Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Celtic fan reaction:

"as a Celtics fan I hate this trade Toronto has such a good front office all they do is rip people off, I know Atlanta is trying to clear cap space and all but, I dunno I wish teams would realize that trading with Toronto is stupid..."
    There is nothing you'd rather hear than other teams mad at you when you make a trade. It means you've won and LOPSIDEDLY at that.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      Those rumors are old, they've been floating around for years. It seems unlikely that there's so much smoke and no fire.

Well yes, but what do you mean by this? Do you mean that Ujiri made this trade because he wanted Lou Williams? He could've just cut Salmons and used that cap space. He likely would've found multiple options better than Lou.
      The deal is about Nogueira. Lou Williams is just a footnote.
      No he couldn't have necessarily. If 2Pat and Vasquez got offer sheets early in free agency, and Lowry was re-signed quickly, we wouldn't have cap space to sign anyone.

Plus this is way better because Lou only has 1 year left on his deal. To sign a player of his caliber in free agency you'd HAVE to give them multiple years.

Comment

• Caboclo is not ready as backup SF at 18 years old . This is James Dolan delusional. Deandre Daniels has a better shot than the Brazillian Draft pick who is not ready for prime time.

Comment

• We will have 21.65 coming off the books in 2015 including the Camby attribution from about 74 million in salaries in 2014 for 15 players.

Comment

• Even if he had cut Salmons, and he had 44 million dollars against the 63.5 cap, and he has 10 million dollars for the RFA and 9.6 million dollars for Lowry that is attributed against the cap. So there was no more monies to spend for the free agent agent you were dreaming that MU could find. Please review CBA before making statements as such.

Additionally, MU has opened for 2015 , if the salary cap is 67 million dollars approx. 24 million against the cap. With 28.5 reduction of salaries if the team wants to step away from Hayes, Fields, Hansborough, Amir and Williams (attribution for Camby).

There will be increases of 4.5 % for most players remaining on the team, that will reduce the 28.5 million dollars

Comment

• I'm pumped
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I freaking love Lou Williams, kid got crossovers and heat check 3 all day. He's great in 2k haha. And finally we got a player/rapper, about damn time.
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Does anyone know what Lou`s reactions are to the trade? His twitter is so far only filled with Atlanta stuff
                  Also, do you guys think Lou will stay in Toronto?

Comment

• I just want to say that many here are pumping up Lou Williams a little too much, he is a career 34% shooter from 3, he has had some good years, and I am sure he will show flashes for us as well, but expect low shooting percentages from the filed and stretches of inconsistency.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• As someone else noted...Lou W. was salary filler in the swap. Nogueira was the target...hence no big (C) drafted this year. Wouldnt be surprised to see Williams moved in Dec (first opportunity).

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        I just want to say that many here are pumping up Lou Williams a little too much, he is a career 34% shooter from 3, he has had some good years, and I am sure he will show flashes for us as well, but expect low shooting percentages from the filed and stretches of inconsistency.
                        34% from 3 will net more points than 50% of the same number of 2 point shots.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Plus this is way better because Lou only has 1 year left on his deal. To sign a player of his caliber in free agency you'd HAVE to give them multiple years.
                          I think Lou's caliber isn't all that great. He's a tiny decent iso scorer who can't defend a position anymore, and who's missed a lot of games over the last couple years. No one would give a player of that caliber a multi-year contract -- unless it's for much less per year than Lou's current salary. Players like that dime a dozen.

I think this is all about Nogueira. If he's not in the deal, I don't think Ujiri trades Salmons for Lou.

But Nogueira is a nice enough prospect, and he makes this a low risk, potentially good reward deal. Now we can look at Lou Williams and take everything he brings as a pure bonus.

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          No he couldn't have necessarily. If 2Pat and Vasquez got offer sheets early in free agency, and Lowry was re-signed quickly, we wouldn't have cap space to sign anyone.
                          Good point re cap space. I'm used to thinking about Raptors' cap space in terms of no Patterson and others.

