Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    They also have this other guy playing PG.
    Jimmer Fredette is the real Chosen One.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    They also have this other guy playing PG.
    thats true, wow you just made me think we should sign brendon roy, he should be back to his all star self by now or wiat even better lets get yao ming he should be healed to

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Why is everybody suddenly putting CHI at 1st? Cuz they got Gasol instead of Boozer?
    Cause LBJ left MIA and the Pacers look primed to implode. Few want to bet on the inexperience of CLE, and few think the Raps and Wiz are there yet. We don't have a superstar remember. So, who's left, a CHI team that was nasty to play against last season, and will be improved with or without Rose.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I say the Raps compete for the number one seed in the way that Portland/Houston/LAC competed for the number 1 seed in the West last year.

May be number one at some point during the season, but unlikely to be number one at the end of the year.

There are basically six teams, who could end up with the one seed at the end of the year

Definite playoff teams
    -Raps
    -Hawks
    -Pacers
    -Heat
    -Cavs
    -Wiz

Competing for the last two spots
    -Charlotte
    -New York
    -Detriot
    -Brooklyn
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I say the Raps compete for the number one seed in the way that Portland/Houston/LAC competed for the number 1 seed in the West last year.

May be number one at some point during the season, but unlikely to be number one at the end of the year.

There are basically six teams, who could end up with the one seed at the end of the year

Definite playoff teams
    -Raps
    -Hawks
    -Pacers
    -Heat
    -Cavs
    -Wiz

Competing for the last two spots
    -Charlotte
    -New York
    -Detriot
    -Brooklyn
    I would put Charlotte on the definite category with Lance. If Wade is only playing 45-50 games Heat could be on the outside looking in. We call know Bosh can't get to the playoffs on his own.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Why is everybody suddenly putting CHI at 1st? Cuz they got Gasol instead of Boozer?
    Because you added scoring in the form of Gasol, McDermott, and Rose to what was already the best defense in the league. Gasol and Rose should actually make that defense even better.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Pacers let Stephenson walk...and replaced him with Stuckey, who's basically a worse version of Lance, and while not quite as crazy, is not exactly known as a smart, well-disciplined player.

Yeah, I'd say #1 is pretty wide open. The two top teams from last year are hard to picture getting back there.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say we're with the contenders: Cleveland, Chicago, Washington and us.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Charlotte will make the playoffs, Walker & Stephenson aren't far off from Wall & Beal

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a lot of people are sleeping on the Wiz. They're gonna be a top 3 seed this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like people are overrating the Wizards.. Yes they have tremendous upside in their backcourt but they lost Ariza and added an aging Pierce who won't be playing alot during the regular season due to conditioning. Then they have Nene who is okay when healthy but when is he ever healthy? I don't see him not missing a portion of games this season. I like Gortat but he is so overpaid, 5 years $60M and is already on the wrong end of his career? That move was a headscratcher to me. Andre Miller I like, not sure if he can keep his game at the same level considering he's really old now, but he's really durable. Other than that, bench is not great, Otto Porter is a question mark to me.

Lowry, DeRozan, Ross, Amir, JV, Patterson, Vasquez, Williams, JJ.. We already beat them 3-1 last season and the only win they had was in 3 overtimes, yet people rate them way above us, smh.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

12. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I feel like people are overrating the Wizards.. Yes they have tremendous upside in their backcourt but they lost Ariza and added an aging Pierce who won't be playing alot during the regular season due to conditioning. Then they have Nene who is okay when healthy but when is he ever healthy? I don't see him not missing a portion of games this season. I like Gortat but he is so overpaid, 5 years $60M and is already on the wrong end of his career? That move was a headscratcher to me. Andre Miller I like, not sure if he can keep his game at the same level considering he's really old now, but he's really durable. Other than that, bench is not great, Otto Porter is a question mark to me.
    Not re-signing Ariza was the right call. At a certain point you need to say "okay, this top-three guy we drafted, time to try him out" and so long as Ariza was in Washington Otto Porter wasn't going to get the shot he deserves. This is an ideal solution for the Wiz: they get Pierce to play clutch minutes as needed and plenty of burn for Porter to develop after a year riddled with injuries. It was the right way to go.

Their backcourt is among the best in the league (Wall and Beal with Miller and Glen Rice as backups) and as for their bigs: they got Kris Humphries on a very cheap deal to back up Nene and Gortat, they got DeJuan Blair for a song to serve as fourth big.

Washington is extremely solid at every level and, like us, are relying on internal development to provide the final push. They're going to be exciting to watch.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chicago
    Cleveland
    Toronto
    Charlotte/Washington

That is the top 4 in no particular order.

Next four in no particular order:

Washington/Charlotte
    Indiana
    Atlanta
    Miami

I know I kind of cheated with Charlotte and Washington.

Raps only team from Atlantic going to playoffs - book it.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick...who's going to win the east this year? Need more time? That's it...it's so wide open. Last year I heard the Eastern playoffs very appropriately referred to as the "Miami-Indiana Tournament". Crazy how different it is this year. There is no clear favourite. It seems most people's choice is Chicago and that's based on a healthy D Rose (a phrase that is quickly becoming an oxymoron). Love to the Cavs? Sure, then they're the best but that hasn't happened yet. Now some of the Indiana strength spills over to Charlotte? This playing field is getting very even. Except for one uneven thing. The schedule.
    We play 16 games against the nets, knicks, celtics and 76ers. The east may be getting stronger this year but nobody in the Atlantic did. Three of the other favourites (Indy, Chi, Clev) will eat each other up in the same division. If all the plus .500 teams are going to battle it out, that may be our ace in the hole.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Toronto
    Charlotte/Washington

That is the top 4 in no particular order.

Next four in no particular order:

Washington/Charlotte
    Indiana
    Atlanta
    Miami

I know I kind of cheated with Charlotte and Washington.

Raps only team from Atlantic going to playoffs - book it.
    I *think* Brooklyn (or maybe even the Knicks) can make it, but it's really hard to see who from that group they push out, without major injuries.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Thoughts?

Definitely a real possibility for standings.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

swap brooklyn for atl and yeah probably
    @jerboat

20. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

Atlanta is better than Brooklyn, Indiana, and Miami in my opinion. Probably better than Charlotte too. They're bringing back the same team + Horford, Payne, Sefolosha, and Bazemore. It will also be their second season under Coach Bud, so they should be much more comfortable running his system. I think they'll be a legit contender for the 1 seed, but these NBA media figures know they get more hits by putting a NY team in there.

I'm optimistic that all the East playoff teams will be above .500. That would be something.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Washington gets a lot of love.. guess a 2nd round birth will do that. They weren't a really good team in the regular season. Nene is always a question mark due to health. Contract year Ariza > 36 year old Pierce.

This is how I see it playing out:

1. CHI*
    2. TOR
    3. MIA
    4. CLE
    5. WAS
    6. IND
    7. ATL
    8. CHA

* Rose/Gasol could interrupt chemistry (remember how bad Chicago was at the beginning of last season with Rose 'healthy') then I could see Toronto taking the first seed. And I believe that without my rose coloured glasses.

Going to be an interesting season. I think Toronto's success hinges on Lowry. I hope he comes back as hungry as he was last season. He's the engine and we need it roaring.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information