary next year (Camby buyout, Hayes, Fields), and the fact that we moved Novak, makes this contract moot. I like that we are keeping this core together. We don't have any excessive contracts, hopefully we improve this year and figure out what adjustments we will have to make to be a contender in the offseason. I love the direction this team has taken!

Comment

Working...
                                X