Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry in the bag. Now we need 2Pat, GV, a backup center, and Vince Carter! Trade Lou Williams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A S&T Lou Williams -Vince Carter might benefit both Mavs and Toronto.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Patterson is better.. but might be much more expensive.. that's my point. You could replace him with a guy that can defend large wings (Patterson can't do that). Marion might not like Toronto when he was here.. but things change. He could be looking for minutes, and Toronto could offer that.
      I think Patterson is worth what Orlando is offering him. But I guess that's just me. He's young, he can shoot, he can defend, he athletic, he mobile, he has high bball iq, he's a hard worker, he plays hard every game, he makes life much easier for a lot of our guys because he stretches the floor, he's a good teammate, he strong etc. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about him. He's worth 7 mill to me. When he came to our team he made me realize how badly we needed a stretch big. Him being able to play decent D made it even better.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I still haven't seen a firm offer from Orlando to Pat. Maybe I missed it?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I still haven't seen a firm offer from Orlando to Pat. Maybe I missed it?
          It could just be rumours right now because they haven't officially offered it to him yet. We are just speaking as in what if it's true.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            It could just be rumours right now because they haven't officially offered it to him yet. We are just speaking as in what if it's true.
            But I literally haven't seen any dollar amount about it anywhere. So anything is complete speculation. For all we know they haven't made any kind of real offer and just had a meet and greet to gauge if there's mutual interest.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Well PPat is restricted so it's entirely up to us if he's gone or not. Stretch 4's are at a premium and will be in the future as well. It's good business to lock up PPat and not let him walk, not to mention how much better he makes us as a team.

Where is all the interest in GV? Haven't heard of him talking to any other teams yet.

Thank goodness we get first crack but if Orlando is offering $7+ he's definitely gone. Personally I'm happy no one's calling on GV, it may be because he's already indicated his strong desire to return here so he's put it out there that he's off limits..

Comment

I say bring back both GV and 2Pat and try our best to sign a backup SF in either Carter or Thabo and somehow flip Hayes + Novak for a backup C. I say Bebe will need an extra 2-3 years to develop into a decent backup C for us.

Comment

And by the way, Pat has stated he doesn't care about starting. I'm sure on a small level he does, but he said himself all he cares about is the chance to play.

Don't know if he'd actually get more minutes in Orlando than in Toronto, at least not significantly...they have Harris, Aaron Gordon and Harkless all in the forward rotation (yes, including SF, but they can't split those minutes between 3 guys, so Harris and Gordon are likely to get some PF minutes). So would they make a crazy offer? Seems like a big investment given their situation. Not saying they wouldn't, but the emphasis would definitely be on "crazy".

Comment

If Patterson gets an offer of 4x6.25 (25M) I expect us to match it. If ORL are offering it it will be frontloaded (they are looking to reach the floor). That's 7.0M this year. That's a lot of our room under the tax. Ideally Ujiri would tell Patterson to come to him before agreeing to any deal, and we offer him the same annual amount (6.25M) but over 5 years, and backloaded, meaning a starting salary of 5.65M. Clears an additional 1.4M to help re-sign GV.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      A S&T Lou Williams -Vince Carter might benefit both Mavs and Toronto.
                      Great idea! Everything about Vince coming back works- Affordable, provides offense off the bench, decent all around game, gives mentorship to DD & TR, the storybook ending with all-star game and jersey being raised/retired, and also a potential tool to lure KD. The ACC will be electric for a couple of years..

As much as I don't mind Lou he's a little undersized and tends to be a chucker. I'm content with the KL and GV backcourt, I'd rather have Vince who I think would be a better all around fit. I think Dallas would bite!
                      Last edited by Raps76; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

I think Vasquez is more expendable than PP. I also think Lou Williams is an excellent gamble. He likely hasn't fully recovered from his injury, and just might surprise everyone by returning to his past stellar sixth-man form. (Fields just might too. You never know.) Even if he doesn't, he's still serviceable, and he makes GV less necessary than PP. Plus, we have DeColo too. GV is nice, but maybe better as trade bait when some other team loses their starting PG to injury.

If I'm Masai, I'd spend up to 7mil per year to resign PP, try my best to keep GV with a mind to possibly trade him during the upcoming season, and sit on Lou Williams no matter what just in case he is the best sleeper bargain of the season. I'd even offer PP a multi-year deal since he is young, disciplined and highly trade-able for the next few years barring injury, which he doesn't seem prone to.

There should be no fear of staying as we are from here, especially if we sign both PP and GV. Remember, we had one of the best records in the league after the Rudy Gay trade. And MU's personnel moves since then have only improved things. We're probably going to finish third or better in the East this season without any further moves, and that is with a lot of ongoing development underway. Things pretty much couldn't look any better.

Comment

Raps76 wrote: View Post
                          Great idea! Everything about Vince coming back works- Affordable, provides offense off the bench, decent all around game, gives mentorship to DD & TR, the storybook ending with all-star game and jersey being raised/retired, and also a potential tool to lure KD. The ACC will be electric for a couple of years..

As much as I don't mind Lou he's a little undersized and tends to be a chucker. I'm content with the KL and GV backcourt, I'd rather have Vince who I think would be a better all around fit. I think Dallas would bite!
                          I think it fits the cap space time table since Lou is already on the roster. He's a cap hold for a mid-level trade.

Comment

if Patterson is being offered starting gig + $7.5mil a yr in Orlando...we can say thanks for 2013 & good luck in Orl cause we will not match that. GV is a must...he shouldn't be in too high demand given the market for PGs right now, him & Lou Williams off the bench..we are talking about 2 6th man of the year candidates on the same team. VC would be a picture perfect if we bring him back for all the reason already mentioned...but he's title chasing now and will likely re-sign in DAL or in MIA if Lebron stays with the heat. We are probably his 3rd option at best just from a legacy standpoint but at 37 he must be looking for a contender..

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              if Patterson is being offered starting gig + $7.5mil a yr in Orlando...we can say thanks for 2013 & good luck in Orl cause we will not match that. GV is a must...he shouldn't be in too high demand given the market for PGs right now, him & Lou Williams off the bench..we are talking about 2 6th man of the year candidates on the same team. VC would be a picture perfect if we bring him back for all the reason already mentioned...but he's title chasing now and will likely re-sign in DAL or in MIA if Lebron stays with the heat. We are probably his 3rd option at best just from a legacy standpoint but at 37 he must be looking for a contender..
                              Before that is said I'd rather see Masai/Raps say, "How about a S&T?"

I love Harkless potential. Still just 21. I wouldn't turn down Harris either. O'Quinn is a nice bruiser on the bench.

Obviously Orlando is looking at Gordon as a 3 right now.

Working on a S&T might help save Orlando some money too because Raps would agree not to match with a deal worked out.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Before that is said I'd rather see Masai/Raps say, "How about a S&T?"

I love Harkless potential. Still just 21. I wouldn't turn down Harris either. O'Quinn is a nice bruiser on the bench.

Obviously Orlando is looking at Gordon as a 3 right now.

Working on a S&T might help save Orlando some money too because Raps would agree not to match with a deal worked out.
                                I don't think ORL cares about the money. They are WAY below the cap floor.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X