No announcement yet.

Who's the next Harden? (Raptors related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smitty commands $12M+, why not just throw in an extra 4 and get a true star player?

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
      That's fair, he is a terrible 3pt shooter, but he's shown a willingness to not shoot 3's since in the 2009-10 season he only attempted 7 altogether!

We have to make it very clear that we're trading for him to play the role of a big. He brings elite athleticism, is an underrated passer, great defender and fills a huge need of this team; can slide over to guard the big 3's of the league when required. We'd have a stopper for Lebron, Melo, Joe Johnson, Jabari Parker etc.

He was doomed to fail from the beginning when brought into that Pistons situation and now can be had for basically nothing. What will we do with the cap space next year? Kevin Love is a pipe dream and a weak defender.. if J Smoove buys in and that's a huge IF.. I see the raps as a top 5 offense/defense team. Potentially a contender starting next year without giving away any meaningful assets today.
      Dude. He attempted 3.4 A GAME LAST YEAR. He literally cannot control himself.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
        Smitty commands $12M+, why not just throw in an extra 4 and get a true star player?
        Easier said than done.. have the raps ever just gotten a true star player? Through FA or trade?

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Dude. He attempted 3.4 A GAME LAST YEAR. He literally cannot control himself.
          Haha, possible. In that case I definitely do not want him. Keep in mind he was playing SF. Something he would not do for us.

If Masai and Casey have a talk with him before a trade is finalized and outline his role on the team and he buys in then go for it. If he's like 'nah eff dat i'm a gr8 3 pt shooter' move on and hoard assets and cap space for the next opportunity. I'd like to believe he's not retarded. That he learned from that disastrous season last year, saw the way the spurs play basketball and thought maybe it's time he gets the respect around this league that he deserves in helping take a team to the next level.

Comment

I was thinking Tobias Harris aka J Cole. Dude has got talent! he's like a more athletic Carmelo but with great defense

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              vs slow small forwards, sure

vs anyone else, not really
              Casey loved Patman for his defensive focus and fundamentals. I think you are underestimating his team-defense.

Comment

man nm i'm completely scatterbrained here, he is a good defender

got way too much sun yesterday or something
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would acquire Josh Smith under a few conditions.

- DeMar's work ethic is implanted into him
                  - Amir's team-first mentality is implanted into him
                  - His contract is reduced to 7-8M per season
                  - Snipers are placed in the ACC and he is warned that he will be gunned down if he takes a shot from outside 10 feet.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    I would acquire Josh Smith under a few conditions.

- DeMar's work ethic is implanted into him
                    - Amir's team-first mentality is implanted into him
                    - His contract is reduced to 7-8M per season
                    - Snipers are placed in the ACC and he is warned that he will be gunned down if he takes a shot from outside 10 feet.
                    I'm not sure a lot of these points are fair. He has a bad rep and is coming off a poor season, but the opportunity to acquire him for basically nothing is only there because

a) he doesn't fit into his current team and the new GM can move him for peanuts without having egg on his face
                    b) he has a bad reputation so people immediately dismiss the idea but so did Kyle Lowry

As per your points:
                    -Work ethic doesn't seem to be the issue, just that he's been known to be a headcase in the past
                    -Is a good passer and one of the best weak-side defenders in the league, sounds team oriented to me
                    -Could realistically average 16 pts 9 rb 4 ast 2 blks 1.5 stls.. how much is that worth?
                    -Out of the box thinking but if anyone would do it maybe it would be Masai the Warlord. More realistically re-structure contract so he gets a bonus for attempting less than 82 3's a season?

Comment

If they take Fields+Hayes+Novak I'm in.

Comment

Klay Thompson
                        Nicholas Batum
                        Lance Stephensons

I am scared of Lance...he seems to be not quite "right"...but what is it they say about very gifted savants. And he knows it. I would target him now (with his current contract impasse) and let MU work on his psyche cause his physical talents are undeniable probably as close a package as there is to LBJ.

The first 2 can bust out fully in the right situation but their current teams already know this I think so will be difficult gets.

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure a lot of these points are fair. He has a bad rep and is coming off a poor season, but the opportunity to acquire him for basically nothing is only there because

a) he doesn't fit into his current team and the new GM can move him for peanuts without having egg on his face
                          b) he has a bad reputation so people immediately dismiss the idea but so did Kyle Lowry

As per your points:
                          -Work ethic doesn't seem to be the issue, just that he's been known to be a headcase in the past
                          -Is a good passer and one of the best weak-side defenders in the league, sounds team oriented to me
                          -Could realistically average 16 pts 9 rb 4 ast 2 blks 1.5 stls.. how much is that worth?
                          -Out of the box thinking but if anyone would do it maybe it would be Masai the Warlord. More realistically re-structure contract so he gets a bonus for attempting less than 82 3's a season?
                          You can't restructure contracts in the NBA.

Comment

At least Rudy Gay was able to hit the three at above 30% consistently, and remember how pissed off we got at his chuckage? I feel terrible that Sacramento fans had to endure that disgusting onslaught of 26% 3-pointers, 3.6 times a game from Josh Smith..

Comment

Josh Smith? Please!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! He's an uncontrolled chucker that went to Detroit because they assured him he'd play the 3, where he tried to force his way into in Atlanta for so long, and coaches pulled their hair out for so long trying to get him under control and stop playing the 4 like he's a 3 that can actually shoot. No way in this lifetime does Masai look at him for this team.

Comment

Waiters or Harkless both will be buried this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X