No announcement yet.

Official: Salmons & '15 2nd round pick to Hawks for Williams & Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ajchawks: Real GM Report: Waiver deadline extended on Salmons. http://t.co/QoGPtmIO7i #ATLHawks

I have no idea how this deadline can be extended, but it appears to have been.

Since it is part of his contract, wouldn't Salmons have to agree to this as well? Extending deadline basically costs him $6mil, so how does this happen without consulting him?
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
      @ajchawks: Real GM Report: Waiver deadline extended on Salmons. http://t.co/QoGPtmIO7i #ATLHawks

I have no idea how this deadline can be extended, but it appears to have been.

Since it is part of his contract, wouldn't Salmons have to agree to this as well? Extending deadline basically costs him $6mil, so how does this happen without consulting him?
      Salmons agreed to it. It basically just allows ATL to have time to move Salmons to another team in a subsequent trade if one comes up.

Comment

• BOOM MU done did it
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• wait, second round pick?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            wait, second round pick?
            Yeah, that was reported last night too (I think). They had to give'em something I guess.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              wait, second round pick?
              makes more sense now.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                makes more sense now.
                Still totally worth it! This is why Ujiri gets the big bucks.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  makes more sense now.
                  If Williams is flipped either this summer or before deadline, should be easy to replace the second rounder. And with the youth that we already had, and the recent young additions (Bruno, The new DD, and Bebe), it makes second rounders easier to swallow as trade sweeteners.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Second rounders are not that valuable
                    How many of them actually become NBA players?
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Are we allowed to trade Lou before the season starts or is there a limitation to trading a guy you just traded for?

Someone already asked this but I don't think it's been answered yet.

Comment

• So in the span of 5 days we've added some serious length to our team

DD2 6'9 7'2 Wingspan
                        Bebe 7footer 7'6 Wingspan
                        Bruno 6'9 7'7 Wingspan
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Very nice. I love that even after this past successful season, MU is looking to add more youth with loads of upside. He knows this team still has a long way to go - maintain flexibility and don't make panic moves.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Are we allowed to trade Lou before the season starts or is there a limitation to trading a guy you just traded for?

Someone already asked this but I don't think it's been answered yet.
                            If we trade William alone it can take place immediately but with another player it would take 60 days. Teams circumvent this however. AFAIK.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              If we trade William alone it can take place immediately but with another player it would take 60 days. Teams circumvent this however. AFAIK.
                              So we can't package him which means at least one roster spot will be taken by Lou/whoever he's traded for in the case that he's traded.

Since we already have DD, TRoss, Amir, JV, Bruno, Fields, Novak, Tyler, Bebe, Hayes, Lou and soon enough Lowry, that's 12 roster spots taken.

That leaves us 3 spots to sign a back up PG, since we can't count on Lou, a back up PF since we can't count on Hansbrough and a back up wing since we can't count on Bruno/Fields/Novak.

Patterson's the obvious fit for PF, Greivis would be the preferred choice for PG but we could go for Nando if we need the money.

Which leaves Masai with the task of finding us a back up SF to start the season.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Second rounders are not that valuable
                                How many of them actually become NBA players?
                                Not a lot become NBA Players, but they still have solid value, not really in trades but to a team that knows how to draft well.

Basically every draft has impact players or starter-level players in the 2nd round. Occasionally stars can fall there too.

2012: Draymond Green,
                                2011: Kyle Singler, Chandler Parsons, Isaiah Thomas
                                2010: Landry Fields, Lance Stephenson
                                2009: Patty Mills, Danny Green, Patrick Beverley, Chase Budinger, Marcus Thornton, Jodie Meeks, DeJaun Blair, Jonas Jerebko
                                2008: Nikola Pekovic, Mario Chalmers, DeAndre Jordan, Omer Asik, Luc Mbah a Moute,
                                2007: Carl Landry, Glen Davis, Josh McRoberts, Marc Gasol, Ramon Sessions
                                2006: Steve Novak, P.J. Tucker, Paul Millsap,
                                2005: Brandon Bass, CJ Miles, Ersan Ilyasova, Lou Williams, Andray Blatche, Amir Johnson, Marcin Gortat
                                2004: Anderson Varejao, Trevor Ariza,
                                2003: Jason Kapono, Steve Blake, Mo Wiliams, Kyle Korver

So as you can see, a 2nd round pick can be a good way to pick up a role player on the cheap or even a starter if you scout very well and get lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X