Still, they'd probably be more likely to use exceptions in that scenario, as they'd have more tax room.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            He's already fully guaranteed, the deadline was June 29th
                            it's today for Psycho T, actually

doubt he gets moved though, guessing (hoping) they just cut him.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              So, payroll situation right now as I understand it is:

DeRozan: 9.5
                              Johnson: 7
                              Fields: 6.25
                              Hayes: 5.96
                              Novak: 3.68
                              Valanciunas: 3.68
                              Ross: 2.79
                              Caboclo: 1.22
                              Williams: 5.23
                              Nogueira: 1.47
                              Hansbrough (guaranteed): 1
                              Camby: .65
                              Daniels: .51
                              ----------------
                              subtotal: 48.94

PLUS
                              Qualifying offers:
                              Patterson: 4.3
                              Vasquez: 3.2
                              De Colo: 1.8
                              ----------------
                              subtotal: 9.3

Free agent cap hold:
                              Lowry: 9.32

Total: 67.56

(corrections welcome)

So right now we've still got plenty of room to use the MLE, but it'll depend on how much our QO guys and Lowry get. I think we could reasonably retain all of Patterson, Vasquez, De Colo, and Lowry at around 24 million, bringing us up to 72.94. That should give us room to use $4 million of the full MLE without going into the tax, if we wanted to (anticipated tax around $77 million). We could go a little into the tax this year and use the full 5.3 million, but it probably wouldn't be worth it to burn a year.
                              A couple quick corrections. Hansbrough is guaranteed now. QO's don't mean much - the players with QO's have cap holds that are much higher, for example almost 8M for Patterson. That would be replaced by what he signs for, but I wouldn't bet on Patterson or Vasquez signing for an amount near their QO - if they were getting that offer, they'd just take the QO and hit the free agent market the following summer to really make money. Also, the QO amounts for GV and PP are wrong, as the starter criteria changed them, but as I said, it doesn't really matter much.

The rest of your totals are pretty close, although you should note that 1st rounders tend to sign for 120% of the slot amount, so BeBe and Bruno's salaries will be a bit higher.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Here's my breakdown of the Raps' salary situation for this year.

2014-15:

DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
                                Amir Johnson $7,000,000 (5 M guar)
                                Landry Fields $6,250,000
                                Chuck Hayes $5,958,750
                                Lou Williams $5,450,000
                                Steve Novak $3,445,947
                                Jonas Valanciunas $3,678,360
                                Tyler Hansbrough $3,326,235 (fully guaranteed now)
                                Terrence Ross $2,793,960
                                Julyan Stone $948,163 (unguaranteed until 7th July)
                                Dwight Buycks $816,482 (unguaranteed until 22nd July)
                                Marcus Camby $646,609 (buyout)

Kyle Lowry $9,315,000 (cap hold)
                                Patrick Patterson $7,763,253 (cap hold; $3,557,174* QO)
                                Greivis Vasquez $5,375,470 (cap hold; $3,898,090* QO)
                                Nando de Colo $1,901,900 (cap hold; $1,828,750 QO)
                                Lucas (BeBe) Nogueira $1,419,200 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,703,040)
                                Bruno Caboclo $1,215,300 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,458,360)

Above roster, with all free agents released (not incl draft picks), and Stone and Buycks waived: $51,718,597

With cap holds, well over cap (77M range).

Estimated:
                                Cap: 63.2 M
                                Tax: 77 M
                                Apron/Hard Cap: 81 M

*Starter criteria adjusted QO

So that leaves 25.3M for Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, de Colo and the MLE. If you want to use the full MLE, that's 5.3M right there, leaving 20M for Lowry and the other 3. Maybe you let de Colo go, since you've got Williams now. Still, that's best case 10M for Lowry and 5M for the other two. Odds are you end up not using the entire MLE.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X