Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Bebe is good enough to play backup C for around 15min/game
    Even less if you stick with a solid 3 man rotation of Jonas, Amir, and 2 Pat... Bebe might play 5 or 6 mins or more if the match ups dictate the need for more size

Comment

• We know have two Brazilians with super long arms who are both projects.

I want to see them play.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I hope Masai did his homework on Bebe's attitude. Last thing we need is a lazy bum messing up our Bruno.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          Even less if you stick with a solid 3 man rotation of Jonas, Amir, and 2 Pat... Bebe might play 5 or 6 mins or more if the match ups dictate the need for more size
          I just feel like that instead of trying to match up with other teams and going small ball, we should pick up a nicely sized backup C still, and make teams match up with us.

A 2nd Line of Okafor + 2Pat would be pretty good. Then again, if Bebe can do 80% of what Okafor does, at a fraction of the cost, tha'ts not so bad either.

We still also have Hayes too.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I have no clue what you're talking about. The Spurs always go for high % shots. They don't pass out of them into low % ones. Honestly, wtf are you even talking about?

And the reason they pass less against bad Ds is because it takes less passes to get a good shot against such Ds.
            Exactly, it not about passing. This specifically hurts teams with poor interior defense like OKC and the Heat that gamble for steals but have good defense otherwise. Against zone defenses, passes like that isn't effective but you need interior defense.

Comment

• So, payroll situation right now as I understand it is:

DeRozan: 9.5
              Johnson: 7
              Fields: 6.25
              Hayes: 5.96
              Novak: 3.68
              Valanciunas: 3.68
              Ross: 2.79
              Caboclo: 1.22
              Williams: 5.23
              Nogueira: 1.47
              Hansbrough (guaranteed): 1
              Camby: .65
              Daniels: .51
              ----------------
              subtotal: 48.94

PLUS
              Qualifying offers:
              Patterson: 4.3
              Vasquez: 3.2
              De Colo: 1.8
              ----------------
              subtotal: 9.3

Free agent cap hold:
              Lowry: 9.32

Total: 67.56

(corrections welcome)

So right now we've still got plenty of room to use the MLE, but it'll depend on how much our QO guys and Lowry get. I think we could reasonably retain all of Patterson, Vasquez, De Colo, and Lowry at around 24 million, bringing us up to 72.94. That should give us room to use $4 million of the full MLE without going into the tax, if we wanted to (anticipated tax around $77 million). We could go a little into the tax this year and use the full 5.3 million, but it probably wouldn't be worth it to burn a year.
              Last edited by octothorp; Sun Jun 29, 2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah I have no idea how John salmons could get us Lou Williams and a 7foot shot blocking prospect!

Masai is something else LMAO
                We just need him to close the deal with KL.

Comment

With this trade im sure were gonna keep DeAndre Daniels now because whos gonna backup Ross? Bruno is way to raw to be the 8th man
                  dLeague this year I'm guessing.

Comment

• Will Nogueira be with the team this season?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      I honestly feel that Lou Williams is insurance in case we can't sign Lowry and if we can either Vasq leaves or Lou basically becomes our MLE.
                      I was thinking the same thing. Or Lowry has already let the team know of his intentions

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Will Nogueira be with the team this season?
                        He's only got a 600K Buyout, and he was said to want to come over to the Hawks this upcoming season, so I would assume he will be.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing. Or Lowry has already let the team know of his intentions
                          we shell know in a few days, its speculations at best right now but Lou is an insurance to Lowry in case he bolts no doubt.

Comment

• I don't Know much about williams, but Bebe is the guy i wanted last year with giannis (you can tell i'm a fan of the bruno pick).
                            And we got them for the privilege of waiving the guy we were gonna waive ?

Masai keeps living up to he hype with every moves he makes.

Comment

• Williams had 3.5 assists per game last season to 1.5 turnovers per game which isn't too bad on 24 minutes per game. Is Williams going to be expected to play some point guard?

I feel Lowry has let Ujiri know he isn't coming back. Just a hunch.

Comment

• Bebe just sent a tweet saying he's coming to Toronto

Comment

Working...
                                X