X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I'd like $5m per year but I guess market dictates to some extent.

Sounds petty but every million will count next year
      6M is no big deal. Think of it this way, if they need to clear space, would it be hard at all to move a stretch PF on a 6M per/y deal? You know, ignoring they could also have other easily moveable pieces.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Neither do I.

Comment

• @pdpatt: Happy to be back in Toronto.. Excited to be apart of what's to come.. #Raptors #54 http://t.co/KduqvnMD7t
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I'd like $5m per year but I guess market dictates to some extent.

Sounds petty but every million will count next year
            WRONG AGAIN ... Just like the time of BC.

It is not the market that dictates these number but smart GMs. This summer has been a summer of over paying players till MU start to sign his players.

Player X getting over paid at team A has NOTHING to do with how a GM of team A should approach his player Y ...
            It is about having plans, having limitations and smart negotiations. Something that MU has done successfully.

People need to stop the line of " Market Dictate it" because that is how BC was defended every time he over paid a player. Someone would find a bad deal somewhere in NBA and be like: look, this player got paid this much so BC really did not over pay.

5 Million for 2Pat is unrealistic expectation ... makes no sense.

JOB WELL DONE MU so far Sign G.V. to a reasonable contract and get a SF and call it a summer

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post

It is not the market that dictates these number but smart GMs. This summer has been a summer of over paying players till MU start to sign his players.

Player X getting over paid at team A has NOTHING to do with how a GM of team A should approach his player Y ...
              It is about having plans, having limitations and smart negotiations. Something that MU has done successfully.

People need to stop the line of " Market Dictate it" because that is how BC was defended every time he over paid a player. Someone would find a bad deal somewhere in NBA and be like: look, this player got paid this much so BC really did not over pay.

5 Million for 2Pat is unrealistic expectation ... makes no sense.

JOB WELL DONE MU so far Sign G.V. to a reasonable contract and get a SF and call it a summer
              Because players don't look at other people getting large amounts of money and going I deserve at least that? If you want to keep a player for 5 million, and they look at someone doing what they do or less than they do for eight, they're not going to just go yeah okay. I agree BC was really stupid in free agency, but the market dictates up to a point in every free agency negotiation.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                6M is no big deal. Think of it this way, if they need to clear space, would it be hard at all to move a stretch PF on a 6M per/y deal? You know, ignoring they could also have other easily moveable pieces.
                I get what you're saying but raps are flirting with max money contract next year.

Every million counts.

Better to have flexibility without relying on others is my only point.

Don't get me wrong, rather pay extra $1m than lose Patman.

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                  Because players don't look at other people getting large amounts of money and going I deserve at least that? If you want to keep a player for 5 million, and they look at someone doing what they do or less than they do for eight, they're not going to just go yeah okay. I agree BC was really stupid in free agency, but the market dictates up to a point in every free agency negotiation.
                  I don't think team like Spurs ever get pushed by Market and will never go for player with that kind of mentality.
                  As I said earlier, this summer of over spending by everyone, MU has shown strength and determination to stick to his gun and pay players what they are truly worth and not what some idiot GM has overpaid

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                    Terrific.

IS this the Raptors best offseason ever?
                    I guess you don't remember when we resigned Vince Carter, JYD and Alvin Williams all in one Off-Season?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      I guess you don't remember when we resigned Vince Carter, JYD and Alvin Williams all in one Off-Season?
                      The beginning of the end

Comment

I don't think team like Spurs ever get pushed by Market and will never go for player with that kind of mentality.
                        As I said earlier, this summer of over spending by everyone, MU has shown strength and determination to stick to his gun and pay players what they are truly worth and not what some idiot GM has overpaid
                        Tell me how exactly you know what the spurs think? You're not part of they're organization so everything you're saying are just assumptions
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• and the Dream!
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

5 Million for 2Pat was a hopeful stretch and with the clarity of hindsight can be now be said to be an unrealistic expectation.
                            McHappy may have been wrong on getting Ppat for 5M which was under market but for you to say that the market does not set the price for all players during free agency is more than a little myopic. Buyers and sellers make a market and if buyers value players at higher rates so be it. Thats the essence of a market.

If you were to set prices that could be seen as collusion. Set prices also make free agency redundant.

No one is holding a cold metal .45 behind these GM's left ears. They secure players with what they think it will take to close a deal.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Tell me how exactly you know what the spurs think? You're not part of they're organization so everything you're saying are just assumptions
                              Simply look at their track record overt the years and how much they have paid their players and how much other teams have paid.
                              See, you don't have to be part of the organization to some degree understand what they do or what they think. All you have to do is to study them, have some logic and be little smart. Although a high school degree at minimum also helps

Comment

• So happy to see Patman back.
                                Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Working...
                                X