Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Didn't we just pick up his option ??
    Yes, but now that Patterson is back, he becomes a supernumerary. I doubt that Coach Casey would ever let Hansbrough out of the doghouse, no matter how well he played. The only way he would stay is if Mr. Casey has a change of heart and wants him as insurance. I agree with thead that Tyler is next.
    Last edited by caccia; Fri Jul 4, 2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• A "thank you" to Steve Novak....he was a good soldier while he was here. I thought he'd do better but his usage was up and down for various reasons and couldn't ramp up the 3 pt-ers in short stints. Good pro...hope he does well in Utah.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        I can't seem to post tweets on a phone but can someone post kevin pelton's last two tweets about market inefficiency?

I guess the last 2 were what you wanted posted Jclaw?

Comment

• So 4.5 for Vasquez, and we got 4 million for MLE?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• That last tweet re having 3 unguaranteed pg contracts (not sure if the pg is relevant) is an eye-opener plus for sure. That is approx. a combined 3 mill. which could be used ala the Salmons trade or otherwise.

Comment

• Great trade to create flexibility while not giving anything up that is important to the growth and development of the team.

The 2nd round is a wasteland.

Comment

• #AnotherVetBitesTheDust

Casey sitting at the bar with a tear in his beer.

"Masai.....vets.....I need vets.....get me someone born in the 70s....earlier the better."

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  #AnotherVetBitesTheDust

Casey sitting at the bar with a tear in his beer.

"Masai.....vets.....I need vets.....get me someone born in the 70s....earlier the better."
                  careful he might listen to him and sign Vince Carter.

Comment

• So with my primitive spreadsheet we sit right now at 69.5M if we consider that Vasquez signs for 4.5M for 3 years which is close to what the final number will be if we do indeed sign him up. We can be at 68 if the Raps keep Bebe in Europe for one more year.

So that leaves us the full MLE at 5.1M and we land between 73 to 74.2M well under the tax line of 77M

So we have that money to spend to get us either a back up centre or a bigger bodied wing If we stash Bebe in Europe next year we can do both as we will have roster spots for two.

Heres the breakdown.
                    2014-15

DeMar Derozan $9,500,000 Under Contract
                    John Salmons $0 Traded for Lou + Bebe
                    Amir Johnson $7,000,000 Team Option Exercised
                    Landry Fields $6,250,000 Last Year of Conract
                    Kyle Lowry $12,000,000 Cap Average Salary over 4 years
                    Chuck Hayes $5,958,750 Last Year of Conract
                    Steve Novak $0 Under Contract
                    Jonas Valanciunas $3,678,360 Under Contract
                    Tyler Hansbrough $3,300,000 Last Year of Conract
                    Patrick Patterson $6,000,000 Under Contract
                    Marcus Camby * $646,609 Buyout Residual
                    Terrence Ross $2,793,960 Under Contract
                    Greivis Vasquez $3,200,000 3 Years 13.5M
                    $1,300,000 Incremental Cost to Sign GV
                    Nando De Colo $1,800,000 Qualified At This
                    20th Draft Pick - Bruno C. $1,200,000 Salary Scale
                    $64,627,679
                    NEW ADDS
                    Lou Willams $5,300,000 Last Year of Conract
                    Deandre Daniels $0 On Roster but on loan to Euro League
                    Bebe Nouriega $0 Rookies Scale if he sticks
                    MLE - Backup C
                    and/or Wing $0
                    DELETES
                    Julyan Stone ($800,000) Waived
                    Dwight Buycks ($950,000) Waived

Total salaries: $68,177,679
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• So we now have between 9 and 12.6 M to spend on GV and the MLE. The MLE starts at 5.3M, so at the very least we can offer GV a deal starting at 4.7M - which equates to 3 years, 15.2M; or 4 years, 20.9M; or 5 years 27M. I think one if those deals will be enough to get him.

Hoping the MLE is used on a one year deal, to maximize cap room next year, unless we manage to grab a young vet that fits long term.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        So we now have between 9 and 12.6 M to spend on GV and the MLE. The MLE starts at 5.3M, so at the very least we can offer GV a deal starting at 4.7M - which equates to 3 years, 15.2M; or 4 years, 20.9M; or 5 years 27M. I think one if those deals will be enough to get him.

Hoping the MLE is used on a one year deal, to maximize cap room next year, unless we manage to grab a young vet that fits long term.
                        I make it ~10M
                        Vasquez top up to say 4.75 for 3 years and (groan) fully guaranteed takes 1.5M
                        Save 1.5 for tax buffer and that says we could spend 3 for a wing - maybe Farouqh Aminu and 4 for Emeka Okafor to back up JV and that means we let Bebe develop another year in Europe. Or we get another one out of left field like the Novak trade for something else.
                        It has been a helluva few days eh ?
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          I make it ~10M
                          Vasquez top up to say 4.75 for 3 years and (groan) fully guaranteed takes 1.5M
                          Save 1.5 for tax buffer and that says we could spend 3 for a wing - maybe Farouqh Aminu and 4 for Emeka Okafor to back up JV and that means we let Bebe develop another year in Europe. Or we get another one out of left field like the Novak trade for something else.
                          It has been a helluva few days eh ?
                          Well, you can't make it ~10M since we don't know what deals have been front or back loaded. My range captures all possibilities. That's why. I presented it that way and not as a single number.

I think BeBe comes over right away. That's the whole reason the Hawks traded him.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            They mean Vasquez.
                            ahhh, those darn semantically ambiguous sentences!
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Well, you can't make it ~10M since we don't know what deals have been front or back loaded. My range captures all possibilities. That's why. I presented it that way and not as a single number.

I think BeBe comes over right away. That's the whole reason the Hawks traded him.
                              July 10th is when the curtain raises so we will know with more specificity then just how much we have left in our wallet.
                              I am on the fence on Bebe coming over. Ujuri talks about building a sustainable contender and developing players. Bebe could come over and learn here with NBA coaching and rigour much like Bruno is going to do, or, a decision could be made that he gets another year in Europe with a lot of court time.
                              We have the flexibility to act on both.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Bebe going to europe will save us money this offseason.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X