Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    That's true, but who do you think in the Atlantic could have a better record than us?

I think barring a huge injury or a trade by another team we're pretty much locked into the 3 or 4 spot for the playoffs.
    I have the highest respect for Phil Jackson and he has been quiet so far waiting on Melo. I will see what he will do for the rest of the summer and will let you know. As far as Nets, I am not sure. Who is their coach now??

Boston and Phily are garbage this year.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A bunch of people have Indiana, Cleveland, Chicago and Toronto as their top 4. That's actually impossible because Cleveland, Chicago and Indiana are all in the same division (probably the hardest division in the league now, Detroit and Milwaukee round it out).

Of those three teams, Chicago is probably the worst (unless they land Melo/Pau) which puts them at 5th in the conference.

1. Cleveland
    2. Indiana
    3. Toronto
    4. Atlanta
    5. Chicago
    6. Miami
    7. Washington
    8. Charlotte

Miami, Atlanta and Washington will be battling HARD for their division title.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    That's true, but who do you think in the Atlantic could have a better record than us?

I think barring a huge injury or a trade by another team we're pretty much locked into the 3 or 4 spot for the playoffs.
    Everyone's sleeping on Brooklyn

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    Last year, they only became a good team when Lopez went down.

He'll be healthy again.

They have some tough decisions to make.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a hard time seeing Brooklyn miss the playoffs and that was the first time Melo has missed the playoffs in his career, so maybe last year was the aberration and not the 2012-2013 Knicks. I still think we win our division, but the Central is wide open.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Last year, they only became a good team when Lopez went down.

He'll be healthy again.

They have some tough decisions to make.
    Lionel Hollins is the perfect coach for them. He will likely institute a slower system and take advantage of a Garnett/Lopez front court

7. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Brooklyn miss the playoffs and that was the first time Melo has missed the playoffs in his career, so maybe last year was the aberration and not the 2012-2013 Knicks. I still think we win our division, but the Central is wide open.
    I think BKL will probably make the playoffs, but I don't think they can really improve on last year. They'll ahve to fight even harder to do just as well.

NYK...Well, their team is not good. They have Melo so they're a wildcard to maybe get in at the 7 or 8 spot...but man do they need to tear everything down.

I expect Miami will be terrible, especially if Wade continues to deteriorate (assuming he re-signs). They have basically no team in place at the moment. Their bench proved to not be great last year, will probably get worse, and that just adds to the problem of the giant gaping hole left by LeBron.

Think we're looking at

Indiana
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    Toronto
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Washington

Those 7 teams appear to be pretty good bets for playoffs spots. And BKL, NYK, MIA and maybe DET fighting for what's left. Obviously there could be surprises...

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Lionel Hollins is the perfect coach for them. He will likely institute a slower system and take advantage of a Garnett/Lopez front court
    Yeah maybe. I didn't watch too much Brooklyn last year, but I can't imagine that Kidd had them flying up and down the court when Lopez was still playing.

They're also an old team that are going to be another year older.

I'm really not expecting much from them, certainly not more than they did last year.

Post Thanks / Like

We should definitely win the Atlantic.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Every team is surrounded by a lot of ifs. The "improving" East isn't improving but instability. When teams make big changes it usually means more losses. The fact that Toronto hgad roughly the same core with few major changes is a good thing

Post Thanks / Like

Indiana could surprise with big drop off. Hibbert can't shoot . Stevenson may be gone. Chemistry is a huge issue. Even though they went three rounds the could have easily lost the first two. They stunk for last three months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Indiana could surprise with big drop off. Hibbert can't shoot . Stevenson may be gone. Chemistry is a huge issue. Even though they went three rounds the could have easily lost the first two. They stunk for last three months.
    Indiana's hard to figure. They will have real problems if Stephenson goes. He may be a nutcase, but they just don't have lots of talent behind their main guys to make up for his loss. How far would they fall? Hard to know. But if Stephenson comes back, I'd be a bit surprised if they stunk like the end of last year. Would probably expect another 50ish win season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    As they should be. Even more, sleeping on Detroit. SVG alone gets them into the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    As they should be. Even more, sleeping on Detroit. SVG alone gets them into the playoffs.
    I think it's possible with SVG....but even the best tactician can't make pieces that don't fit together successful. Detroit's roster is a complete mess, so I don't know if SVG can really take them into the postseason.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's sleeping on Boston

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Because they can't shoot. Shooting is a very important part of basketball. Smart, Rondo and Bradley teams aren't going to challenge anything on the perimeter.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Yeah, including Boston themselves.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but you can't really take advantage of KG anymore. 6 and 6 in 20 mpg?
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors can compete for a top 4 seed again, but #1 overall is still not realistic. Chicago is my pick for #1 this season with Mirotic, Pau and Noah, not to mention Gibson. They are a huge, skilled team and you add Rose to that and it's over for everyone else in the East. Indiana, Cleveland and Washington are in the mix for top 4 with Toronto. Forgot Miami too with Deng, Bosh and Wade.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Cleveland
    2. Chicago
    3. Toronto
    4. Miami
    5. Washington
    6. Atlanta
    7. Indiana
    8. Detroit/Charlotte

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information