Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players don't wanna play in Toronto? No players DO they just don't wanna LOSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    This. I don't mind DD and Ross handling the 3 spot again, with Bruno getting spot minutes. Even better would be if Fields gets his game back.
    Fields can handle 15-20 MPG as is. He could take on 30+ if he had his 3 point shot at 35%+ again. Won't happen though.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Fields can handle 15-20 MPG as is. He could take on 30+ if he had his 3 point shot at 35%+ again. Won't happen though.
      Excuse me?
      We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
        Excuse me?
        Fields brings enough to the table that even with no jumpshot from more than 8 feet out, he is a net positive on the floor. He may be the best defender on the team, and his constant movement, and intelligent passing means the other team needs to guard him. He also sets smart screens.

In my opinion Casey worried too much about offense last season, hence kept Fields off the floor. He should have worried more about defense. If Fields hadn't been suffering from back spasms (or whatever it was) he would have played more than Salmons in the first round and the Raps would have made it to the second round. I believe that.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Fields brings enough to the table that even with no jumpshot from more than 8 feet out, he is a net positive on the floor. He may be the best defender on the team, and his constant movement, and intelligent passing means the other team needs to guard him. He also sets smart screens.

In my opinion Casey worried too much about offense last season, hence kept Fields off the floor. He should have worried more about defense. If Fields hadn't been suffering from back spasms (or whatever it was) he would have played more than Salmons in the first round and the Raps would have made it to the second round. I believe that.
          He can only play 15-20 if barely any of those minutes feature DD. A lowry-DD-Fields-Amir-JV lineup would kill spacing. even putting him at the 4 and putting ross in doesn't work that well. I'd want him to primarily play with Ross and 2Pat
          @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
            He can only play 15-20 if barely any of those minutes feature DD. A lowry-DD-Fields-Amir-JV lineup would kill spacing. even putting him at the 4 and putting ross in doesn't work that well. I'd want him to primarily play with Ross and 2Pat
            Fields is DONE !!! The guy can not shoot outside of 8 feet !!! how can you be a SF or SG at NBA and not be able to shoot the ball !! He is intelligent and a good passer ... I give you that but that is not enough at this level of competition. As far as lock down defender I don't know where this myth is coming from ...

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
              Fields is DONE !!! The guy can not shoot outside of 8 feet !!! how can you be a SF or SG at NBA and not be able to shoot the ball !! He is intelligent and a good passer ... I give you that but that is not enough at this level of competition. As far as lock down defender I don't know where this myth is coming from ...
              Uhm, I don't know, watching him play good defense everytime he hits the court? And that's why you need to pair him with a sweet-shooting big man. You can still open up the lane if you have smart passing and three shooters on the court.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                Well, DD sits for about 10-12 minutes a game. In that time, you'd see either Lowry-GV at the 1-2 or GV-Williams or GV-Ross. All those combinations shoot very well. The all you have to do is make sure when Landry plays, Patterson does too (which he mostly will be as Casey likes to do mass substitutions). Then you've got typical lineups like GV-LW-Fields-PP-JV or KL-Ross-Fields-PP-Amir. Loads of spacing in those lineups.

Frankly it would be hard not to find 10-12 good minutes for Fields. And I think I've been overshooting it with 15-20 minutes. If Williams gets any meaningful minutes, best case scenario I can see for our backup SF is about 10 MPG (DD and Ross will spend a decent amount of time there with guys like GV and Williams eating up time at the 2).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Fields plays over Bruno I could see our rotation looking like this:

PG: Lowry (30)/Vasquez (18)
                  SG: DeRozan (25)/Lou (20)/Vasquez (3)
                  SF: Ross (28)/DeRozan (10)/Fields (10)
                  PF: Amir (23)/2Pat (25)
                  C: Valanciunas (30)/Nogueira (15)/Amir (3)

DeRozan: 35mpg
                  Lowry: 30mpg
                  Valanciunas: 30mpg
                  Ross: 28mpg
                  Amir: 26mpg
                  2Pat: 25mpg
                  Vasquez: 21mpg
                  Lou: 20mpg
                  Nogueira: 15mpg
                  Fields: 10mpg

Comment

Working...