Novak to Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Casey must be pulling his hair out.. we traded away Salmons and now Novak.
    he's probably begging Masai to sign Rasual Butler
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      Ugh.. I feel like if Masai waited few months or a year, he could have flipped Novak into a 2nd rounder, rather than giving up one for it

I don't know about this trade..
      I guess Masai pulled trigger because he wanted to bring someone in as soon as possible
      Novak sucks. No one would give you anything for him. It's fantastic that Ujiri even managed to offload him so cheap.

I guess Utah just wanted to get over minimum payroll, didn't get any better offers and thought 'what the heck, lets do it.'

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        he's probably begging Masai to sign Rasual Butler
        hey alan anderson is still a free agent... is it time to worry?

Comment

Didn't we get a 2nd rd pick from the Nets for Xavier Thames? Then we sent out one in the ATL deal & sent out another one for Novak. So we're really only down 1 pick this year. How many did we have before?

Masai just keeps on going. We are so close to financial freedom. It feels so nice. It took Masai 1 year to get us out while improving current and future prospects. Damn. That's some work right there.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Are u guys excited as I am for next season...holy s@!t,I'm buying T Ross Jersey..
            Can't wait 2 c what Masai does with cap relief,don't think his done.

Hey Lebron,maybe it's best u sign in western conference,raptors are ready 2 explode on the league,this is just the beginning. T Dot,North Side for Life...
            Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 05:47 PM.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
              Didn't we get a 2nd rd pick from the Nets for Xavier Thames? Then we sent out one in the ATL deal & sent out another one for Novak. So we're really only down 1 pick this year. How many did we have before?

Masai just keeps on going. We are so close to financial freedom. It feels so nice. It took Masai 1 year to get us out while improving current and future prospects. Damn. That's some work right there.
              Brooklyn bought Thames for cash. We traded a second rounder with Salmons to Atlanta and now one to Utah. But we got 2 second rounders from the Bargnani trade. So I guess the 2nd rounders just cancel each other out.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                Novak sucks. No one would give you anything for him. It's fantastic that Ujiri even managed to offload him so cheap.

I guess Utah just wanted to get over minimum payroll, didn't get any better offers and thought 'what the heck, lets do it.'
                Yeah, if it was Fields that was gone with raptors' 2nd rounder, I would be jumping up and down
                But I guess this trade isn't too bad either

Comment

Masai is absolutely crushing it this offseason.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Brooklyn bought Thames for cash. We traded a second rounder with Salmons to Atlanta and now one to Utah. But we got 2 second rounders from the Bargnani trade. So I guess the 2nd rounders just cancel each other out.
                    Thanks for clearing that up. I'd say Masai clearly knows how to handle his assets. I remember the 2nd rd pick we gave up to acquire Bassy for 2 months. Smh
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      So, the only thing we have left from the Bargs trade is cap space and a 2016 first rounder.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        So, the only thing we have left from the Bargs trade is cap space and a 2016 first rounder.
                        Yeah.. seems that way. I'll take that any day of the week.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, if it was Fields that was gone with raptors' 2nd rounder, I would be jumping up and down
                          But I guess this trade isn't too bad either
                          It's more important to ship out Novak. Fields' expiring deal makes him have more potential to be used in a beneficial deal rather than just a salary dump. And his expiring deal is also valuable if it stays on our team til it's done as it just adds 2015 capspace, so you don't need to dump his salary anyway.

Not to mention that we really can't create more space this summer, and the Novak move is perfect in that sense, as we get the full MLE to use now if we want to, which is pretty much the biggest offer we can make anybody. Especially since we look to only have one open roster spot.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            still worth 10x more than Bargnani...

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              I hadn't realized that when Masai said we had needs to address he actually meant he has a shopping list and that he treats moratorium periods like boxing day and black Friday.

He just NBA2K'd the NBA
                              I genuinely lol'd

Comment

• Vasquez next then Aminu I'm hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X