Novak to Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's more important to ship out Novak. Fields' expiring deal makes him have more potential to be used in a beneficial deal rather than just a salary dump. And his expiring deal is also valuable if it stays on our team til it's done as it just adds 2015 capspace, so you don't need to dump his salary anyway.

Not to mention that we really can't create more space this summer, and the Novak move is perfect in that sense, as we get the full MLE to use now if we want to, which is pretty much the biggest offer we can make anybody. Especially since we look to only have one open roster spot.
    Great point, I feel better about this trade now xD

Comment

• Funny how for the Hawks to shed salary it took Lou Will, and a 2013 first rounder, for us, it took a 2nd round pick only.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• yippe kiyay! Mu, the gift that just keeps on giving. Loved the comment about MU taking no prisoners while the rest of the league sits around drooling over LeBron and Melo, hahaha. He ain't finished yet.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
          Funny how for the Hawks to shed salary it took Lou Will, and a 2013 first rounder, for us, it took a 2nd round pick only.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          BECAUSE MASAI IS A GOD. All Hail.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            Great point, I feel better about this trade now xD
            One more point...and I am biased about Fields...because he has skills it is worth keeping him some into the next season to find out more definitively whether his nerve problems have mended. Like acl issues such damage takes around 18 mos to heal out. Lou Williams will be in the same timeline category.

Comment

• Incredible. It took a future (protected?) second rounder to get rid of him, but Masai did it.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Incredible. It took a future (protected?) second rounder to get rid of him, but Masai did it.
                Does it make difference if your 2nd round is protected or not ?? I highly doubt it if it is protected.

Comment

• I can't seem to post tweets on a phone but can someone post kevin pelton's last two tweets about market inefficiency?

Comment

• It will be a late 2nd round pick which is routinely traded for cash. Not a big deal.

Comment

• The deal
                      Raptors get: Guard Diante Garrett

Jazz get: Forward Steve Novak, future second-round pick

Toronto Raptors: A-

It's not a holiday in Canada, so Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has been busy on the Fourth of July. After reportedly agreeing to terms with forward Patrick Patterson on a new three-year, $18 million deal, the Raptors gave themselves some more breathing room under the luxury tax by dealing Novak to Utah for Garrett, whose 2014-15 salary is non-guaranteed.

Assuming Garrett is waived, along with fellow non-guaranteed guards Dwight Buycks and Julyan Stone, Toronto will clear somewhere in the neighborhood of $11.5 million under the luxury tax, a figure that would grow to about $13 million if newly acquired Lucas Nogueira does not come to the NBA this season. That should be plenty for the Raptors to re-sign point guard Greivis Vasquez, a restricted free agent, and use their mid-level exception to add needed size on the wing.

Novak, who had his moments off the bench for the New York Knicks the previous two seasons, couldn't find a role in Toronto. He played just 540 minutes in 2013-14, and Patterson's return filled the Raptors' need for a stretch four. So Toronto won't miss Novak much, and the second-round pick is a relatively small price to pay to shed $7.2 million over the next two seasons.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...kP71loHO%22%7D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        The deal

It's not a holiday in Canada, so Raptors GM Masai Ujiri has been busy on the Fourth of July. After reportedly agreeing to terms with forward Patrick Patterson on a new three-year, $18 million deal, the Raptors gave themselves some more breathing room under the luxury tax by dealing Novak to Utah for Garrett, whose 2014-15 salary is non-guaranteed.

Assuming Garrett is waived, along with fellow non-guaranteed guards Dwight Buycks and Julyan Stone, Toronto will clear somewhere in the neighborhood of $11.5 million under the luxury tax, a figure that would grow to about $13 million if newly acquired Lucas Nogueira does not come to the NBA this season. That should be plenty for the Raptors to re-sign point guard Greivis Vasquez, a restricted free agent, and use their mid-level exception to add needed size on the wing.

Novak, who had his moments off the bench for the New York Knicks the previous two seasons, couldn't find a role in Toronto. He played just 540 minutes in 2013-14, and Patterson's return filled the Raptors' need for a stretch four. So Toronto won't miss Novak much, and the second-round pick is a relatively small price to pay to shed $7.2 million over the next two seasons.

That is it. Size on the Wing ... even ESPN knows our needs and I am sure this is the next thing that MU will attack.

Comment

The deal

Excellent..
                          Add another 1.5 million 2 Del Colo..Pointless having him around,I don't mind the kid,but if u can get someone of quality player,then why have him,clear that cap.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

The deal

Thanks. That covers a couple of his tweets. He talked about market inefficiencies which, by my loose understanding occurs when the market does not reflect it's true value. He joked that the two new nba market inefficiencies were a Canadian team making deals on July 4th and the other was non-guaranteed point guard contracts, of which the raptors have three. So refreshing to see us being made fun of for doing a smart thing.

Comment

The deal

I thought we were above the cap, how can we extend an offer to a restricted free agent? I thought the only reason we wanted salary was to be below the luxury when we use the full MLE.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                I thought we were above the cap, how can we extend an offer to a restricted free agent? I thought the only reason we wanted salary was to be below the luxury when we use the full MLE.
                                They mean Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                                X