Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Players don't wanna play in Toronto? No players DO they just don't wanna LOSE!

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Paul Pierce is probably gone too, he wasn't happy about Kidd leaving. Clippers most likely to sign him according to theScore
    He'd look nice playing in Toronto

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Hate to admit it, but I would have no problem having PP on the Raps.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    He'd be a nice fit but I could't bring myself to let him play for us
    "I need to work on my head"

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

No thanks on Pierce. Yuck.

I think we are set. Re-sign our free agents and give the draft picks a shot at 3rd string SF duties.

5. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    No thanks on Pierce. Yuck.

I think we are set. Re-sign our free agents and give the draft picks a shot at 3rd string SF duties.
    This. I don't mind DD and Ross handling the 3 spot again, with Bruno getting spot minutes. Even better would be if Fields gets his game back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    This. I don't mind DD and Ross handling the 3 spot again, with Bruno getting spot minutes. Even better would be if Fields gets his game back.
    Fields can handle 15-20 MPG as is. He could take on 30+ if he had his 3 point shot at 35%+ again. Won't happen though.

8. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Dwane Casey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Fields can handle 15-20 MPG as is. He could take on 30+ if he had his 3 point shot at 35%+ again. Won't happen though.
    Excuse me?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
    Excuse me?
    Fields brings enough to the table that even with no jumpshot from more than 8 feet out, he is a net positive on the floor. He may be the best defender on the team, and his constant movement, and intelligent passing means the other team needs to guard him. He also sets smart screens.

In my opinion Casey worried too much about offense last season, hence kept Fields off the floor. He should have worried more about defense. If Fields hadn't been suffering from back spasms (or whatever it was) he would have played more than Salmons in the first round and the Raps would have made it to the second round. I believe that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Fields brings enough to the table that even with no jumpshot from more than 8 feet out, he is a net positive on the floor. He may be the best defender on the team, and his constant movement, and intelligent passing means the other team needs to guard him. He also sets smart screens.

In my opinion Casey worried too much about offense last season, hence kept Fields off the floor. He should have worried more about defense. If Fields hadn't been suffering from back spasms (or whatever it was) he would have played more than Salmons in the first round and the Raps would have made it to the second round. I believe that.
    He can only play 15-20 if barely any of those minutes feature DD. A lowry-DD-Fields-Amir-JV lineup would kill spacing. even putting him at the 4 and putting ross in doesn't work that well. I'd want him to primarily play with Ross and 2Pat
    @Boymusic66

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    He can only play 15-20 if barely any of those minutes feature DD. A lowry-DD-Fields-Amir-JV lineup would kill spacing. even putting him at the 4 and putting ross in doesn't work that well. I'd want him to primarily play with Ross and 2Pat
    Fields is DONE !!! The guy can not shoot outside of 8 feet !!! how can you be a SF or SG at NBA and not be able to shoot the ball !! He is intelligent and a good passer ... I give you that but that is not enough at this level of competition. As far as lock down defender I don't know where this myth is coming from ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Fields is DONE !!! The guy can not shoot outside of 8 feet !!! how can you be a SF or SG at NBA and not be able to shoot the ball !! He is intelligent and a good passer ... I give you that but that is not enough at this level of competition. As far as lock down defender I don't know where this myth is coming from ...
    Uhm, I don't know, watching him play good defense everytime he hits the court? And that's why you need to pair him with a sweet-shooting big man. You can still open up the lane if you have smart passing and three shooters on the court.
    @Boymusic66

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Well, DD sits for about 10-12 minutes a game. In that time, you'd see either Lowry-GV at the 1-2 or GV-Williams or GV-Ross. All those combinations shoot very well. The all you have to do is make sure when Landry plays, Patterson does too (which he mostly will be as Casey likes to do mass substitutions). Then you've got typical lineups like GV-LW-Fields-PP-JV or KL-Ross-Fields-PP-Amir. Loads of spacing in those lineups.

Frankly it would be hard not to find 10-12 good minutes for Fields. And I think I've been overshooting it with 15-20 minutes. If Williams gets any meaningful minutes, best case scenario I can see for our backup SF is about 10 MPG (DD and Ross will spend a decent amount of time there with guys like GV and Williams eating up time at the 2).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If Fields plays over Bruno I could see our rotation looking like this:

PG: Lowry (30)/Vasquez (18)
    SG: DeRozan (25)/Lou (20)/Vasquez (3)
    SF: Ross (28)/DeRozan (10)/Fields (10)
    PF: Amir (23)/2Pat (25)
    C: Valanciunas (30)/Nogueira (15)/Amir (3)

DeRozan: 35mpg
    Lowry: 30mpg
    Valanciunas: 30mpg
    Ross: 28mpg
    Amir: 26mpg
    2Pat: 25mpg
    Vasquez: 21mpg
    Lou: 20mpg
    Nogueira: 15mpg
    Fields: 10mpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information