Andray Blatche is a Jackass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andray Blatche is a Jackass

So Andray Blatche is showing everybody he can play now, but apparently he still hasn’t learned anything about being a professional. During the first quarter of last night’s Wizards’ loss to the Bobcats, Blatche got into an argument with Flip Saunders and was benched for the rest of the game; Flip said he probably won’t play when the Wizards go to Indiana tonight, either … Post-game, Flip said the beef started when he got on Blatche about his defense: “He didn’t want to hear it. I told him, ‘If you don’t come and talk, if you don’t want to be coached, you’re not going to play.’ We had coaches go up to him three different times. They said he didn’t want to play. Fifteen years, never seen anything like it. He can be (mad) at me, whatever, but you never leave your teammates out to dry like that.” … And the Wizards obviously could have used Blatche. It was a close game where both teams shot under 40 percent, and everybody except Mike Miller (15 pts) was struggling to score for Washington. Gerald Wallace (17 pts, 19 rebs, 3 stls) absolutely destroyed the Wizards on the glass, plus JaVale McGee and Al Thornton fouled out in overtime … That’s now 12 losses in a row for Washington; they haven’t won in the month of March. And their last win was against the Nets, so that doesn’t even really count
    DimeMag.com

“You know what I’m disappointed in?” Saunders said. “I’m disappointed that since we’ve started him, he gets 60 percent of the offense run through him. Coaches aren’t wrong, no matter what. When a coach wants to teach you something, and you think you’re above that, because you’ve played 16 games, good games? I had Kevin Garnett(notes), that guy you could say one thing, he’s up there, ‘What do you want, coach? I want to get better every time.’ He never copped that type of attitude. That’s ridiculous, it really is"
    Yahoo Sports

Comment

What a peckerhead!! Dude gets more playing time now and all of a sudden he thinks he's the 'Man'? Kudos to Flip for putting his ass on the bench and I hope he does follow through and benches him again the next game or more. This type of attitude is exactly whats wrong with sports nowadays, athletes think cuz they're millionaires that they can give attitude like that.... clown.

Comment

Wish we had Flip.

Comment

I kind of had an idea of what he was like based on comments he made last week, claiming he was underpaid. Good skillset but he has alot of growing up to do.

Comment

I've heard that Blatche was a headcase but never read anything as to why. This just solidifies it for me. A coach like Flip gives you a chance and runs the offense through you, gives you whatever you need to be a solid player, and now that he gives you some criticism because of your bad defense you take it out on your entire team by sulking and not playing? What a selfish sonofabitch! He should get sent down to the D-League and give a player from there a chance to play in the NBA. That player would work their ass off for minutes in the league. A player like Blatche clearly doesn't understand how good he's got it and doesn't deserve it if this is how he treats the coach, teammates and league by refusing to play.

Comment

2mrw2day wrote: View Post
              Good skillset but he has alot of growing up to do.
              Are you really that surprised? I mean, look who he had to look up too in Washington .... Gilbert Arenas.

Comment

Too bad it had to come against Charlotte though...Raps really could have done with a Bobcat L.

Comment

I always wondered why Blatche can't put it together because he does have pretty solid skills for a big man but it sounds like he is obviously too lazy to care and as a result will probably always be a borderline starter/bench player somewhere.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if Jay Triano could do this with Bargnani and/or Turk??!!

Comment

Good on Flip. One of thr hardest-assed coaches is in town tonight...Jerry Sloan...who would have probably decked Blatche right on the bench. Taking plays off on defense is a definite no-no for him. Hope JT can be emboldened by this.

Comment

Praise for Flip in here but wait, the story was not finished. Read on...

Blatche should’ve been suspended.

He should be gone now.
                        "Uncalled for. We’ll deal with it.”

Deal with it? Washington did nothing.
                        Yes, the coach should’ve suspended Blatche, sent him home and played the rest of the week without him. Management told the coach it was his call, league sources say. They would’ve gone with a suspension, a benching, whatever Saunders wanted.

The coach backed down, again.

Story of his career.
                        Since the Wizards drafted Blatche as an 18-year-old out of high school, this is all he’s ever known with Washington. After 85 games in his career, in which he averaged three points, Washington gave him a five-year, $15 million contract in 2007. He was a complete knucklehead and yet the Wizards showed faith in him. They stood with him despite embarrassing arrests and practically begged him to be a professional and work on his game. Once the Wizards cleared out everyone this season, Blatche had some big scoring and rebound games and declared himself underpaid.

Saunders did suspended Blatche earlier this season for a game, but he desperately needed to do it again. For the kid’s sake, the franchise’s, the fans’ – everyone. Only, Wizards general manager Ernie Grunfeld let Saunders make the decision and this franchise has been humiliated again. For Saunders to call it unlike anything he had ever seen in 15 years is sure saying something considering the insurrections that arose under his watch with the Detroit Pistons.

The worst ever? Well, the Pistons players tell the story of Rasheed Wallace(notes) calling Saunders the “worst [bleeping] coward I’ve ever seen” after a loss in the 2008 Eastern Conference playoffs. Everyone was there. Everyone heard it. And nothing. Saunders took it, and watched his credibility and command of that team die a little more.
                        Yahoo Sports

Comment

Working...
                        X