Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phiLLy wrote: View Post
    I don't think there's even any Vet PGs with Rings.

I wouldn't even mind giving it to a good locker room guy, for some good vet presence.

However, if we pick up like a Derek Fisher, Casey is going to have him start over Lowry by the end of the year.
    Chalmers.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Chalmers.
      I'll take Fisher. At least he can still hit a 3.

Comment

• Another reason I like this signing is because JJ is a bit of a headcase. Same with considering Blatche. Let me explain. I think it says something about the organization and the culture and attitude it is trying to build that it is willing to take a chance on talented players that really couldn't get it together, and may have some attitude issues or character flaws or whatever you want to call it. It tells me that despite those concerns, the organization feels that even if that player can't get it together they will not destroy what has already been built, and that the franchise can still move forward and grow and build despite a potential player being a disruption. It shows confidence in the culture and the players that are already here.

It tells me that this franchise is willing to take the chance on "rehabilitating" players. That the franchise can handle these types of players, players that many franchise's in the league would not go near because of a fear that they could disrupt what they are trying to accomplish. MU does not have that fear. Even if JJ totally screws the pooch, I sense that MU does not fear he would have that great a negative impact on the franchise. That's confidence in what the organization is trying to do.

It reminds me a little of the Spurs, and I like that. It's a little premature of course to compare what MU is currently doing in just his second year, to what the Spurs have been doing for almost two decades, but it signals to me that maybe we are going in that direction. That maybe we are building something here that isn't just a basketball team, but an organization that just about anybody, whether a scout, coach, trainer, ticket seller, whatever, would be proud to be a part of.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass here lol.

Comment

I'll take Fisher. At least he can still hit a 3.
          Fisher is a disgusting human being that uses his daughters sickness to get out of contracts (multiple times) with teams he doesn't like. I'd prefer to see him out of the league sooner rather than later.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I wouldn't even mind giving it to a good locker room guy, for some good vet presence.

However, if we pick up like a Derek Fisher, Casey is going to have him start over Lowry by the end of the year.
            Isn't Fisher coaching the Knicks now?

Comment

• ON the Grizzlies' board they seem pissed that he didn't get more playtime. It seems like he headbutted (metaphor) with Joerger and saw his playtime cut after that.
              Last edited by OptimalOptimist; Thu Jul 10, 2014, 04:22 PM.
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                ON the Grizzlies' board they seem pissed that he didn't get more playtime. It seems like he headbutted with Joerger and saw his playtime cut after that.
                You meant "headbutt" in the metaphorical sense, right?

I really wanna see Johnson take on Kimbo Slice....

Comment

there are some vet bigs with rings available though.

Nazr Mohammed comes to mind.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    You meant "headbutt" in the metaphorical sense, right?

I really wanna see Johnson take on Kimbo Slice....
                    Yeah, will edit.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                      Get ready for Leo Rautins: "What people don't realize is this guy has sneaky athleticism. You think he's not there, then he comes outta nowhere …"

I'm sure people remember this line
                      Chuck Norris is going to be part of the new broadcast team paired with Leo. If Leo uses any of his now pattented lines that draw dry heaves from the audience Chuck gets to unload a full roundhouse kick to the head.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                        ON the Grizzlies' board they seem pissed that he didn't get more playtime. It seems like he headbutted (metaphor) with Joerger and saw his playtime cut after that.
                        Yeah they were saying that when he did play he produced but Joerger and him had some beef and Joerger played Prince over him
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Imagine a mix and match lineup with Lowry (PG) , Derozan (SF), Ross (SG), James Johnson (temp PF) , and Amir Johnson (C)
                          its a sprite slam dunk contest each time they force a turnover!

Comment

• Wonder if Chauncey Billups has any game left.. Detroit declined their team option on him.

He's been a mentor to Lowry and would be a good role model for a young scrappy team. Could be a coach on the bench type of guy, kind of like Darrick Martin but not a complete loser.

Comment

• The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                              Wonder if Chauncey Billups has any game left.. Detroit declined their team option on him.

He's been a mentor to Lowry and would be a good role model for a young scrappy team. Could be a coach on the bench type of guy, kind of like Darrick Martin but not a complete loser.
                              I'd contact him about an assistant coach position, or some other suit role where he could impact the team. Might be cheaper than offering a players contract, plus we would still have that roster spot. I like Billups.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah they were saying that when he did play he produced but Joerger and him had some beef and Joerger played Prince over him
                                It's obviously a pattern with this guy.

Casey doesn't suffer fools though, unless Bryan Colangelo forces him to play them (Rudy, Bargnani). He is definitely the type of coach that would rather play a bad player that buys into team culture/game plan than a more talented played with a shit attitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X