Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Im sure casey didnt play de colo for the sake of confidence killing. Cmon dude that doesnt even make any sense

Of course Casey doesn't intentionally kill player's confidence...however, as has been stated by multiple people, multiple times, it is a function of how he coaches with inconsistent PT, etc.

Give Nando a role (like with Ross) and we could see him put up good numbers.

He is putting up nearly the same per36 numbers as Vasquez with much better defense while being thrown into random PT situations.

I want to see what this kid can do. I think he is a better passer than Vasquez too

Comment

Meh, all I care about is that they get the PATMAN back. The dude is a legend.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
        Meh, all I care about is that they get the PATMAN back. The dude is a legend.
        He hasn't accepted it yet though

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Another case of Casey's confidence killing....I think so.

I really want to see him have a role as the back-up PG with Vasquez being more of a SG because of his height/speed defensively will be better suited there
          How the hell is that Casey's fault? There was next to no room in the rotation for De Colo, since he and Vasquez can only play the 1/2.

Your posts are getting worse and worse by the day man.

There are 96 minutes available at the PG and SG spots.

Lowry - 36.2mpg
          DeMar - 38.2mpg
          Vasquez - 21.5mpg

Total = 95.9mpg

Now obviously DeMar spends some time at the SF spot, which allows for somebody else to play a few minutes at the guard position (hence De Colo getting just under 10mpg). But stop acting like Casey was just stunting De Colo's development or something. De Colo isn't even that young of a player for Pete's sake, he's 26 already.
          Last edited by imanshumpert; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
            He hasn't accepted it yet though
            Yeah I know. Was meaning I was very hopeful that he does!

Comment

If MU resigns KL and GV and with the addition of Lou Williams, the minutes can be divided including DD for the 96 minutes.
              KL- 30, GV-22, DD- 23, and LW-21. DD will play 12 minutes at the SF. Ross will be expected to play 24 minutes this year every game . We require another player to give us 12 minutes at the SF.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                Yeah I know. Was meaning I was very hopeful that he does!
                Hope that he doesn't! If he accepts a QO, he's only here for 1 year. If he waits and signs with us, he's here for 5. If he signs with another team, we match and he's here for 4 years.

Hope he doesn't accept the QO!
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?
                  My guess is that Lou Williams will be used like we used Barbosa. They are really similar players. He'll be playing SG along side Vasquez off the bench. He'll be used as instant offense and allow Vasquez to play off the ball a bit. Patrick Patterson, Vasquez, and Lou Williams should give a good punch off the bench with good 3 point shooting. If Landry improves his shot over the summer I can see him playing with these guys.

We'll have a nine man rotation of DeMar, Lowry, Amir, Ross, Jonas, PP, Vasquez, Williams and Fields. Bebe, Bruno, Novak, and Hayes will get a few minutes here and there.
                  Last edited by saints91; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Of course Casey doesn't intentionally kill player's confidence...however, as has been stated by multiple people, multiple times, it is a function of how he coaches with inconsistent PT, etc.

Give Nando a role (like with Ross) and we could see him put up good numbers.

He is putting up nearly the same per36 numbers as Vasquez with much better defense while being thrown into random PT situations.

I want to see what this kid can do. I think he is a better passer than Vasquez too
                    I suspect you just like to vote for the underdogs. With that said I'm not going to argue with you. You always like the other guy when talking about players
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I think if Lowry comes back then we let Vasquez walk. Lowry will probably cost $12M per year. We don't need a backup PG making over $5M when we pay the starter that much. Especially since I think Lou Williams will be better at handling the PG duties than Vasquez as he can actually defend and score efficiently.
                      If Lowry leaves we probably bring Vasquez back for continuity sake, or Masai does something awesome that I can't think of (like that Salmons trade).

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        I think if Lowry comes back then we let Vasquez walk. Lowry will probably cost $12M per year. We don't need a backup PG making over $5M when we pay the starter that much. Especially since I think Lou Williams will be better at handling the PG duties than Vasquez as he can actually defend and score efficiently.
                        If Lowry leaves we probably bring Vasquez back for continuity sake, or Masai does something awesome that I can't think of (like that Salmons trade).
                        I think both are back. Williams is probably a short term solution, and paying 5M for a backup PG is a problem but paying that for a 6th man that plays the 1 and 2 is not. If you can swing it financially, it is better to be able to move one of those guys after a year of evaluating them without having to worry about replacing them.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          I think both are back. Williams is probably a short term solution, and paying 5M for a backup PG is a problem but paying that for a 6th man that plays the 1 and 2 is not. If you can swing it financially, it is better to be able to move one of those guys after a year of evaluating them without having to worry about replacing them.
                          I hesitate to bring Vasquez back because he said he doesn't want a 1 or 2 year deal, and that's what backups should get in today's NBA. I don't think Vasquez at $5M+ per year for 3+ years is an easily movable contract. I'm also dubious of Vasquez ability to play the 2. I trust Masai though, will be fun to see what happens tonight and tomorrow.

Comment

The Grevis and Patrick Watch - For How Much and How Long and Who is the Competition

Now that we have Kyle locked down for at least 3 more years time to turn our attention to our last two remaining free agents. Our back up point guard and our first big off the bench.
                            Grevis wants to stay and has been qualified at 3.2M. Ppat has been radio silent on his preferences and has been qualified at 4.3.

If we want to resign them whats it going to take for term and salary to get them both (we have bird rights so its not a cap issue only a budget and fair market value issue)

OR

Who do you think pops out of the woodwork with an offer sheet for either that due to its contract value opens up a sign and trade ? Who do you sign and trade for ? We have heard both Phoenix and Orlando for Ppat.

Grevis and PPat watch is on the clock.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

This is a big challenge, especially considering we suspect MU wants to maintain cap space for summer 2016. PP and GV would both be doing the Raptors a huge favour if they only signed two year deals, in my opinion. They've both earned some stability with solid play.

I'd push a little harder for PP than GV, as big a help as GV was this past season. This team looks like its aiming to peak 3-5 seasons down the road, a timeline PP fits nicely and GV doesn't so much.

Of course if the Raps could keep both that would be fantastic.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

With Lou Williams there, I am not too concerned about GV. I will offer him a 4 year deal, worth 18 million, with the 4th year Non-Gurantee and team option. Anything more than that, I will say NO.

With 2Pat, we need someone as a back up PF or limited Back up centre. I know people here are high on BeBe but I don't buy it. Given the ankles of Amir, if 2Pat leaves, we are very thin on those position. With 2 Pat, I will offer again a 4 year deal, with the 4th year being a team option at 22 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X