Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    That's something I really noticed in the vids - he's got that awkward, tippy toe approach around the rim and on offensive boards, where he'll contort his body and almost volleys the ball back in - just like Amir.
    And his rebounding numbers are distorted because he doesn't grab the ball but he tips it to a player that can.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      He's pretty much Amir
      Amir being 7'0' tall with a 7'6' wingspan
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Amir being 7'0' tall with a 7'6' wingspan
        Same lack of strength. Does other things really well. Bebe is a PF not a center.

Comment

• Masai is a master mind! I Know it, you know it, we all know it.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            He's pretty much Amir
            Does bebe have good touch like Amir does?
            I think Amir has a pretty good touch around the basket and with the ball
            Problem is, Amir really lacks foot work and body is really imbalanced when he drives

Does Bebe have a good touch like Amir does? Like is he good at scoring without dunking?
            What would you say about his footwork?

Comment

• you people drive me nuts sometimes.

This is win PERIOD.

1.) Lou Williams will be rounding into form this season...look at the timeline for anyone recovering from ACL surgery.
              2.) If for some reason he goes back to his old self...well then we have the following
              a.) valuable trade chip
              b.) bird rights to a 6th man of the year candidate
              3.) If for some reason he regresses his contract has value as
              a.) expiring
              b.) trade ballast
              4.) Bebe has Javale McGee like wingspan and a high motor
              5.) Bebe would most assuredly be a 1st round pick this year (probably in the 20s instead of the teens)
              6.) At worst he would be an early 2nd rounder (30 - 35)
              7.) Tendinitis is a very treatable knee injury. He hasn't blown an ACL or anything.
              8.) Bebe along with Bruno have all the resources and time in the world to develop into what we want them to be.

If you are trying to find a negative in this trade you need to seek professional help.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Where are you getting this shit from? The guy just won defensive player of the year in the second best basketball league in the world. Lack of improvement? So I'm assuming you watched all of Bebe's games the past 2 years to help you form that opinion, or you're just talking out your ass (far more likely).

I am a Hawks fan as well and this is a fucking steal for Toronto. I watched most of the Hawks summer league games and Bebe is a shot blocking machine. Atlanta is betting the farm on getting Deng or Melo and Masai just took advantage of it, stealing their high upside center prospect (although ATL added another C prospect in the draft which probably made them more amenable to dealing Bebe).

Also, Lou Williams is a huge upgrade over Salmons. Even post-ACL he has an above average TS% of .547 and he is a better defender than Salmons too. Add in the fact that he can run the point if you need him to and the trade looks even better. We were desperately thin at SG and needed bench scoring, Williams helps with both of those.

If Lowry comes back Vasquez is gone for sure, so that should alleviate people's salary concerns. Bringing back Tyler also gives us insurance in case PPat gets a big offer we don't wanna match. Why some of you insist on poo-pooing everything Raptors related is beyond me. This trade was a huge huge win. Quit being a curmudgeon and celebrate for once.
                Curmudgeon.

LOL

Comment

• People wondering why ATL would give up Bebe, don't forget they just draft Walter Tavares in second round
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 7 million in cap space is of a shit load of value to ATL who if they could add someone like Deng to Millsap and Horford, would be off to the races so to speak
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      People wondering why ATL would give up Bebe, don't forget they just draft Walter Tavares in second round
                      But isn`t bebe a better prospect than Tavares? not necessarily in terms of potential but in terms of what he has to offer this year

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        7 million in cap space is of a shit load of value to ATL who if they could add someone like Deng to Millsap and Horford, would be off to the races so to speak
                        Technically 4 million. They could have not done the buyout for Bebe and would be paying 5 mil for Louuuuu.

Now they're only paying the 1 mil for our boy Salmons.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          Technically 4 million. They could have not done the buyout for Bebe and would be paying 5 mil for Louuuuu.

Now they're only paying the 1 mil for our boy Salmons.
                          Atlanta has enough cap room to get Deng and maybe Avery Bradley. That makes them a scary defensive team. They nearly beat the Pacers without Horford (everyone forgets their All Star center was injured all year).

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                            But isn`t bebe a better prospect than Tavares? not necessarily in terms of potential but in terms of what he has to offer this year
                            Well, they wanted to clear cap room for this year, and BeBe was making noises about wanting to come over right away - which eats into cap space. You don't want a disgruntled draft pick, so they decided to move him and draft another big man to stash overseas (who might stay there longer).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

2. Bebe has knee problems, and for a center knee problems are one of the three things you don't want to hear about (foot and back are the other two). There is some question if he can ever be a starting center because of those knee issues. That's why Atlanta was willing to deal him.
                              You're mixing up very different issues here. Knee is just a joint, a location. The problem with big mans health, is they are much heavier, and have a much higher center of gravity, making supporting and balancing their body an excrutiating task for their bone structure because of the rigors of not only playing but training and practicing in the NBA or any professional sports.

Bebe's problem is knee tendinitis, as it has nothing to do with the bones themselves but is an inflamation of the tendons that attach around the knee, which ones ? only is doctor knows but could be quads, hamstrings or the stabilizing tendons like ACL, MCL.

In other words his body is not falling apart at the core because of genetics, but proper strength training & streching, some Yoga, should keep him on the court for a long career, and last i checked we had one of the best in the league in Alex McKechnie. So i wouldn't be too worried about his health yet.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Atlanta has enough cap room to get Deng and maybe Avery Bradley. That makes them a scary defensive team. They nearly beat the Pacers without Horford (everyone forgets their All Star center was injured all year).
                                Deng really isn't the defensive stopper people set him out to be. He was a product of Thibodeau's system. Bradley is a defensive difference maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X