The Where does Carmelo Anthony land Staw Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Where does Carmelo Anthony land Staw Poll

So where do you think Carmelo lands next season ?

Listens to Lala and stays put in New York ?
    Actually wants to win and signs with Chicago ?
    Goes back West and tries to win it with Houston ?
    Signs with LA with the promise of endorsements that will dwarf his 96M and signs for the money ?
    Signs with anyone other than Milwaukee ?
    Knicks
    38.89%
    Da Bulls
    50.00%
    Houston
    11.11%
    Lakers
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 07:59 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

The Knicks ... Melo is not going any where

Comment

Unless he makes a move with LBJ he takes the cash in NY.

Comment

^^^ LBJ is staying at Miami as well. These two guys love attention ... They use these FA BS to get more attention and get more headlines.

Comment

I struggle to think he'll land anywhere but NY, but have no reasoning to explain this nation-wide circus he's conducting.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
              I struggle to think he'll land anywhere but NY, but have no reasoning to explain this nation-wide circus he's conducting.
              Heres a take on Carmello's tour de farce and its premise is that Carmelo wants the biggest payday he can take down. Other tidbit is that its been reported Carmelo is talking to Pau Gasol about the merits of NYC. Looks like the Knicks keep CarMelo "show me the money" Anthony.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...015352062.html
              - TGO

Comment

It doesn't sound like the Bulls themselves expect to sign him. They are deep into negotiations with Mirotic, and I don't think they can sign both (unless Melo takes a record paycut... won't happen).

Houston can't give Melo full max, they can get close, but still.

LA is a glamour market, but so is New York. So going there makes no sense, unless it's the Clippers.

New York is where his family wants to be, and where he can make by far the most money. He'll get attention that he wants. The team will have a lot of cap space next summer, and next summer is THE summer of a lot of all star free agents. They can actually reload and find him help. And it's an Eastern Conference team, so add another all star and they have a shot to get to the Finals.
                I just don't see him leaving.

Comment

Notice Boozer still hasn't been amnestied.

Comment

Amnesty period is July 10-17.

Comment

Just saying, I don't think they will and Bulls sign no one.

Comment

Lol, if Melo signs with the Bulls Rose will hurt his knee and they will crash out in the first round.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Heres a take on Carmello's tour de farce and its premise is that Carmelo wants the biggest payday he can take down. Other tidbit is that its been reported Carmelo is talking to Pau Gasol about the merits of NYC. Looks like the Knicks keep CarMelo "show me the money" Anthony.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...015352062.html
                          I believe he spoke with Gasol soon after he finished his "visit" with LA & Kobe. The timing was exquisite. Lol. Wonder if the whole trip was done to provide Jackson with intel on what the other teams' plans are going forward.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I believe he spoke with Gasol soon after he finished his "visit" with LA & Kobe. The timing was exquisite. Lol. Wonder if the whole trip was done to provide Jackson with intel on what the other teams' plans are going forward.
                            Yeah or maybe Phil just wanted an all expenses paid flight home to LA to spend time with his wife and co-owner of the LA Lakers Jeannie Buss. That optics on that relationship just reek.

Melo appears to be Cuba Gooding Jr. in the Jerry Maguire movie and emodies the line "SHOW ME THE MONEY". He will end his carrer with his millions and be talked about as one of the best players to never win it all. Shame because if he went to the Bulls he could win one.
                            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Yeah or maybe Phil just wanted an all expenses paid flight home to LA to spend time with his wife and co-owner of the LA Lakers Jeannie Buss. That optics on that relationship just reek.

Melo appears to be Cuba Gooding Jr. in the Jerry Maguire movie and emodies the line "SHOW ME THE MONEY". He will end his carrer with his millions and be talked about as one of the best players to never win it all. Shame because if he went to the Bulls he could win one.
                              I think it's a shame that we live in a period where players have to hop teams and take paycuts to win.

Multi billionaire owners, teams all make profits, a team just got sold for 2 billions, the cap and NBA revenue is expected to grow over 30% over the next 3 years...

And despite all that, fans think that a player should leave his team and take a paycut to win.

Something is broken with that situation. Players should stay with their teams. All this extra money, Bird rights, extra years are there to make players stay with their teams. Nothing shameful about it in my view, working as intended.

I'm tired of all the team hopping. I get when Chris Paul leaves NO Hornets, the Hornets didn't have an owner, any money, any ambition, any direction, they were trading away his best teammates. But that's an extreme situation.

Take the money. I hope they all take the money. And if someone doesn't take the money, well then the next CBA should offer even more money to those who stay.

I hope that the next lockout adds even more incentives to stay. They should especially fix that extension nonsense where veterans lose money if they sign extensions.

Comment

Working...
                              X