No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay back on topic guys I will deal with this forgot about the "annoying rule"
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Does this mean we can trade Hands now?

Comment

Yoooo de cool needs to get rescinded and asap. He's keeping a roster spot hostage right now

Comment

WARNING - keep the posts on the topic of the thread, not about fellow posters.

1. If you don't like posts from a particular poster, block that poster.

2. If you feel like a particular poster is breaking a forum rule, report the post(s) in questions, and send a PM to any/all of the Admins/Mods.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I was hoping for 3/$15 or 4/$20, so it's only $1M more per season than I was hoping for. $13M for Amir & Patterson isn't bad, but I still long for an upgrade at the starting PF spot... though I expect I'm in the minority. Much like Amir, I hope Patterson grows into and earns this deal over the next 3 seasons.
            13m for an Amir/2Pat platoon is better than just about any single power forward you could get for the same amount of money. Besides, our real position of need is SF. If we sign Greivis for $4m, we'll have only $4m left for a final wing upgrade and a final point guard and who knows who that ends up being. Al-Farouq Aminu is probably our best option.

Kyle/Greivis/Buycks
            DeMar/Ross/Williams
            Aminu/Landry/Bruno
            Amir/2Pat/Psycho T
            Jonas/Hayes/Bebe

Not bad.

EDIT: Dammit, I forgot about Steve Novak.
            Last edited by magoon; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

How much cap space do we have left after this signing?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Patman was so much better than I expected, I'm glad we have him as insurance against an Amir injury.

If MU can land us a bigger SF we are ready to open the door and get on the floor...
                Do we have a chance to sign Ariza now if we don't go after G.V.

With Lou Williams , I think the need for SF is much more than the need for PG.

Comment

Happy for 2 Pat -- much better situation than Orlando. Hope this means GV is back. Tbh, I hope that they move Novak to create more space for a big wing. I was assuming that they were keeping him until they had 2 Pat signed (as insurance). Novak never really made sense on this roster (unless he's a glue guy behind the scenes).

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Probably very little, don't think we can resign Vazquez, probably a sign in trade Vazquez + Hansborough for a defensive Wing like Aminu or Ariza.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I was hoping for 3/$15 or 4/$20, so it's only $1M more per season than I was hoping for. $13M for Amir & Patterson isn't bad, but I still long for an upgrade at the starting PF spot... though I expect I'm in the minority. Much like Amir, I hope Patterson grows into and earns this deal over the next 3 seasons.
                      I am hoping that Val will improve enough to make an upgrade unnecessary. We just need one star big and the other guys can focus on filling a role.

We really will need some improvement from the sophs (juniors?). We're going to be much better scouted next year.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        13m for an Amir/2Pat platoon is better than just about any single power forward you could get for the same amount of money. Besides, our real position of need is SF. If we sign Greivis for $4m, we'll have only $4m left for a final wing upgrade and a final point guard and who knows who that ends up being. Al-Farouq Aminu is probably our best option.

Kyle/Greivis/Buycks
                        DeMar/Ross/Williams
                        Aminu/Landry/Bruno
                        Amir/2Pat/Psycho T
                        Jonas/Hayes/Bebe

Not bad.
                        If either Bebe/Daniels isn't on the roster, then GV, NDC (or another 3rd string PG) and a wing (ie: Aminu/VC) could be signed, but the finances would be tight. That's barring any other trades, of course.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote:
                          I said what everyone wanted to.

ANYWAY: Back to 2Pat. I think we were his best option because Orlando is sooo crowded in the frontcourt, with lots of potential. And I like that this is the second time Masai Ujiri has had competition for a valuable player, and signed him to a reasonable deal in both length and dollars. And if we sign GV3 to a longer version of his QO, factoring in the rookie cap holds, i think we still have enough to use the full mid-level and be slightly below tax? Assuming we waive Buycks here. Numbers also could change based on if Bruno comes over or gets draft and stashed
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Cap space - none, it's long gone.

Tax room? About eight million - for two players.

Comment

Kyle/Greivis/Buycks
                              DeMar/Ross/Williams
                              Aminu/Landry/Bruno
                              Amir/2Pat/Psycho T
                              Jonas/Hayes/Bebe

Not bad.
                              Probably more like:

Kyle/Grievis/Buycks
                              Demar/Williams/Landry
                              Ross/Aminu/Bruno
                              Amir/Patterson/Hansbrough
                              Jonas/Hayes/Bebe

Wow... this team can handle injuries at every position. Our 3rd unit looks like some 2nd units we've thrown out in prior seasons!

Starters: Kyle - Demar - Ross - Amir - Val (Love this starting 5)
                              Bench: Vasquez - Williams - Aminu - Patterson - Hayes (LOTS of bench scoring here!)
                              3rd team: Buycks - Landry - Bruno - Hansbrough - Bebe (Great insurance in Landry and Hansbrough; rest are prospects)
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Cap space - none, it's long gone.

Tax room? About eight million - for two players.
                                Can you sign a FA if you are over the CAP ?? I don't think so !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X