novak for barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• novak for barnes

Would the Clippers consider picking up Novak and a second rounder for Matt Barnes? Clears up SF logjam in LA, can hide Novaks defensive short comings with rim protectors already on roster, and Novaks outside shooting detracts teams from doubling down on Griffin. Barnes gives Toronto a defensive minded three who can start or backup Ross. Contracts are about the same.

I think it would take more than a 2nd, as Novak is pretty much useless.

Also, it's possible that I missed some news that they are signing some SF. But if not, then I don't see a logjam. Barnes + Dudley is a pretty weak SF combo. Granger is unreliable. Bullock is young. If they move Barnes, they have just Dudley, and then their SF rotation stinks. But again, I haven't been paying attention, maybe they've signed someone and I'm missing something.

If they get Pierce, maybe some trade is a bit more feasible. But then again, Barnes can play both SG/SF. Redick, Crawford, Pierce, Barnes, Dudley -- that would be a solid 5 wing rotation, but I wouldn't call it a logjam either. Just a solid deep rotation like a contender should try to have at positions where they don't have stars.

Comment

Blake would miss Barnes too much.

Comment

Bob 5 guys is full to the brim, they wanted to do a S & T for pierce with either Dudley or Barnes. They require a SHooting forward that what Dudley was suppose to be.

Comment

Bob , how about Andrea's TPE for Barnes

Comment

A second rounder was all it took to unload Novak. Who would have thought?

Comment

Pretty incredible. I'd probably even take the Utah deal over this one, although I do like Barnes. Long term view and all that.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                Bob , how about Andrea's TPE for Barnes
                Maybe, I don't know. They are now owned by one of the richest people in the world. So if they move Barnes, it won't be to save money. They'd have to be replacing him with a better player in some other way.

Maybe they could move lets say Barnes+Bullock for a TPE (+some 2nds) and use that TPE (+2nds) to get Paul Pierce. That would make sense.

Comment

Not owned yet by Ballmer, there is a slight delay but eventually will own the team. They will move people , the President of the team has indicated as such. The tax is 77 million presently they are 1 million away from the luxury tax with 6 players to be signed.
                  Ballmer has spent 2 billion , he does need to lose money on an annual basis. Presently he has about 12 million in annual profit to allocate for increase salaries.

So even Mark Cuban learn to be smarter and Ballmer is pretty astute as well.

Comment

They said they are going to move people to save money? If they said that, fair enough. If they didn't say it, then I'll believe it when I see it. So far they've been looking to spend and get better.

Comment

Yes , they wanted to do a S & T for Paul Pierce but the nets did not want to take Barnes or dudley

Comment

If they upgrade from Barnes or Dudley to Pierce, I'm sure they'd make a trade.

Comment

Working...
                        X