Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Last year, they only became a good team when Lopez went down.

He'll be healthy again.

They have some tough decisions to make.
    Lionel Hollins is the perfect coach for them. He will likely institute a slower system and take advantage of a Garnett/Lopez front court
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      I have a hard time seeing Brooklyn miss the playoffs and that was the first time Melo has missed the playoffs in his career, so maybe last year was the aberration and not the 2012-2013 Knicks. I still think we win our division, but the Central is wide open.
      I think BKL will probably make the playoffs, but I don't think they can really improve on last year. They'll ahve to fight even harder to do just as well.

NYK...Well, their team is not good. They have Melo so they're a wildcard to maybe get in at the 7 or 8 spot...but man do they need to tear everything down.

I expect Miami will be terrible, especially if Wade continues to deteriorate (assuming he re-signs). They have basically no team in place at the moment. Their bench proved to not be great last year, will probably get worse, and that just adds to the problem of the giant gaping hole left by LeBron.

Think we're looking at

Indiana
      Cleveland
      Chicago
      Toronto
      Charlotte
      Atlanta
      Washington

Those 7 teams appear to be pretty good bets for playoffs spots. And BKL, NYK, MIA and maybe DET fighting for what's left. Obviously there could be surprises...

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        Lionel Hollins is the perfect coach for them. He will likely institute a slower system and take advantage of a Garnett/Lopez front court
        Yeah maybe. I didn't watch too much Brooklyn last year, but I can't imagine that Kidd had them flying up and down the court when Lopez was still playing.

They're also an old team that are going to be another year older.

I'm really not expecting much from them, certainly not more than they did last year.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• We should definitely win the Atlantic.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Every team is surrounded by a lot of ifs. The "improving" East isn't improving but instability. When teams make big changes it usually means more losses. The fact that Toronto hgad roughly the same core with few major changes is a good thing

Comment

• Indiana could surprise with big drop off. Hibbert can't shoot . Stevenson may be gone. Chemistry is a huge issue. Even though they went three rounds the could have easily lost the first two. They stunk for last three months.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Indiana could surprise with big drop off. Hibbert can't shoot . Stevenson may be gone. Chemistry is a huge issue. Even though they went three rounds the could have easily lost the first two. They stunk for last three months.
                Indiana's hard to figure. They will have real problems if Stephenson goes. He may be a nutcase, but they just don't have lots of talent behind their main guys to make up for his loss. How far would they fall? Hard to know. But if Stephenson comes back, I'd be a bit surprised if they stunk like the end of last year. Would probably expect another 50ish win season.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
                  Everyone's sleeping on Brooklyn
                  As they should be. Even more, sleeping on Detroit. SVG alone gets them into the playoffs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    As they should be. Even more, sleeping on Detroit. SVG alone gets them into the playoffs.
                    I think it's possible with SVG....but even the best tactician can't make pieces that don't fit together successful. Detroit's roster is a complete mess, so I don't know if SVG can really take them into the postseason.

Comment

• Everyone's sleeping on Boston

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Everyone's sleeping on Boston
                        Because they can't shoot. Shooting is a very important part of basketball. Smart, Rondo and Bradley teams aren't going to challenge anything on the perimeter.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Everyone's sleeping on Boston
                          Yeah, including Boston themselves.
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, but you can't really take advantage of KG anymore. 6 and 6 in 20 mpg?
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

• Raptors can compete for a top 4 seed again, but #1 overall is still not realistic. Chicago is my pick for #1 this season with Mirotic, Pau and Noah, not to mention Gibson. They are a huge, skilled team and you add Rose to that and it's over for everyone else in the East. Indiana, Cleveland and Washington are in the mix for top 4 with Toronto. Forgot Miami too with Deng, Bosh and Wade.

Comment

• 1. Cleveland
                                2. Chicago
                                3. Toronto
                                4. Miami
                                5. Washington
                                6. Atlanta
                                7. Indiana
                                8. Detroit/Charlotte

Comment

Working...
                                X