Patience desperately needed: Look how far Raptors have come in a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamshid wrote: View Post
    If you look at Philly games then you can se in many games he plays SF and he is quite good at it as well. He is a good defender as well and plays a smart team defence.
    No, he doesn't. He plays out wider as a spacing option on O, but he does not play SF. If you want proof, go to his basketball reference page- he's played 97-98% PF and 2-3% C for the last three years. He doesn't appreciably raise our ceiling, affect our on-court spacing, or improve our team defense in a way that sticking Ross at the 3 and letting him develop doesn't.
    @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
      No, he doesn't. He plays out wider as a spacing option on O, but he does not play SF. If you want proof, go to his basketball reference page- he's played 97-98% PF and 2-3% C for the last three years. He doesn't appreciably raise our ceiling, affect our on-court spacing, or improve our team defense in a way that sticking Ross at the 3 and letting him develop doesn't.
      He guards the best opposing player that is usually the SF.

Comment

No, he doesn't. He plays out wider as a spacing option on O, but he does not play SF.
        HAhahaha, never mind. I don't think you ever watched Philly play

EDIT: Look at the explanation below He has more time and patient to explain it to you.
        Last edited by Jamshid; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

TSF wrote:
          A good stats/bad team Power Forward is the answer at SF? Seriously? If we're going to play someone out of position at SF, one of ross or demar is a much better option.
          Man, Thad is the last guy I would characterize as a good stats/bad team type of player. He is a gritty, lunchpail type of player who does whatever he's asked, which includes playing the PF, a position he does not feel is his natural position. He's basically the Amir of that team when we asked Amir to play C.

Going back to his DX scouting report: "Has prototypical tools for a small forward with his terrific size, length and lateral quickness, but has mostly been asked to defend the power forward position, which he lacks a bit of size for."

Sticking Ross at the 3 was fine last year as we figured things out, but neither he nor Demar is going to be hold their own against Lebron or Paul George or Melo (if he goes to the Bulls).

Like I said, we should only give up scraps for Young, and if we're not hunting elephants like Kevin Love (who we probably can't afford anyway), we need to scope out ways to improve the team as it currently stands.

Looking out at the 2015 draft class, there aren't many options that wouldn't end up hurting our capspace for 2016 anyway. If Young exercises his option for 2015-16, fine, we have max capspace for Durant. If he doesn't we can add another piece next offseason anyway.

Anyways, I apologize for de-railing the thread. Was just a thought.

Comment

Who are other SFs that we can get ?? How much you guys think Ariza will go for

Comment

Who are other SFs that we can get ?? How much you guys think Ariza will go for
              Ariza isn't the money. He'll probably go to LAL LAC or Houston. Outside chance Mavs.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Man, Thad is the last guy I would characterize as a good stats/bad team type of player. He is a gritty, lunchpail type of player who does whatever he's asked, which includes playing the PF, a position he does not feel is his natural position. He's basically the Amir of that team when we asked Amir to play C.

Going back to his DX scouting report: "Has prototypical tools for a small forward with his terrific size, length and lateral quickness, but has mostly been asked to defend the power forward position, which he lacks a bit of size for."

Sticking Ross at the 3 was fine last year as we figured things out, but neither he nor Demar is going to be hold their own against Lebron or Paul George or Melo (if he goes to the Bulls).

Like I said, we should only give up scraps for Young, and if we're not hunting elephants like Kevin Love (who we probably can't afford anyway), we need to scope out ways to improve the team as it currently stands.

Looking out at the 2015 draft class, there aren't many options that wouldn't end up hurting our capspace for 2016 anyway. If Young exercises his option for 2015-16, fine, we have max capspace for Durant. If he doesn't we can add another piece next offseason anyway.

Anyways, I apologize for de-railing the thread. Was just a thought.
                Okay, fair enough. I was going based off what I'd seen in philly whenever I caught a game. I'll take the loss on this one, if we can get Young for less than a first I'm interested.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

Okay, fair enough. I was going based off what I'd seen in philly whenever I caught a game. I'll take the loss on this one, if we can get Young for less than a first I'm interested.
                  How about if your first is number 19+ in the draft ??

Comment

How about if your first is number 19+ in the draft ??
                    Eh. I'd have to think about it. If we get rid of one or two of thr cap-clogging contracts in the deal, maybe.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

MU from his time at Denver has shown to be good at moving small players and also moving stars for smaller pieces. However, in his resume, he does not signing a SUPER STAR ... Can he do it ... This team will need a Super star in a year or so to make the next step and get out of the 2nd round.
                      That's Drake's job. And big Tim.

Comment

Eh. I'd have to think about it. If we get rid of one or two of thr cap-clogging contracts in the deal, maybe.
                        Hahahahah, I would do it in a heart beat.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          In my comment, Ross is not referred to as an Allstar. Star potential, but he plays SF/SG and is really hard to make the AS game in those positions. Still, the executive term is: "potential"

Secondly, I said Bruno is really unknown potential, anywhere from franchise to role player, and I guess even to bench warmer.
                          For Bebe, his block party in the summer league last year is enough to show POTENTIAL (not guarantee) of Defensive dominance.

I don't see too many hyperboles in the comment I made.
                          As jack would put it, "potential" is a dangerous word. It pretty much describes any prospect for any team.

Comment

I understand the Durant excitement ... but in the 2015 offseason, we will have:

Lowry, Demar, Valanciunas, Ross, Patterson and MAX cap room - when Kevin Love & Lamarcus Aldridge will be UFA.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              I understand the Durant excitement ... but in the 2015 offseason, we will have:

Lowry, Demar, Valanciunas, Ross, Patterson and MAX cap room - when Kevin Love & Lamarcus Aldridge will be UFA.
                              The thing is, in 2016 there are other good free agents too, at more positions.

2015 is only really strong at PF (PG's not bad either, but we're not going after Rondo or Tony Parker I don't think). And we're probably even less likely to get Love or Aldridge than we are KD. I say this because KD is a real superstar who will get attention in any market he's in...Love and Aldridge are not at that level and have been in less than glamorous markets.

Comment

Imagine next year - raptors offer klove the max

The raptors will have Lowry,DD , TRoss, Jv ,GV ,PP plus two draft picks plus Deandre Daniels plus 1st round pick 2015 plus 5 slot allocation totaling 48 million , approx. 18 -20 million below the cap of the projected for 2015 -68 million .

Kevin love starting PF for Toronto Raptors . Raptors have starting 7 - three 1st round picks and Deandre Daniels. The bench would be a couple of ancillary players that could be picked up after love's signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X