Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors compete for #1 seed in east this upcoming season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't edit because I'm on mobile but realistically the Raptors will battle for the second seed but will probably end up being the third or fourth seed, depending on how good the division winner out of Atlanta/Washington do. I'll take my chances and say we finish in third place.

Comment

People forget the team we have out right now, wins +65% of the time. We started with such a terrible record however, that it only lead to 48 wins. But even with NO IMPROVEMENTS, the same team is coming out and should win approx 48-53 games. WITH IMPROVEMENTS, the team can reach high 55+ wins.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        People forget the team we have out right now, wins +65% of the time. We started with such a terrible record however, that it only lead to 48 wins. But even with NO IMPROVEMENTS, the same team is coming out and should win approx 48-53 games. WITH IMPROVEMENTS, the team can reach high 55+ wins.
        We surprised a lot of teams last year, they'll be more prepared for us this year so I doubt we get even 50 wins. 45-48 seems reasonable

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          We surprised a lot of teams last year, they'll be more prepared for us this year so I doubt we get even 50 wins. 45-48 seems reasonable
          I don't know either way....

But I don't think we surprised a lot of teams last year. We were starting to surge almost immediately after the trade, and by January teams knew we wouldn't be an easy win and already were scouting the crap out of us to gameplan.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            We started the season going 6-12 with Gay. After the trade is when the actual team we have today began.

Lets pretend the season began after Gay was traded. That makes it a 64 game season, quite a large sample size. We won 42/64 games for an average of .656!!!! Extrapolate that to 82 game season, and you have 53-54 wins!!!

The past data shows that this team can win 53-54 games not including any likely improvements from then till now.

Sure, other teams maybe more ready for us, but we have also upped our chemistry, bolstered our bench, and had TRoss, Demar, and Val grow another year.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              IF LBJ goes to west can we compete for top seed in east this upcoming season? I think maybe.....I think we are logically favourites to win our division---Philly and Boston rebuilding, NYK even with Carmelo have AB and JC as integral parts so unlikely to challenge and Brooklyn will likely only have Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Brooke Lopez coming back with the last two coming off surgery. Indiana likely to fall off, Chicago will be tough. Detroit will be improved but not a threat. Cleveland could have significant improvements and Miami could be a shell of its former self if LBJ leaves.

Certainly the west is far superior BUT we could be at the best position in the history of our franchise.
              No.

Comment

No they cannot. Cavs are much better than us. Indiana will still be good. Hawks will surprise many people this year. Nets will be much better. NY with Melo will be a better team under Phil. Chicago will be a much better with Rose. So no, we are lucky if end up being top 3 team.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  No they cannot. Cavs are much better than us. Indiana will still be good. Hawks will surprise many people this year. Nets will be much better. NY with Melo will be a better team under Phil. Chicago will be a much better with Rose. So no, we are lucky if end up being top 3 team.
                  Lots of pessimism here.

Cavs are not much better then us, there will be adjusting period with new coach and Lebron James wanting to run the show, they will struggle at times just like Miami did the first time they started 4 years ago.

Indiana will still be good but they have not improved and rumor is that Lance Stephenson who cares more about getting payed will probably head over to Miami now so they have bigger holes to fill.

Nets didn't do anything but got older, I fail to see how they will be better and Pierce is probably bolting to LAC.

NY is messed up, Phil ain't coaching them and they are in a rut.

I have my doubt about Rose being anywhere as dominating as he once was, was out for too long.

Given that the Raptors are at the easiest division in the entire league (the Atlantic) there is no reason to believe that they won't be number 1 again and I believe they could have the second or third best record in the entire conference.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                    What's so good about Indiana? They might lose Lance, David West is getting older, Roy Hibbert is .. well yeah. And they still haven't acquired a point guard to lead the team. They looked awful in the playoffs for a contender, not including George.

And just because Knicks are going to be under Phil doesn't mean they'll be a 3 seed. Even with Melo, they'll still have problems especially in the frontcourt with Tyson Chandler gone. I don't even see them improving through trades since they have little to none assets.

Yeah I agree, Hawks will surprise many, but I still believe we'll be better (optimistic, but realistic too). Chicago will be good, but will they be the same team as before without Boozer, and Luol Deng?

And Nets, I can't see them getting better at all. DWill is going through injury problems, KG isn't going to save them. Is Pierce even with them still? Is he a free agent? Without Pierce, they'll struggle. I remember in our series he came up really big along with JJ.

I most certainly think we can get a top 3 seed.

- Optimistic Raptors fan

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

For Raptors to have a successful season this year, we need to go to at least game 7 in the 2nd round ... Making ECF should be the goal but even having a strong showing in the 2nd round is a success. East will surprise many this year.

Bucks, Philly, Boston, Orlando will suck this year. The rest of the East will make improvements but it is still too early to tell. Lets see where Melo goes ... lets see what Phil will do in NY and ...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Lots of pessimism here.

Cavs are not much better then us, there will be adjusting period with new coach and Lebron James wanting to run the show, they will struggle at times just like Miami did the first time they started 4 years ago.

Indiana will still be good but they have not improved and rumor is that Lance Stephenson who cares more about getting payed will probably head over to Miami now so they have bigger holes to fill.

Nets didn't do anything but got older, I fail to see how they will be better and Pierce is probably bolting to LAC.

NY is messed up, Phil ain't coaching them and they are in a rut.

I have my doubt about Rose being anywhere as dominating as he once was, was out for too long.

Given that the Raptors are at the easiest division in the entire league (the Atlantic) there is no reason to believe that they won't be number 1 again and I believe they could have the second or third best record in the entire conference.
                        Other than lose both of Shaun Livingston AND Thornton. Nets are going to be much worse this season.

Comment

Other than lose both of Shaun Livingston AND Thornton. Nets are going to be much worse this season.
                          They will get back Brooke Lopez so there is an addition with subtraction.

Comment

I agree with you. The only thing I will say is a lot of teams in the East have improved and will continue to improve. There were a lot of tanking teams and just really crappy teams that we beat last year. This year there aren't as many so wins won't be as easy to come by.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Its a three way race for first between Cleveland, Chicago, and Toronto

Comment

Chicago is closing in on a deal with Pau Gasol. Can they still get Carmelo after signing Gasol? I think with Gasol and possibly Carmelo Chicago is definitely better than us. We will be fighting for the third spot with the likes of Indiana, Washington and Atlanta I feel.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X