Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talking abt all this...

we never seen the match up DRose vs Lowry

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
      talking abt all this...

we never seen the match up DRose vs Lowry
      DRose vs anyone for three seasons. He hasn't played in awhile, might need to temper expectations

Comment

I think 52 wins+ and a second round birth, at least, makes next year a success. Still have to wait and see the rosters of the East to really give any kind of prediction.

Comment

I did a hasty and totally premature guess at our wins assuming we play the same teams the same number of games as last year, and based on who improved and who gets worse. Assuming no further player movement from today (everybody stays in place):

Team GP W L
          Atlanta 4 2 2
          Boston 4 3 1
          Brooklyn 4 2 2
          Charlotte 3 2 1
          Chicago 4 2 2
          Cleveland 3 2 1
          Dallas 2 1 1
          Denver 2 1 1
          Detroit 3 2 1
          Gold. St 2 1 1
          Houston 2 1 1
          Indiana 4 2 2
          LA Clipps 2 0 2
          LA Lakers 2 2 0
          Memphis 2 1 1
          Miami 4 1 3
          Milwaukee 4 4 0
          Minnesota 2 2 0
          New Orls 2 1 1
          New York 4 2 2
          Okla City 2 1 1
          Orlando 3 2 1
          Philadel 4 4 0
          Phoenix 2 1 1
          Portland 2 1 1
          Sacramto 2 1 1
          San Anto 2 0 2
          Utah 2 2 0
          Washing 4 2 2

Total 48 34

We pick up 2 wins against Charlotte (can't see us going 0-3 against them again), and a win against Miami, LAL, Phoenix, Portland. We drop a win against Dallas (Chandler), Detroit (SVG), Memphis (we won't sweep them again), New Orleans (Davis improves, plus less injuries), Orlando (grows a little), and Washington (they'll be better). I considered roster changes/improvements to other squads (ie Chi/Rose) but I think generally we'll accomplish the same types of victories. Beat up on bad teams and play good teams close.

That's 32-20 vs the east and 16-14 vs the west.

If a bunch of talent goes West I could see us getting to 52-53 wins. But I think the range of outcomes is probably somewhere between 41 and 52 wins. A little lower on the downside because we will be much better scouted this time around and we were super super lucky with regards to injuries last year.

According to this: http://www.mangameslost.com/end-2013...april-17-2014/
          we lost the second-fewest man-games to injury among the 27 teams that reported. Fortunately we are fairly deep and that helps, plus we have Alex Mckechnie, but shit happens.

With worse injury luck we'd be around 41-44 wins I think. But if things stay constant we should be good for 48.

So I'm guessing we are probably in the neighborhood of a 3rd seed. But if Miami's big 3 fall apart we definitely could battle for the top spot. Stephenson leaving Indy would cost them a few games and it'd be between us and them if Miami is out of the picture.

But I'm guessing the Big 3 stay put.

So the third seed is my guess. But I reserve the right to update this all in a month or two.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            we will definitely be competing for the atlantic title again but #1 seed in the conference and true contender is still a year or two away
            Seriously? We definitely aren't a year or two away from contending. People need to start tempering their expectations a bit or prepare to be really disappointed.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              Seriously? We definitely aren't a year or two away from contending. People need to start tempering their expectations a bit or prepare to be really disappointed.
              When I see your posts lately I am so amazed. You are not the same guy who was posting all year. You used to get at me anytime I said anything negative about our team. Now you're so much more negative because of our first round exit (that I said would happen btw Lol) and you got at me so hard for even thinking we would lose. I like this new blastoff though, much more of a realist.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                When I see your posts lately I am so amazed. You are not the same guy who was posting all year. You used to get at me anytime I said anything negative about our team. Now you're so much more negative because of our first round exit (that I said would happen btw Lol) and you got at me so hard for even thinking we would lose. I like this new blastoff though, much more of a realist.
                We aren't contending. A conference run seems attainable. No team is considered contender without being a conference leader. With Casey we aren't contenders but if we lead or finish #2 in the conference, suddenly playoff coaches become available.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                  We could have beat brooklyn to make a second round exit. It almost happened and were fully capable of doing so. Your issue is just pure insecurity about everything. According to you, kyle lowry was a for sure goner. Same with ppat etc etc. But hey I'm sure you're "glad" you're wrong about these things!

But true contention when our best players are kyle and demar is just not going to happen. That's not casting doubt and insecurity. We can still be a good team without contending, which is who we're gonna be until a real roster shakeup happens.

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post

New York, even with Carmelo Anthony back, will be fighting for a lower-tier seed in my opinion. Their roster is in need of serious re structuring, and they are stacked heavily at the 1 and 2 positions. If they can move around some assets for quality bigs, and retain Anthony, they can still be in the top 8. That, like everything else, remains to be seen.
                    People are already forgetting that pretty much the same NY team had 50+ wins the previous season.

I think we're gonna be the ones fighting for a lower tiered seed. Pretty much all media out there said we overachieved last season, and we definitely got worse as the season started winding down while the other east teams got better, including the paltry Knicks.
                    Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Jul 5, 2014, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Guys, I love the spirit but you're dreaming. Unless MU has a couple stars up his sleeve there is no chance of the Raptors getting the top spot in the east. We all need to temper our expectations. They're still at the begging stages of a rebuild. Be thankful they've been able to compete because MU is really just getting started.

Comment

Lol no.

Comment

Even if LeBron stays in the Heat, doesn't mean they'll have the #1 record. They only won 54 games this year at #2 seed to Pacers, and considering their future doesn't look so well for Wade and their role players most certainly we can pass them. Only thing that worries me is Chicago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            We could have beat brooklyn to make a second round exit. It almost happened and were fully capable of doing so. Your issue is just pure insecurity about everything. According to you, kyle lowry was a for sure goner. Same with ppat etc etc. But hey I'm sure you're "glad" you're wrong about these things!

But true contention when our best players are kyle and demar is just not going to happen. That's not casting doubt and insecurity. We can still be a good team without contending, which is who we're gonna be until a real roster shakeup happens.
                            No I agree with you for sure. We definitely aren't contending and won't get the number 1 or 2 spot in the East but I don't think we're going to be fighting for a lower tiered seed. I think that's a little negative. We're better than that in my eyes. Not saying it won't happen but I think we definitely win our division and that at least gives us the fourth seed. Unless Brooklyn or New York make some big time splash in a trade or free agency.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

According to this: http://www.mangameslost.com/end-2013...april-17-2014/
                              we lost the second-fewest man-games to injury among the 27 teams that reported. Fortunately we are fairly deep and that helps, plus we have Alex Mckechnie, but shit happens

What they didn't take into account on that is Amir lowry and demar all playing injuried for a solid amount of the year
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                                What they didn't take into account on that is Amir lowry and demar all playing injuried for a solid amount of the year
                                Amir probably was injured for at least 40 games.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X