Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSF wrote: View Post
    In that scenario, I'd vote to trade 2Pat and keep Amir. There's a lot less overlapping skills with Amir/Love than 2Pat/Love

Checkmate. Amir stays!

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
      Id love one in Brampton lol
      VANCOUVER!!!l!!!!! (wishful thinking)
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        VANCOUVER!!!l!!!!! (wishful thinking)
        Hamilton maybe? Wasn't Balsille trying to get a hockey team into an Arena there? Surely they could host a basketball team
        @Boymusic66

Comment

• Nice write up on Bebe.

http://probballreport.com/raptors-ne...ucas-nogueira/

Comment

• I can't wait to see Team Wingspan in action
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LAS VEGAS- When the Atlanta Hawks sent Lou Williams to Toronto for John Salmons in a salary dump earlier this month, former first-round pick Lucas Nogueira was involved in the trade to the Raptors as well. Throw-ins in minor trades usually aren’t profiled, but what about a seven-foot 21-year-old who can block shots and fun the floor?
              Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri said they’ve always liked his multi-faceted abilities as a big man and hopes the Raptors can help him become an important piece on the roster. Ujiri said he’s working on getting Nogueira to play in the NBA this year as well.

“The trade came about and we got him, so hopefully we can develop him,” Ujiri told SheridanHoops
              Nogueira didn’t play from May 25 until the first Summer League game on July 11, so getting back into elite basketball shape was a big Las Vegas priority for him and the team.
              “They’ve taught me so much,” Nogueira said. “Right now I’m here to improve my game and the staff has so much to teach me.”

Ujiri said that the teaching process has already started. “The coaches have been working with him, he’s worked really hard. We’re happy to see him out there [on the court],” Ujiri said.
              “He’s a smart player. He’s played in Europe at a high level, even if it wasn’t that much,” Ujiri said. “He still needs to get stronger and develop but he’s a shot blocker, he’s got great hands and he can finish. So we’ll see how he grows.”
              http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07...-with-raptors/

It is official: when it comes to talking prospects and post-trade breakdowns, Masai is the anti-Colangelo.

Comment

• Liked this bit: "Though he only played 16.6 minutes per game in 18 contests for Estudiantes, he shot 70.3 percent from the field and blocked 1.6 shots per game, or more than 4.5 blocks per 48 minutes." Albeit the Spanish League, which I assume isn't the equal of the NBA, that's a nice percentage. And it shows he has the instincts for shot blocking. Once he gets used to the NBA speed and is working within a proper team system (summer league...uuugh) he should look better than he has so far.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Liked this bit: "Though he only played 16.6 minutes per game in 18 contests for Estudiantes, he shot 70.3 percent from the field and blocked 1.6 shots per game, or more than 4.5 blocks per 48 minutes." Albeit the Spanish League, which I assume isn't the equal of the NBA, that's a nice percentage. And it shows he has the instincts for shot blocking. Once he gets used to the NBA speed and is working within a proper team system (summer league...uuugh) he should look better than he has so far.
                  No not the NBA but 2nd best league in the world.

Comment

• To shoot that percentage against competition is pretty big. I always try to guess how foreign leagues compare with top NCAA teams. My assumption is most Euroleague teams would beat most Div. 1 NCAA teams. It would be interesting to see some exhibition games between the two. Euroleague results in preseason games the last half a dozen years has been pretty close with a few wins.

Comment

To shoot that percentage against competition is pretty big. I always try to guess how foreign leagues compare with top NCAA teams. My assumption is most Euroleague teams would beat most Div. 1 NCAA teams. It would be interesting to see some exhibition games between the two. Euroleague results in preseason games the last half a dozen years has been pretty close with a few wins.
                      Spanish League teams are closer to low level NBA teams than high level NCAA. The gap between NCAA and NBA is pretty huge. The majority of UCONN's team wouldn't make a roster in the Spanish League or the NBA.

Comment

To shoot that percentage against competition is pretty big. I always try to guess how foreign leagues compare with top NCAA teams. My assumption is most Euroleague teams would beat most Div. 1 NCAA teams. It would be interesting to see some exhibition games between the two. Euroleague results in preseason games the last half a dozen years has been pretty close with a few wins.
                        The top euro teams have beat nba teams, rare but had been done.

When you get into 2nd and 3rd division teams, yeah, questionable relative to NCAA D1 teams.

Comment

Working...
                        X