Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samuel Dalembart

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Samuel Dalembart

Should we pick him up and waive Steisma. I think we should, give our Canadian boy a chance to play as he always stated he wants to play either as a Raptor or our team, he would be a decent backup C behind Val and when playoff comes around, we really need his veteran service as opposed to Hansborough or Steisma

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Should we pick him up and waive Steisma. I think we should, give our Canadian boy a chance to play as he always stated he wants to play either as a Raptor or our team, he would be a decent backup C behind Val and when playoff comes around, we really need his veteran service as opposed to Hansborough or Steisma
    What do you give up to acquire Dalembert? I assume Dolan would ask for a King's ransom in any trade discussions with Ujiri.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What do you give up to acquire Dalembert? I assume Dolan would ask for a King's ransom in any trade discussions with Ujiri.
    http://nypost.com/2015/01/05/knicks-...tragic-season/
    he may be waived
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Being sent home by Leo Rautins may result in Canada / Toronto being crossed off his list of destination choices ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. In that case, Sammy would be a considerable upgrade over Steamer. And could lighten the load on Amir as well.

But like the article mentions, I'm sure there would be quite a few teams interested.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. In that case, Sammy would be a considerable upgrade over Steamer. And could lighten the load on Amir as well.

But like the article mentions, I'm sure there would be quite a few teams interested.
    Yeah. I thought he would have been part of the Knick trade due to the the Cavs frontcourt issues.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stiemsa's contract is fully garanteed can we even sign him ? he doesn't fit under the tax. 13 years in, his minimum is something like 1.4 million.

Edit: apparently we have $4,732,477 under the hard cap, so yeah we can get him.
    Last edited by Dino4life; Tue Jan 6th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter SamMitchells's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than nothing

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is better than Dalembert.
    "Analytics DON'T work at all. It's some crap that people that are really smart made up to get in the game. Bunch of smart guys who have never played. The NBA is about TALENT" - Charles Barkley #Truth

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why replace towel wavers with another towel waver. Steimsma anbd Dalembert are pretty much the same foul prone, no offense, shot blockers with questionable defense

Post Thanks / Like

Let's do it so that Leo will never want to call another game.

12. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Steamer is only 25k guaranteed, so we could waive him and pick up Dally. Good move IMO. But I doubt he comes here.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't much like him, character wise. i remember he was sent home from team canada for acting like a diva. i would pass on dalembert the persn, but dalembert the player would be a great back up.
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i don't much like him, character wise. i remember he was sent home from team canada for acting like a diva. i would pass on dalembert the persn, but dalembert the player would be a great back up.
    But keep in mind that it was Leo Rautins, the diva of all divas, who sent him home

Post Thanks / Like

He won't make much of an impact either way.
    I LOVE ANDREA BARGNANI.

And long twos.
    Bryan Colangelo is the best GM is Raptors history!

Raptors Republic Starter TeamEd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dalembert is a better backup C than anyone on the roster. He's also better defensively than JV. I don't see a huge downside, though he'll end up somewhere else first.

18. Like 3inthekeon liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dalembert has almost zero offensive game outside 3ft, but yeah, he's still able to defend the rim better than anyone on our team.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Dalembert has almost zero offensive game outside 3ft, but yeah, he's still able to defend the rim better than anyone on our team.
    When he isn't being stupid or lazy....which he is probably the majority of the time.

Raptors Republic Starter TeamEd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    When he isn't being stupid or lazy....which he is probably the majority of the time.
    His defensive numbers are solidly above average pretty much across the board. You can live with stupid or lazy when you have absolutely zero viable back up centers besides Amir, who isn't even a center and he can't stay on the court for his injuries. Dalembert's lousy offense I can live with. It's not that the team feeds its bigs anyway.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TeamEd wrote: View Post
    His defensive numbers are solidly above average pretty much across the board. You can live with stupid or lazy when you have absolutely zero viable back up centers besides Amir, who isn't even a center and he can't stay on the court for his injuries. Dalembert's lousy offense I can live with. It's not that the team feeds its bigs anyway.
    I would rather play Bebe minutes (which I realize isn't going to happen). I feel like people tend to forget how bad a player Dalembert is. He's one of those guys who just doesn't "get it". He's not a piece you want on a good team.

*oh and he's the type to complain in the media about his minutes, touches, lack of recognition, etc....
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 8th, 2015 at 03:52 PM.

23. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information