Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 775

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we keep Lowry do you guys really see Nando getting minutes? I really like his game as well but I just don't see him getting consistent minutes as backup point guard unless we don't resign Vasquez

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I agree that Nando has good potential. But I can't see anyone offering more than a minimum contract
    Some European team would likely offer much more than an NBA minimum. It's rare for a European to stay in the NBA for the minimum.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post

    If he takes the QO for 1.8 million we both get to slap White Men Can't Jump

    If he takes the QO for 1.8 milliion we ALL get to slap White Men Can't Jump!


    (thanks for the laugh, that was hilarious)

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Say that Nando is extended a qualifying offer, Hansbrough and Salmons are waived. How much wiggle room for free agents do the Raptors have under the cap if Lowry does not return (a possibility) to sign a pg, a back up center, and perhaps a sf?

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya, but what if Kabongo is suddenly awesome in our summer league team? Would you sign him for cheap instead?

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    Ya, but what if Kabongo is suddenly awesome in our summer league team? Would you sign him for cheap instead?
    Wouldn't hold your breathe on that one

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GV will sign 4/16 million , backup point guards are a dime a dozen , Ramon sessions was 2/10 . PP 3/16 million , decolo should take the 1.8 , IMO would offer Patty Mills the same 4/16 that is offered to GV. Than rescind DeColo.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    GV will sign 4/16 million , backup point guards are a dime a dozen , Ramon sessions was 2/10 . PP 3/16 million , decolo should take the 1.8 , IMO would offer Patty Mills the same 4/16 that is offered to GV. Than rescind DeColo.
    Non-core player rarely get signed to more than 2 yrs anymore unless the GM is stupid. Third and sometime second year is usually not guaranteed.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really think people are overrating Nando, he barely even played for us and some people are acting like he's better than Vasquez I feel.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I really think people are overrating Nando, he barely even played for us and some people are acting like he's better than Vasquez I feel.
    I would wager that given equal responsibilities for a team, Nando would be as good as Vasquez, with better defense...

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know....Nando was still really erratic. He played well for 3 games when Lowry went down. But that's a mighty small sample size. Every other time he played you didn't know if he was going to go for 5 pts and 3 asts, or 0 pts and 4 tos.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My thought is,with recent deal makes De Colo expandable.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Based on the recent Salmons trade, and this news, I think Lowry's gone. I would be very disappointed though and possibly lose my respect for him if he ends up in Miami with a low contract, esp since they all opted out. He would join the likes of VC and Bosh among the hated Raptors, sad to say. However, if Masai can pull of trading garbage for jewels, I'm still optimistic that Lowry could be back.

    But back on the main thread, if we could get these guys back for a reasonable price, I still think we're gonna be in good shape. Although I would prefer having Greivis as the 6th man/Manu Ginobili role rather than the starting pg. 2Pat is really good, excellent jump shooter. Nando was decent, despite his limited role. He showed his excellent ball IQ and his experience coming from the Spurs system.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Based on the recent Salmons trade, and this news, I think Lowry's gone. I would be very disappointed though and possibly lose my respect for him if he ends up in Miami with a low contract, esp since they all opted out. He would join the likes of VC and Bosh among the hated Raptors, sad to say. However, if Masai can pull of trading garbage for jewels, I'm still optimistic that Lowry could be back.

    But back on the main thread, if we could get these guys back for a reasonable price, I still think we're gonna be in good shape. Although I would prefer having Greivis as the 6th man/Manu Ginobili role rather than the starting pg. 2Pat is really good, excellent jump shooter. Nando was decent, despite his limited role. He showed his excellent ball IQ and his experience coming from the Spurs system.
    How does the Salmons trade possibly affect Lowry's likelihood of staying?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    How does the Salmons trade possibly affect Lowry's likelihood of staying?
    Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I really think people are overrating Nando, he barely even played for us and some people are acting like he's better than Vasquez I feel.
    I wasn't that impressed by De colo either.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?
    He's a SG but undersized.He scores on drives and can't handle PnR. This trade is weird.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    He's a SG but undersized.He scores on drives and can't handle PnR. This trade is weird.
    I think it's a great trade, Williams is an expiring, but the best part is another young prospect who has great defensive potential.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    I think it's a great trade, Williams is an expiring, but the best part is another young prospect who has great defensive potential.
    There are reports he may sign with another team in Spain. Unless MU knows for certain he is coming this trade is odd.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know....Nando was still really erratic. He played well for 3 games when Lowry went down. But that's a mighty small sample size. Every other time he played you didn't know if he was going to go for 5 pts and 3 asts, or 0 pts and 4 tos.
    De Colo never had the minutes to prove himself, that's the problem. I do think he can be a solid backup if given the minutes, he seems to have high basketball IQ and he just needs more minutes and confidence.

  21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •