Clear All

• Roster spots : Depth chart thread

PG: Lowry - Vasquez - De Colo - Stone - Buycks
    SG: DD - Williams
    SF: Ross - Fields - Novak - Daniels - Caboclo
    PF: Amir - 2Pat - Hands Bro
    C: JV - Chuckster - Bebe

That is a grand total of 18 players.

What's gonna happen? I guess Buycks and Stone will be waived but 2 other must left/be stashed to sign 1 other FA.

Thoughts?
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Stone and Buycks won't be brought back.

Either De Colo will be allowed to walk or Daniels will be in the d-league

Comment

i really wish MU would get rid of Novak. dude contributes nothing and Casey always plays him in the most ridiculous lineups.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        i really wish MU would get rid of Novak. dude contributes nothing and Casey always plays him in the most ridiculous lineups.
        Thats the price we paid to unload Barney and get the 1st from the Knicks. On the bright side you can't ever have enough 3 point shooting in the new NBA and Novak can give you that. At 3.4M perhaps there is a taker out there at the trade deadline this year for that facet of the game.
        If not, its not that much dead money, you could be carrying Deron Williams at 19M and change !
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Stone and Buycks won't be brought back.

Either De Colo will be allowed to walk or Daniels will be in the d-league
          They'd have to release Daniels though. Still counts as a roster spot.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I honestly think Bruno will get some burn this year. I can see them bringing him in just as an energy guy off the bench to play 10-15 mins a game.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              What about Europe?

Comment

Stash him in Europe!

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  What about Europe?
                  Theoretically I guess it's possible. I don't remember this ever happening to a player that just got drafted from the NCAA.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

It's not a great roster situation right now, with Novak, Fields, Hayes and Hansbrough eating up four roster spots (and lots of salary) without providing a lot of on-court production or future upside. But I see us going with this roster (minus De Colo, Stone, and Buycks), until a mid-season trade of expirings brings back another rotation player. We can probably get better value then over trying to release guys and sign free agents this summer.

Comment

yea I don't expect much changes from last years roster...

PG: Lowry/Vasquez/Kabongo (summer league signing)
                      SG: Derozan/Williams
                      SF: Ross/Fields/Novak/Brunoo
                      PF: Amir/Tyler
                      C: JV/Bebe/Hayes

I think we are gonna lose Patterson in free agency to some ridiculous offer and De Colo is the odd man out if we re-sign GV...with a stacked backcourt of Lowry/GV/DD/Williams we just don't need a $2mil+ 3rd string guard so De Colo is likely gone as well unless its at the min contract.....Daniels is gonna get stashed in Europe or the D-League & Fields/Hayes contracts are valuable now that they are large expiring's so they are probably not going anywhere till trade deadline or are kept just for the cap space next off-season. Novak is the piece that doesn't fit right now and ideally he gets traded for a solid backup C/PF...and we add Carter to replace Salmons as the vet presence/backup SF/SG.

Comment

Theoretically I guess it's possible. I don't remember this ever happening to a player that just got drafted from the NCAA.
                        Masai mentioned Europe and we need the roster spot so I don't doubt it

Comment

If we don't get 2Pat our PF and C position would brome scary !!! It would only take one rolled ankle from Amir and ...
                          SF will be an issue this year unless Ross comes out really improved this year.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Masai mentioned Europe and we need the roster spot so I don't doubt it
                            Same, Daniels is the player with more to win/loose in summer league.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Hey, we could use the Pierre Jackson loophole on him: have him sign with a Euro-team, opt out, and then sign with a d-league team; we don't need to sign him to a contract or take up a roster spot that way, other teams can't poach him, and we can sign him to a contract and call him up if a roster spot opens up and we decide we need him.

Comment

Working...
                              X