Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Bebe is good enough to play backup C for around 15min/game
    For one of the worst teams in Spain, yes. For a playoff team in the NBA next season, I doubt it.

In general, I think it would be better to bring him over. There have been reports regarding his lack of work ethic and poor attitude, so it seems better to have him near the Raptors staff.

But I wouldn't want to depend on him to perform well. Nor would I want to depend on any of the rookies. The Raptors should have a core 8-9 vet rotation. Then give rookies chances to break into that rotation through the year. But I doubt that any of them is good enough to be a rotation player for a playoff team next year. So, give them chances, but don't depend on them.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      For one of the worst teams in Spain, yes. For a playoff team in the NBA next season, I doubt it.

In general, I think it would be better to bring him over. There have been reports regarding his lack of work ethic and poor attitude, so it seems better to have him near the Raptors staff.

But I wouldn't want to depend on him to perform well. Nor would I want to depend on any of the rookies. The Raptors should have a core 8-9 vet rotation. Then give rookies chances to break into that rotation through the year. But I doubt that any of them is good enough to be a rotation player for a playoff team next year. So, give them chances, but don't depend on them.
      The trouble was Atlanta wanted him to gain weight and the extra weight caused tendinitis in his knee. He had to leave his Spanish team and come to the US for treatment. The Spanish team got angry and there was an incident between Atlanta vs ACB. He wasn't a head case but caused a lot of problems. This led to him possibly signing another deal in Spain.

Comment

• I'd be okay with a Hayes/Nogueira platoon at backup C next year. Give Nogueira the minutes when you can, and give Hayes the minutes against veterans who are having their way with the young guy (or when a late-shot-clock, one-footed jumper is required). It's not likely to be a big step forward, but it's not a step backwards either. But I think that at best (which assumes we retain Lowry), next season is going to be a bit of a treading-water season, until guys like Hayes and Fields (and now Williams) come off the books and we can add a key FA or two, and make a bigger jump in 2015/16.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          Williams had 3.5 assists per game last season to 1.5 turnovers per game which isn't too bad on 24 minutes per game. Is Williams going to be expected to play some point guard?

I feel Lowry has let Ujiri know he isn't coming back. Just a hunch.
          Other teams can't speak to Lowry yet. So he hasn't received any offers. It would be beyond dumb to say no to the Raptors before he has a deal in front of him. So I don't think so.

No point to read too much into Williams. The Raptors took on his contract to get Nogueira. It's cool that Lou is an ok-ish backup and should have a place in the rotation. But for Ujiri, this deal is probably just about Nogueira. Replace Lou with some other expiring, this deal still probably happens.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Other teams can't speak to Lowry yet. So he hasn't received any offers. It would be beyond dumb to say no to the Raptors before he has a deal in front of him. So I don't think so.

No point to read too much into Williams. The Raptors took on his contract to get Nogueira. It's cool that Lou is an ok-ish backup and should have a place in the rotation. But for Ujiri, this deal is probably just about Nogueira. Replace Lou with some other expiring, this deal still probably happens.
            Lou is still an upgrade over Salmons.

Comment

• Haha we just went from

the team if Dunkers (McGrady carter)
              To the team of euros (bargnani calderone)
              Back to team of Dunkers (ross gay derozan)
              To the team of brazilians (bruno bebe)

Haha amazing
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I think Masai has proven himself to the point of avoiding people saying "Well we thought Colangelo was a genius his first year too."

We just got the 16th pick of last years draft AND a proven guy that can score and be a contributor, albeit coming off a bad year in exchange for the Hawks saving 4 mil in cap space.

Nuts. Just nuts.

Comment

• Lou is not a point guard. He can handle the ball but that doesn't make you a point guard. If he's insurance for Lowry leaving Masai isn't as smart as we think. I don't understand why almost everyone is reading soooo much into everything that happens. Jeez. Also I doubt if we resign Lowry, Vasquez and Patterson that we will have money for BOTH a backup center and backup small forward. So we will have to live with a rookie getting decent minutes somewhere. Whether it's Bebe or Bruno because I wouldn't want to rely on Fields. Especially since Fields most likely won't be with us next season anyway.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• General observations from the hawks forums are that they don't like the trade. Then they seem to think it's ok because it's setting up a move for something else. So glad we profit by another team trying to plan for "something else".

Comment

• We have a new boss, bromigos.

Comment

• welp add too more assets to the pile we got for Rudy
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          welp add too more assets to the pile we got for Rudy
                          Lol so in hindsight we got Patterson greasy chuckster bebe and Williams

Wow #thankyoubasedmasai
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            The trouble was Atlanta wanted him to gain weight and the extra weight caused tendinitis in his knee. He had to leave his Spanish team and come to the US for treatment. The Spanish team got angry and there was an incident between Atlanta vs ACB. He wasn't a head case but caused a lot of problems. This led to him possibly signing another deal in Spain.
                            Those rumors are old, they've been floating around for years. It seems unlikely that there's so much smoke and no fire.

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Lou is still an upgrade over Salmons.
                            Well yes, but what do you mean by this? Do you mean that Ujiri made this trade because he wanted Lou Williams? He could've just cut Salmons and used that cap space. He likely would've found multiple options better than Lou.
                            The deal is about Nogueira. Lou Williams is just a footnote.

Comment

• Looooooooooooooooooooool

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                General observations from the hawks forums are that they don't like the trade. Then they seem to think it's ok because it's setting up a move for something else. So glad we profit by another team trying to plan for "something else".
                                Obviously they must have a plan. Likely some pretty realistic plan. Maybe Deng or something.

We'll see what happens there. If their free agency plans fail, it's obviously a bad trade for them. But if they pull it off (whatever they want to pull off), this might be a good trade for both teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X