Thread: Masai's Miracle

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Masai's Miracle

With Miralce 1, Masai managed to flip Salmons + 2nd rounder (2015 - possibly in the 45-60 range) for Bebe and Louis Williams who are both first rounders and could be potential backup for years to come for the Raptors. Louis Williams is a slasher of a SG/PG who can distribute much more than Salmons, younger, faster, and wiser whereas Bebe, a 16th pick from last year has yet to show why he's the new kid of a Center who can block shots and provide us with that interior D so to give resting time for Valanciunas when playoff comes around. So I was wondering if Masai can pull off another miracle trade involving players like Fields, Hansborough, Hayes, and Novak.

Propose No1
    Fields, Hansborough, NYK 2016 pick for Danilo Galinari, Nate Robinson

Propose No2
    Hayes for Cleveland's 2nd round pick (2015)

Propose No3
    Novak or Jason Richardson

Resign Vazquez + 2Pat (Have Lowry Walk)

Our Depth Chart (Without Signing Lowry due to Contract Overload)
    Vazquez/Robinson/DeColo
    DeRozan/Louis Williams/J-Rich
    T-Ross/Galinari/D.Daniels
    Amir/2Pat
    Val/Bebe

Our front court may be thin but all four of Amir, 2Pat, Val, Bebe can interchange with one another, on nights we might have 2Pat and Amir as our 4 and 5.

I like this lineups, we have some good backups in Robinson, L-Williams, and Galinari.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallinari would be starting in our lineup instead of Ross, and you're forgetting Bruno and were he'd be placed. Not a fan of all the trades, but the 1st proposal is a good idea.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno won't play this year, give him another 2-3 years of development in the Brazilian league. Galinari won't start ahead of Ross because of his injury prone, a decent 6th man, a better version of Hedo Turkolu.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Bruno won't play this year, give him another 2-3 years of development in the Brazilian league. Galinari won't start ahead of Ross because of his injury prone, a decent 6th man, a better version of Hedo Turkolu.
    Bruno will be with the Raptors next season. MU has stated he'll be in the DLeague and with the Team, depending on his play.

Gallo is owed 2Yrs/22.4M, Nate is owed 1Yr/2.1M

TH is owed 1Yr/3.3M, Fields is owed 1Yr/8.5M

So it's 13.2M for 11.8M, I think the Salaries are relatively ok there. I'd actually love to move Hayes, instead of TH @ 1Yr/6M. Salaries also match up, but I feel like we'd have to ship 2 Second Rounders to ditch Hayes.

Only reason why I see Denver doing this, is if they believe Gallo won't return to anywhere near his previous form, and want to shed his salary. I feel like we might have to give up a 2nd Rounder to make it a little sweeter for Denver, but I'd be okay with that.

Gallo is coming back from injury. Ross would start ahead of him, but they could interchange depending on how Gallo plays.

Amending this right now, here's some new thoughts after Lowry's resigned:

Would still make the trade, I think it could help us, but would revise it to:

Fields + Hayes + 2 2nd Rounders for Gallo/Nate.

It might seem like a little bit too much, but, I think it's worth it.

After that, we flip Nate, who could be sent to a team looking for some extra punch off the bench, for maybe a 2nd Round Pick, or even keep him, but I don't think he's looking to be 3rd String to be honest.

And sign Okafor to a backup C.

That would be interesting for our Depth Charts.

Lowry/Vasquez/Robinson
    Derozan/Williams/Novak
    Ross/Gallo/Caboclo
    Amir/PPat/TH
    JV/Okafor/Bebe

Our bench gets much improved scoring from Lou, Gallo, great rim protection from Okafor, and we keep Vasquez who we know is very capable of running the second unit.

In addition, if Vasquez doesn't end up being kept, we still have Robinson. That makes our second unit quite small, and difficult to guard the bigger backup SGs, but we can retain DeColo for that, he's about 6'4 I believe.

Our only issue is that we take on an extra 11M of salary for 2015 for Gallo, but at the same time, we've saved that essentially from Lowry.

11M in Expiring Contracts with Robinson/Williams/TH.

Worth it? I think it could be. In 2016 with Gallo/Novak coming off the books, that would 15M Expiring, which would line up with having to resign DeMar.

Would allow us to give DeMar a raise, and still have room for another 10/11M Player then too.
    Last edited by phiLLy; Wed Jul 2nd, 2014 at 11:44 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Impossible now, with Lowry staying, we will have to see if we can acquire both Vazquez and 2Pat or retain one of the two, I personally go with Vazquez since we can possibly lure Durant here in 2016; but we will see. I like 2Pat but it looks like Phoenix might be into him. Perhaps 2Pat sign and trade for E.Okafor and have him be as our primary backup C with either Tyler Hansborough or Hayes as our backup PF.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Impossible now, with Lowry staying, we will have to see if we can acquire both Vazquez and 2Pat or retain one of the two, I personally go with Vazquez since we can possibly lure Durant here in 2016; but we will see. I like 2Pat but it looks like Phoenix might be into him. Perhaps 2Pat sign and trade for E.Okafor and have him be as our primary backup C with either Tyler Hansborough or Hayes as our backup PF.
    I do not want Hayes as our backup PF, please god no. Would rather have Tyler, but even then. I think PPat becomes a little expendable, if we have Williams to help put some points on the board.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Emeka even play? I don't want to sign and trade the Raptors' best bench player for a declining center who's missed a year.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep GV and PPat and exclude De Colo , you have between 4 or 5 million to spend. Would you spend 4/26 million for Hawes as your backup centre and amnesty Hayes.
    Lowry/ GV/Lou
    DD/ Lou
    TRoss/Fields/Novak
    Amir/ PPat/ psycho
    JV / Hawes/ Bebe
    Total salary-75 million GV -4.2. & PP- 6.25

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone want okafor instead of Jordan Hill, okafor is not As athletic or does everyone believe we can squeeze him under veterans minimum. Than we can trade Hansborough for matt Barnes, who is a hard ass defender.
    Last edited by Heatdreamer; Fri Jul 4th, 2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Adding the first name

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Why does everyone want okafor instead of Jordan Hill, okafor is not As athletic or does everyone believe we can squeeze him under veterans minimum. Than we can trade Hansborough for matt Barnes, who is a hard ass defender.
    I dont think its okafor they like over more than hill. Its just the money it would take to get hill wouldnt be worth it. Especially when okafor is coming off injuries and could be a cheap risk reward move.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheap risk are you signing okafor for vets minimum - otherwise penny wise pound foolish. Spend 4 million for 1 year deal for Jordan Hill. Than decide.
    Still believe you trade Gay's TPE for Matt Barnes plus Reggie Bullock. Bruno or BeBe stashed overseas for 1 more year makes more sense to me. The value of Barnes and Bullockis 4.7 million plus Okafor at vets minimum is 1.3 plus GV at 4.5 = 10.5 and the team is under the luxury tax by approx. $600,000.

Thread Information