Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Thoughts?

Definitely a real possibility for standings.

Comment

Thoughts?

swap brooklyn for atl and yeah probably
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thoughts?

Atlanta is better than Brooklyn, Indiana, and Miami in my opinion. Probably better than Charlotte too. They're bringing back the same team + Horford, Payne, Sefolosha, and Bazemore. It will also be their second season under Coach Bud, so they should be much more comfortable running his system. I think they'll be a legit contender for the 1 seed, but these NBA media figures know they get more hits by putting a NY team in there.

I'm optimistic that all the East playoff teams will be above .500. That would be something.

Comment

• Washington gets a lot of love.. guess a 2nd round birth will do that. They weren't a really good team in the regular season. Nene is always a question mark due to health. Contract year Ariza > 36 year old Pierce.

This is how I see it playing out:

1. CHI*
            2. TOR
            3. MIA
            4. CLE
            5. WAS
            6. IND
            7. ATL
            8. CHA

* Rose/Gasol could interrupt chemistry (remember how bad Chicago was at the beginning of last season with Rose 'healthy') then I could see Toronto taking the first seed. And I believe that without my rose coloured glasses.

Going to be an interesting season. I think Toronto's success hinges on Lowry. I hope he comes back as hungry as he was last season. He's the engine and we need it roaring.

Comment

• I like how this post.

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              It looks like a lot of people are sleeping on the Wiz. They're gonna be a top 3 seed this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              And this post.

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
              I feel like people are overrating the Wizards........

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              Were back-to-back posts.

Comment

• ^Lol looks like JM14 is tryin to be slick. I'm sayin tho Wiz are gonna be nice this season. As for Raps they're gonna win Atlantic. We The North baby!

Comment

• Overall the East is gonna be a lot more balanced than seasons past. I see the Raps in the top 4.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Amir, JV, Patterson, Vasquez, Williams, JJ.. We already beat them 3-1 last season and the only win they had was in 3 overtimes, yet people rate them way above us, smh.
                    Its not a head scratcher considering that the Wizards hit their strides towards their season end (where they beat the Raptors) and also they were able to beat the Bulls in the playoffs, a team who was considered better then the Nets who ended up beating the Raptors.

The playoffs counts more and getting to the second round by annihilating the Bulls ain't an easy task.

The Raptors still don't have anybody that can hang with Gortat which was the reason they won that game.
                    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Jul 18, 2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Its not a head scratcher considering that the Wizards hit their strides towards their season end (where they beat the Raptors) and also they were able to beat the Bulls in the playoffs, a team who was considered better then the Nets who ended up beating the Raptors.

The playoffs counts more and getting to the second round by annihilating the Bulls ain't an easy task.

The Raptors still don't have anybody that can hang with Gortat which was the reason they won that game.
                      They beat us when Lowry was fouled out, Patterson was ineffective because he just came back from injury, and Terrence Ross had an injury earlier in that game.

If JV and TRoss improves as well we'll be much better than them. Beal isn't even a good defender, DD has size over him.

And the Bulls were the biggest fraud in the playoffs, they really were horrible. When I watched them play they could barely make a basket, the Nets would have beat them.

So many players in Toronto will improve for a lot more years, JV, Ross, Patterson, DeRozan, Bebe, Bruno.. Wizards only have Wall, Beal, Porter, who are young and will produce well in the future (Porter is still a question mark to me)

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        They beat us when Lowry was fouled out, Patterson was ineffective because he just came back from injury, and Terrence Ross had an injury earlier in that game.
                        All symptoms of playing against a tough team.

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        And the Bulls were the biggest fraud in the playoffs, they really were horrible. When I watched them play they could barely make a basket, the Nets would have beat them.
                        Again its not the Bulls who were bad, its the Wizards who made them look bad.

Comment

Again its not the Bulls who were bad, its the Wizards who made them look bad.
                          Patterson and Ross getting injured had nothing to do with them being 'tough'

Nets, Raps, Hawks could've made the Bulls look bad.

Comment

Again its not the Bulls who were bad
                            , its the Wizards who made them look bad.
                            No, the Bulls were bad. They couldn't score at all. You know how weaknesses are magnified in the playoffs because you play the same team over and over so it's easy for them to adapt? The Bulls were just an absolutely awful offensive team.

Comment

• Can they compete? Yes
                              Will they most likely succeed? I don't think so.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• the bulls were good during the regular season, but when noah is your best player in the playoffs, you have no chance
                                the bulls wouldnt have won any of the matchups imo
                                having time to prepare to stop an already non existant offense cant be that tough

Comment

Working...
                                X