BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i really like what orlando are doing, actually. that roster has crazy potential and the number of trade chips they have is ridiculous. not saying they're all going to be stars but they're going to be a team to watch in a couple years.
    They're going to be a team to trade with. Like the 76ers and Cavs they're not winning but have assets. They will be collecting draft picks for a long time.

Comment

i really like what orlando are doing, actually. that roster has crazy potential and the number of trade chips they have is ridiculous. not saying they're all going to be stars but they're going to be a team to watch in a couple years.
      They've got a ton of young, cheap assets right now, that's for sure.

Gordon
      Oladipo
      Harkless
      Harris
      Vucevic
      Payton
      Fournier
      Nicholson
      Philly's 2017 First Round pick
      Lakers 2017 First Round Pick

Comment

• The deal they made with Ben Gordon is a good one too. $9 mill for 2 years with the second being non guaranteed. Gives them some veteran depth in the backcourt, provides another trade chip near the deadline as it will be an easy to absorb contract for a contender that needs a little extra firepower down the stretch and it doesn't burn much cap room nor for very long.

The Frye contract is slightly harder to defend as it seems to be a bit too much and too long for a guy who has kind of been up and down for his career and has had serious medical issues in the past. But he'll be a great teammate/locker room guy to the young pups and is a solid fit beside Vucevic. Plus if his production stays static from his run in Phoenix then he'll be a nice trade chip as well - stretch 4's are so in right now.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
          They've got a ton of young, cheap assets right now, that's for sure.

Gordon
          Oladipo
          Harkless
          Harris
          Vucevic
          Payton
          Fournier
          Nicholson
          Philly's 2017 First Round pick
          Lakers 2017 First Round Pick
          Agreed.

Harris and vucevic will get much more expensive next year though.

Also Phillys pick was sent back in draft night saric-Payton deal.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Agreed.

Harris and vucevic will get much more expensive next year though.

Also Phillys pick was sent back in draft night saric-Payton deal.
            My mistake; good catch.

Comment

I think it's interesting but I'm not envious even one little bit. I've been through the whole "watch your team flounder around the bottom 5 in the league" route and it fucking sucks. You wake up one day screaming MVP at Aaron Gray and wonder what the hell you're doing. It's the lowest form of fanhood (low, as in least amount of enjoyment possible from following your favorite team).

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                I think it's interesting but I'm not envious even one little bit. I've been through the whole "watch your team flounder around the bottom 5 in the league" route and it fucking sucks. You wake up one day screaming MVP at Aaron Gray and wonder what the hell you're doing. It's the lowest form of fanhood (low, as in least amount of enjoyment possible from following your favorite team).
                certainly not envious but they are going about their rebuild the right way. if they play their cards right they'll be able to flip a couple players for upgrades and will be a playoff team sooner than later. it's the model i always wanted BC to use but we all know how that went.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

certainly not envious but they are going about their rebuild the right way. if they play their cards right they'll be able to flip a couple players for upgrades and will be a playoff team sooner than later. it's the model i always wanted BC to use but we all know how that went.
                  He did. Lottery team every season. He also wasted money on free agents that never worked out. How is sucking different from tanking.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    He did. Lottery team every season. He also wasted money on free agents that never worked out. How is sucking different from tanking.
                    No he didn't. BC kept doing patchwork jobs and making trades/signings for players that prevented us from truly bottoming out and getting high picks. The only year where he didn't really make this mistake was the year after Bosh left, which resulted in us finishing 3rd last and getting the 5th pick.

He never attempted to accumulate draft picks, and every year he just kept making quick-fix type moves in an effort to save his job.

Comment

We didn't suck well enough. We were Lottery team every year, Magic and Sixers are top 3 draft pick every year.

Comment

• 22,23,34 Wins. Hard to argue we didn't tank

Comment

22,23,34 Wins. Hard to argue we didn't tank
                          23 wins in a 66 game season = 29 wins in an 82 game season. In the eastern conference, high 20s/low 30s in wins gets you 9th, 10th and 11th seeds, not the 13th/14th/15th seeds that you need for top 5 picks. And what do you know, we were 11th in 2011-12 and 10th in 2012-13. AKA (7th - 11th) Treadmill Zone.

Actually I will concede that we semi-tanked in 2011-12, but the mistake was not resting our starters towards the end of the season. That resulted in us picking up way too many wins at the end and we ended up only picking 8th. That was the difference between getting a Beal or Lillard and TRoss.

In 2012-13 we did not tank at all. BC pulled a freaking panic move and traded for Gay mid-season. In no way, shape or form is that tanking.

The only year we definitively tanked in the BC era was 2010-11, and that was mostly because we had to because we had no cap space after Bosh left for BC to use on patchwork signings.

Comment

• And just to add, we NEVER did what Orlando did during the BC Era. Never at any point in time did BC try to accumulate draft picks and young assets. He was constantly looking to convert the young assets/picks that we did have into patchwork jobs and quick fixes. Look at the Jermaine O'Neal trade, look at the Gay trade, look at the Lowry trade (panned out for us luckily).

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                              And just to add, we NEVER did what Orlando did during the BC Era. Never at any point in time did BC try to accumulate draft picks and young assets. He was constantly looking to convert the young assets/picks that we did have into patchwork jobs and quick fixes. Look at the Jermaine O'Neal trade, look at the Gay trade, look at the Lowry trade (panned out for us luckily).
                              Especially considering the Salmons trade essentially returned a 2013 1st round pick..... nevermind a rotational player.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                Especially considering the Salmons trade essentially returned a 2013 1st round pick..... nevermind a rotational player.
                                Yup, and I think Nogueira has higher upside than the guy that was selected with our pick (Steven Adams).

Comment

Working...
                                X