No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Patman Signs 18mil/3years in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So by my primitive spreadsheet rounding calcs we are now just about out of dough.
    If Grervis will take a 3 years @ 4.5M per year deal, we waive Stone and Buycks, keep DeAndre Daniels on payroll but loan him to a European team for 750K per year that leaves us about 2.8M for one last FA. Thats without welching on Nando's QO.
    If we sign that FA then we have 16 active players under contract for 15 spots not counting Daniels. Somethings gotta give.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
      Simply look at their track record overt the years and how much they have paid their players and how much other teams have paid.
      See, you don't have to be part of the organization to some degree understand what they do or what they think. All you have to do is to study them, have some logic and be little smart. Although a high school degree at minimum also helps
      Alright show me some players that the Spurs signed and they got them below market value? Other then Duncan, Parker, and Manu taking a pay cut to have a more competitive team
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Same people bashing Masai before and after the trade deadline, during the playoffs for not trying to win it all now, and then for criticizing the draft are now his biggest fan today? Wow.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          So by my primitive spreadsheet rounding calcs we are now just about out of dough.
          If Grervis will take a 3 years @ 4.5M per year deal, we waive Stone and Buycks, keep DeAndre Daniels on payroll but loan him to a European team for 750K per year that leaves us about 2.8M for one last FA. Thats without welching on Nando's QO.
          If we sign that FA then we have 16 active players under contract for 15 spots not counting Daniels. Somethings gotta give.
          Or we don't sign an FA. I don't know about you guys but I don't think Masai's gonna sign a wing FA, I mean, I'd be fine with picking up a low risk/high reward type guy like Brandon Rush, but I don't think Masai's gonna do it. He might make that move at the deadline though...

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Alright show me some players that the Spurs signed and they got them below market value? Other then Duncan, Parker, and Manu taking a pay cut to have a more competitive team
            Instead of me giving you the answers, I will make you think by giving you an answer.

Show me a Spur player that was over paid in the past 5 years

No one here is talking about pay cuts. We are talking about paying players what they are really worth without letting other idiot over paying GMs ( like BC) influence your decisions.

Try finding the answer to my question and you will find the answer to the question that you asked me and will get the whole argument.

Good Luck.

Comment

• Congrats 2 Pat man..well deserved,6 million is about just right,even though market is out of wack.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Instead of me giving you the answers, I will make you think by giving you an answer.

No one here is talking about pay cuts. We are talking about paying players what they are really worth without letting other idiot over paying GMs ( like BC) influence your decisions.

Try finding the answer to my question and you will find the answer to the question that you asked me and will get the whole argument.

Good Luck.
                It doesn't have to be overpaid. It has to be near market value. Ex Splitter probably isn't worth 36/4. But that looks like a fair deal because the market dictates that big men get paid lots of money.

Just because you don't pull a stupid BC and wildly overpay, doesn't mean your decisions aren't influenced by the market. Market-value deal is what 2Pat got. Market-value is what they gave Diaw coming off bad seasons in Charlotte. Market Value is a fair price dictated by what players with a similar skill set receive.
                @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                  It doesn't have to be overpaid. It has to be near market value. Ex Splitter probably isn't worth 36/4. But that looks like a fair deal because the market dictates that big men get paid lots of money.
                  Agree to disagree ... Based on your post, we have different definition of market value and what it means when market dictates the prices.

Splitter is worth that money in my book. He is not over paid for what he does for that team.

2 Pat is worth that money and has nothing to do with a market that just paid Meeks, 6 million, or Bradly 8 million ...

As I said many times in this thread, This summer was a summer of over paying. Look at what ESPN has been saying about most of the deals. Some of them are just shocking.

However, MU has managed to pay his players the right amount, despite what the MARKET has been !!!! In a MARKET that everyone is over paying this summer , we are paying the RIGHT salary to our players.

I am not the only person that is saying this. It is all over ESPN and one person called Lowry's contract an island of sanity in the sea of over paying insanity.

Market can say what ever it wants because there are always GMS like BC, Khan, Rob BabCock and .. out there.
                  Last edited by Jamshid; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post

Just because you don't pull a stupid BC and wildly overpay, doesn't mean your decisions aren't influenced by the market. Market-value deal is what 2Pat got. Market-value is what they gave Diaw coming off bad seasons in Charlotte. Market Value is a fair price dictated by what players with a similar skill set receive.
                    Yes, he certainly is.

Comment

• DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH PATMAN!!!!l!!!!! PATMAN!!!!!!!!1
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Now we sign Jordan Hill to back up JV , after GV signed tonight and look for a SF

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          5 Million for 2Pat was a hopeful stretch and with the clarity of hindsight can be now be said to be an unrealistic expectation.
                          McHappy may have been wrong on getting Ppat for 5M which was under market but for you to say that the market does not set the price for all players during free agency is more than a little myopic. Buyers and sellers make a market and if buyers value players at higher rates so be it. Thats the essence of a market.

If you were to set prices that could be seen as collusion. Set prices also make free agency redundant.

No one is holding a cold metal .45 behind these GM's left ears. They secure players with what they think it will take to close a deal.
                          You gotta realize who you're responding to.

I said hope.

Dude has inferiority complex for whatever reason I'm unsure.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                            Or we don't sign an FA. I don't know about you guys but I don't think Masai's gonna sign a wing FA, I mean, I'd be fine with picking up a low risk/high reward type guy like Brandon Rush, but I don't think Masai's gonna do it. He might make that move at the deadline though...
                            I stand corrected, we're signing a Wing FA.

Comment

Good Luck.
                              Richard Jefferson, 4 years $39 million
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                6 mil is pretty reasonable i guess

be interesting to see what happens next year when Amir, JV and Ross are all in line to get re-upped
                                Amir for Harrison Barnes?

Comment

Working...
                                X