Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 155

Thread: FACT or FICTION

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default FACT or FICTION

    Hey guys i saw a game on another website and i liked it aot so im going to start it here.
    Its called Fact or Fiction and here is how you play

    -The original poster makes a statement
    -The second poster decides whether or not it is a True statement (FACT) or a False statement (FICTION) by quoting my statement and answering it - with or without an explanation.
    Then the second poster then makes a statement after they have answered.

    ill start off

    Fact or Fiction - Will Demar Derozan have a 25p/5a/5r or better season this year

  2. Like Scraptor liked this post
  3. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fiction. His minutes get cut back too much.

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors place top 3 in the East.

  4. #3
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    12,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Fiction. His minutes get cut back too much.

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors place top 3 in the East.

    Fact. We have a deep bench to sustain injuries to nearly every starter and we always play defense

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors make the second round?
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Fiction. His minutes get cut back too much.

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors place top 3 in the East.
    Fact - the entire team is back and they got a full training camp together so they will improve even more

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors will win 50 game or more

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Fact. We have a deep bench to sustain injuries to nearly every starter and we always play defense

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors make the second round?
    Fact - We lost by 1 point in game 7 so we should make it at least to the second this year

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors will win 50 game or more

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    Fact - We lost by 1 point in game 7 so we should make it at least to the second this year

    Fact or Fiction: Raptors will win 50 game or more
    Fact - a 50 win season is already lower than last year's winning % post-Rudy

    Fact or Fiction: Chuck Hayes likes it when Landry is the big spoon.

  8. Like Scraptor, enlightenment liked this post
  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Fact - a 50 win season is already lower than last year's winning % post-Rudy

    Fact or Fiction: Chuck Hayes likes it when Landry is the big spoon.
    Fiction, Hayes is the big spoon in every situation. Every. Single. One.

    Fact or Fiction: Dwayne Casey thinks Jell-o is witchcraft
    @jerboat

  10. Like Joey, Scraptor, Garbo, blackjitsu liked this post
  11. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Fiction, Hayes is the big spoon in every situation. Every. Single. One.

    Fact or Fiction: Dwayne Casey thinks Jell-o is witchcraft
    Fiction: Casey knows that jello is whats eaten by teams who don't drink the kool-aid

    Fact or Fiction: If Ross gets injured, Bruno will get a chance starting at SF.

  12. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Fanchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Fiction: Casey knows that jello is whats eaten by teams who don't drink the kool-aid

    Fact or Fiction: If Ross gets injured, Bruno will get a chance starting at SF.
    Fiction: Bruno will start, but on his D-League squad.

    Fact or Fiction: One of these guys will be the first "Raptor for life" player ever.

  13. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    Fiction: Bruno will start, but on his D-League squad.

    Fact or Fiction: One of these guys will be the first "Raptor for life" player ever.
    Fact: In spite of my personal preferences, I think DD ends up the first with that title.

    Fact or fiction: Amir plays more than 75 games this year.

  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Fact: In spite of my personal preferences, I think DD ends up the first with that title.

    Fact or fiction: Amir plays more than 75 games this year.
    FACT: amir will play > 75 games. he'll appreciate the longer all star break/recuperation time.

    Fact or Fiction: JV will average double doubles this upcoming season.

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    FACT: amir will play > 75 games. he'll appreciate the longer all star break/recuperation time.

    Fact or Fiction: JV will average double doubles this upcoming season.
    Fiction: JV will come close but will only average 9.6 rpg for the season, due to only playing 30 minutes per game.

    Fact or Fiction: James Jonson will replace Ross as the starting 3 by mid season.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    12,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Fiction: JV will come close but will only average 9.6 rpg for the season, due to only playing 30 minutes per game.

    Fact or Fiction: James Jonson will replace Ross as the starting 3 by mid season.
    Fiction: We need 3 point shooting in the starting lineup because DeMar JV Amir are non threats from 3

    Fact or Fiction: James Johnson is gonna record a triple double this season

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Fiction: We need 3 point shooting in the starting lineup because DeMar JV Amir are non threats from 3

    Fact or Fiction: James Johnson is gonna record a triple double this season
    Fiction: lol

    Fact or Fiction: Lou Williams averages more PPG than Vasquez this year.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  18. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie phdmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Fiction: lol

    Fact or Fiction: Lou Williams averages more PPG than Vasquez this year.
    Fact: He's the gunner off the bench and may average more than Ross

    Fact or Fiction: Patterson is the starter at the 4 opening night?
    Ball Don't Lie

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phdmac wrote: View Post
    Fact: He's the gunner off the bench and may average more than Ross

    Fact or Fiction: Patterson is the starter at the 4 opening night?
    Fiction: No way Amir doesn't start.

    Fact or Fiction: Kyle Lowry plays more total minutes this year than Derrick Rose.

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Fiction: No way Amir doesn't start.

    Fact or Fiction: Kyle Lowry plays more total minutes this year than Derrick Rose.
    Fact: Lowry is a bulldog and roses knees are made of glass

    Fact or fiction: there will be 2 (maybe even 3) raptors in the all star game this year
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  21. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter Fanchie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Fact: Lowry is a bulldog and roses knees are made of glass

    Fact or fiction: there will be 2 (maybe even 3) raptors in the all star game this year
    Fact: I'm pretty sure a lot of coaches regretted their choice to leave KL out. So not twice.

    Fact or fiction: Bruno will end up being a Top 5 player of the 2014 draft
    Last edited by Fanchie; Mon Sep 29th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,825
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Fact: Lowry is a bulldog and roses knees are made of glass

    Fact or fiction: there will be 2 (maybe even 3) raptors in the all star game this year
    Fact: With the universal outrage that Lowry was snubbed last year, he won't get overlooked again.

    Fact or fiction: Casey will get ejected from a game (earning 2 techs for complaining to the zebras).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  23. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    Fact: I'm pretty sure a lot of coaches regretted their choice to leave KL out. So not twice.

    Fact or fiction: Bruno will end up being a Top 5 player of the 2014 draft
    Fiction: I think Bruno will turn into a solid pro, maybe a Mo-Pete Type career, but Parker, Wiggins, Embid, Randle, Smart, Stauskas, and Vonleh will all have better careers.

    Fact or Fiction: JV averages 1.5 or more blocker per game this year.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •