Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we keep Lowry do you guys really see Nando getting minutes? I really like his game as well but I just don't see him getting consistent minutes as backup point guard unless we don't resign Vasquez

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    I agree that Nando has good potential. But I can't see anyone offering more than a minimum contract
    Some European team would likely offer much more than an NBA minimum. It's rare for a European to stay in the NBA for the minimum.

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post

If he takes the QO for 1.8 million we both get to slap White Men Can't Jump

If he takes the QO for 1.8 milliion we ALL get to slap White Men Can't Jump!

(thanks for the laugh, that was hilarious)

Post Thanks / Like

Say that Nando is extended a qualifying offer, Hansbrough and Salmons are waived. How much wiggle room for free agents do the Raptors have under the cap if Lowry does not return (a possibility) to sign a pg, a back up center, and perhaps a sf?

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, but what if Kabongo is suddenly awesome in our summer league team? Would you sign him for cheap instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    Ya, but what if Kabongo is suddenly awesome in our summer league team? Would you sign him for cheap instead?
    Wouldn't hold your breathe on that one

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

GV will sign 4/16 million , backup point guards are a dime a dozen , Ramon sessions was 2/10 . PP 3/16 million , decolo should take the 1.8 , IMO would offer Patty Mills the same 4/16 that is offered to GV. Than rescind DeColo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    GV will sign 4/16 million , backup point guards are a dime a dozen , Ramon sessions was 2/10 . PP 3/16 million , decolo should take the 1.8 , IMO would offer Patty Mills the same 4/16 that is offered to GV. Than rescind DeColo.
    Non-core player rarely get signed to more than 2 yrs anymore unless the GM is stupid. Third and sometime second year is usually not guaranteed.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think people are overrating Nando, he barely even played for us and some people are acting like he's better than Vasquez I feel.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I really think people are overrating Nando, he barely even played for us and some people are acting like he's better than Vasquez I feel.
    I would wager that given equal responsibilities for a team, Nando would be as good as Vasquez, with better defense...

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know....Nando was still really erratic. He played well for 3 games when Lowry went down. But that's a mighty small sample size. Every other time he played you didn't know if he was going to go for 5 pts and 3 asts, or 0 pts and 4 tos.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My thought is,with recent deal makes De Colo expandable.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on the recent Salmons trade, and this news, I think Lowry's gone. I would be very disappointed though and possibly lose my respect for him if he ends up in Miami with a low contract, esp since they all opted out. He would join the likes of VC and Bosh among the hated Raptors, sad to say. However, if Masai can pull of trading garbage for jewels, I'm still optimistic that Lowry could be back.

But back on the main thread, if we could get these guys back for a reasonable price, I still think we're gonna be in good shape. Although I would prefer having Greivis as the 6th man/Manu Ginobili role rather than the starting pg. 2Pat is really good, excellent jump shooter. Nando was decent, despite his limited role. He showed his excellent ball IQ and his experience coming from the Spurs system.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Based on the recent Salmons trade, and this news, I think Lowry's gone. I would be very disappointed though and possibly lose my respect for him if he ends up in Miami with a low contract, esp since they all opted out. He would join the likes of VC and Bosh among the hated Raptors, sad to say. However, if Masai can pull of trading garbage for jewels, I'm still optimistic that Lowry could be back.

But back on the main thread, if we could get these guys back for a reasonable price, I still think we're gonna be in good shape. Although I would prefer having Greivis as the 6th man/Manu Ginobili role rather than the starting pg. 2Pat is really good, excellent jump shooter. Nando was decent, despite his limited role. He showed his excellent ball IQ and his experience coming from the Spurs system.
    How does the Salmons trade possibly affect Lowry's likelihood of staying?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    How does the Salmons trade possibly affect Lowry's likelihood of staying?
    Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I wasn't that impressed by De colo either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?
    He's a SG but undersized.He scores on drives and can't handle PnR. This trade is weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    He's a SG but undersized.He scores on drives and can't handle PnR. This trade is weird.
    I think it's a great trade, Williams is an expiring, but the best part is another young prospect who has great defensive potential.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    I think it's a great trade, Williams is an expiring, but the best part is another young prospect who has great defensive potential.
    There are reports he may sign with another team in Spain. Unless MU knows for certain he is coming this trade is odd.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know....Nando was still really erratic. He played well for 3 games when Lowry went down. But that's a mighty small sample size. Every other time he played you didn't know if he was going to go for 5 pts and 3 asts, or 0 pts and 4 tos.
    De Colo never had the minutes to prove himself, that's the problem. I do think he can be a solid backup if given the minutes, he seems to have high basketball IQ and he just needs more minutes and confidence.

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information